Man Seen On Video Shoving 92-Year-Old To Ground Has Been Arrested More Than 100 Times

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s not his first arrest. Police sources tell CBS2 he’s been arrested more than 100 times before on a slew of charges.

CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis spoke to the victim Tuesday.

The disturbing assault was caught on surveillance video. A 92-year-old woman was walking on Third Avenue when for no apparent reason a man pushes her. She hits her head on a fire hydrant on her way to the ground.
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/06/16 ... -sidewalk/
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Was he released?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 pmWas he released?
I hope not. People have lost their damn minds.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I read a couple of articles on him. He’s supposedly diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 18. Most of his arrests were jumping the turnstile in the subway, weed, groping women on the subway, trespassing. It looks like he’s been wandering the streets for over ten years, a very disturbed person. Police pick him up, arrest him, in and out, in and out.

Watching the video there’s obviously something wrong with him. His social worker claimed he couldn’t get his medication because of the virus but that sounds like his social worker sucks at her job. They’ll put him in jail for awhile. He’ll get out, probably sicker than he went in and on it will go.

What’s the solution for people like him?
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm glad they caught him. That video was horrible to watch.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 pm I read a couple of articles on him. He’s supposedly diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 18. Most of his arrests were jumping the turnstile in the subway, weed, groping women on the subway, trespassing. It looks like he’s been wandering the streets for over ten years, a very disturbed person. Police pick him up, arrest him, in and out, in and out.

Watching the video there’s obviously something wrong with him. His social worker claimed he couldn’t get his medication because of the virus but that sounds like his social worker sucks at her job. They’ll put him in jail for awhile. He’ll get out, probably sicker than he went in and on it will go.

No, it's doesn't look obvious that anything is wrong with him. Making excuses for his crime and trying to make him the victim is not the answer.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 pm I read a couple of articles on him. He’s supposedly diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 18. Most of his arrests were jumping the turnstile in the subway, weed, groping women on the subway, trespassing. It looks like he’s been wandering the streets for over ten years, a very disturbed person. Police pick him up, arrest him, in and out, in and out.

We need psychiatric hospitals for the mentally ill like him to stay until he becomes stable and then a supervised halfway house. We have them, we just don't have enough of them to meet the needs of all these mentally ill homeless adults.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm I'm glad they caught him. That video was horrible to watch.
It was hard to watch.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

I’m sure a social worker will help him find his way.

There are several habitual offenders, like this, in my town. They have been to prison, jail, court ordered treatment, with no success. I think one got shot a few years back, though.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:35 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 pmWas he released?
I hope not. People have lost their damn minds.
True that. Getting scary.
Locked Previous topicNext topic