Trump 2020

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:50 am I don't think Tulsa turned out like he thought it would.
He's been unusually quiet this morning.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:39 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:50 am I don't think Tulsa turned out like he thought it would.
They're just trying to get their story straight on who they can blame the low turnout on. So far I've heard it was violent protesters blocking the entry or K-pop fans and teenagers who reserved a bunch of tickets. Neither of which are true (I mean, the K-pop one might be true but it wouldn't affect who actually shows up).
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am
They're just trying to get their story straight on who they can blame the low turnout on. So far I've heard it was violent protesters blocking the entry or K-pop fans and teenagers who reserved a bunch of tickets. Neither of which are true (I mean, the K-pop one might be true but it wouldn't affect who actually shows up).
K-pop one is definitely true (according to my son). Admittedly, there were probably some fans that didn't want to attend an event, even a Trump event, that was +50x overbooked. But the fact that only about 7,000 showed up is telling and very embarrassing to the Trump campaign.

What was even more embarrassing was Trump's rally speech. I watched snippets and then read some of the transcripts. Did you see video of the people yawning in the audience? This was definitely a humiliating event for Trump. I wonder whose head is going to roll.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:56 am

K-pop one is definitely true (according to my son). Admittedly, there were probably some fans that didn't want to attend an event, even a Trump event, that was +50x overbooked. But the fact that only about 7,000 showed up is telling and very embarrassing to the Trump campaign.

What was even more embarrassing was Trump's rally speech. I watched snippets and then read some of the transcripts. Did you see video of the people yawning in the audience? This was definitely a humiliating event for Trump. I wonder whose head is going to roll.
K-pop fans are the best, honestly,like when they flooded the white lