Trump 2020

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:33 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:12 pm I feel sorry for the people who camped out for four days in order to access the Trump rally. Well, not really.
Did people really think that there were actually 1 million people who were interested in attending? Polls have seen Trumps approval rating way down, there is a contagious virus that’s pretty nasty and large unemployment rates. But yeah, let’s believe that 1,000,000 people suddenly wanted to this disaster talk about himself for two hours.

And talk about a low energy crowd. There was a video from The Lincoln Project called the “Walk of Shame” with Trump walking alone from the helicopter, looking like a 12 year old pitcher who just lost the Little League World Series for his team . So dejected.
The LincolnProject posts and videos have been pretty devastating!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

And you know this how?
moviestar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:33 pm trump voters have never been silent nor a majority
SilentNeko wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 pm True. I was listening to a conservative talk show on the radio. They were talking about a silent majority they were hoping gets out and votes in November. While I do find conspiracy theories interesting, these days I’m not in the mood. When it comes right down to it, people are going to decide which way to go.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:16 pm Oh, it seems like he’s out. But it also looked like he wouldn’t win in 2016 and probably many people got confident enough to not vote against him.

moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

well I know they are not the majority because he got fewer votes than his opponent and I know they aren’t silent because they are utterly incapable of shutting the f**k up about a variety of things which give them away as trump voters.
SilentNeko wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:35 pm And you know this how?
moviestar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:33 pm trump voters have never been silent nor a majority
SilentNeko wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 pm True. I was listening to a conservative talk show on the radio. They were talking about a silent majority they were hoping gets out and votes in November. While I do find conspiracy theories interesting, these days I’m not in the mood. When it comes right down to it, people are going to decide which way to go.

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:53 pm For all of you fools, no one would have a good turn out in the midst of this virus. Would you go to a concert, a ball game, any activity where there would be thousands of people right now? I think not.

Get over yourselves.
Someone certainly seemed to think he’d have a good turnout - him and his campaign bragged about it all week.

Deleted User 203

Unread post

To put it simply, I disagree.

I believe as citizens, we have a right to demand better candidates vs taking the position of voting for the lesser of two evils.

I won't be a party to making a decision of which one of these two presidential candidates can muck this country up even more than it is already.

I also disagree that any citizen who chooses not to vote does not have a voice. In fact, in being silent, our voices ARE indeed being heard.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm Sometimes you can’t vote for what you want and must therefore vote against what you don’t. It’s sad, but it’s actually something that’s happening in almost all democratic countries: people vote against the candidate they don’t want even if the alternative doesn’t seem that much better.
I, for example, would’ve had to support Trump for a second term if Sanders had been the candidate. Because I think Sanders will be a complete disaster, even worst than Trump. He was the only candidate that would make go for Trump. Believe me, I dreaded every second that he seemed to be on top. As it is, then I will go for Biden. Because as much as I don’t like him and many of his policies and positions, I think he will do better than Trump. So I may be voting for removing Trump from the WH rather than for Biden, but unfortunately, those go hand in hand. So I’ll do what I have to do to try to prevent the worst possible outcome even if the alternative isn’t ideal either. Otherwise we can’t complain, because people who decided to just let things happen really shouldn’t complain when things go badly if they could’ve tried to prevent and decided not to.
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:30 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:36 pm
Too many people stayed home last time and that's how we ended up with this nightmare.
Don't blame them. Blame his opponent.

If these folks like myself who stayed home felt that Clinton was the one to be the kind of POTUS they/I wanted, we would have voted for her.

We didn't she was worthy of our vote either.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We live in a democracy where anyone can run for office. Any citizen over the age of 35 can run for President. How can you demand that better people run? How would that even work?
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 pm To put it simply, I disagree.

I believe as citizens, we have a right to demand better candidates vs taking the position of voting for the lesser of two evils.

I won't be a party to making a decision of which one of these two presidential candidates can muck this country up even more than it is already.

I also disagree that any citizen who chooses not to vote does not have a voice. In fact, in being silent, our voices ARE indeed being heard.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm Sometimes you can’t vote for what you want and must therefore vote against what you don’t. It’s sad, but it’s actually something that’s happening in almost all democratic countries: people vote against the candidate they don’t want even if the alternative doesn’t seem that much better.
I, for example, would’ve had to support Trump for a second term if Sanders had been the candidate. Because I think Sanders will be a complete disaster, even worst than Trump. He was the only candidate that would make go for Trump. Believe me, I dreaded every second that he seemed to be on top. As it is, then I will go for Biden. Because as much as I don’t like him and many of his policies and positions, I think he will do better than Trump. So I may be voting for removing Trump from the WH rather than for Biden, but unfortunately, those go hand in hand. So I’ll do what I have to do to try to prevent the worst possible outcome even if the alternative isn’t ideal either. Otherwise we can’t complain, because people who decided to just let things happen really shouldn’t complain when things go badly if they could’ve tried to prevent and decided not to.
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Don't blame them. Blame his opponent.

If these folks like myself who stayed home felt that Clinton was the one to be the kind of POTUS they/I wanted, we would have voted for her.

We didn't she was worthy of our vote either.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

The same way you feel we can and should given the past few years of posting with you here and the constant complaints from you about Trump and his supporters.

Maybe less voting of the lesser of those two evils will help? Perhaps then we might get better candidates running for both parties and not just for POTUS.

You can show up at the polls, sure, but is that all so many of us will be left with? The voting between who's bad to who is worse?

Perhaps it should no longer be a matter of "ANY citizen" that is over 35 being able to run for POTUS?

Just some thoughts ^^ and because right now, to many U.S. voting citizens, the pickings are quite slim.

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:27 am We live in a democracy where anyone can run for office. Any citizen over the age of 35 can run for President. How can you demand that better people run? How would that even work?

Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:49 am The same way you feel we can and should given the past few years of posting with you here and the constant complaints from you about Trump and his supporters.

Maybe less voting of the lesser of those two evils will help? Perhaps then we might get better candidates running for both parties and not just for POTUS.

You can show up at the polls, sure, but is that all so many of us will be left with? The voting between who's bad to who is worse?

Perhaps it should no longer be a matter of "ANY citizen" that is over 35 being able to run for POTUS?

Just some thoughts ^^ and because right now, to many U.S. voting citizens, the pickings are quite slim.

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:27 am We live in a democracy where anyone can run for office. Any citizen over the age of 35 can run for President. How can you demand that better people run? How would that even work?

Getting rid of the corrupt, rotten politicians is something that unfortunately takes a long time. You have to start at your local gov't, then county, then state, then Presidential. That's how so many dem govs got into office.

Also, it takes big bucks to win a political campaign. When you live in a completely corrupt state like IL, completely controlled by the dems, Republican candidates don't stand much of a chance. I know my vote is negated on the state and national levels because of the overwhelming number of dems in the state, but I still vote. Our forefathers and ancestors have fought many wars to guarantee our right to vote among many other rights.

I hate to disagree with you but, no, the silent voices are not heard. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 pm
Mommamia wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:53 pm For all of you fools, no one would have a good turn out in the midst of this virus. Would you go to a concert, a ball game, any activity where there would be thousands of people right now? I think not.

Get over yourselves.
There's also a few people posting that were there, relating that they were barred from getting in because they didn't have enough guards or ticket takers or ID checkers our whatever you want to call them, so they shut down the entrances.

From the pictures I saw there was a pretty hefty crowd that got locked out. I don't think anyone is surprised that happened. Ooops! Sorry! Didn't have enough people!
Where?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

let’s see those photos because these ones of the overflow area definitely do not look like they contain enough people to fill 13,000 empty seats

E45072E7-D625-4E49-91A0-20F55B0B0DFA.jpeg
C2C7883A-6449-4023-A877-2C741842CA96.png
E09D0B1F-0A1B-49B5-AE01-37622C4E79BE.jpeg
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Get over yourselves.
There's also a few people posting that were there, relating that they were barred from getting in because they didn't have enough guards or ticket takers or ID checkers our whatever you want to call them, so they shut down the entrances.

From the pictures I saw there was a pretty hefty crowd that got locked out. I don't think anyone is surprised that happened. Ooops! Sorry! Didn't have enough people!
Locked Previous topicNext topic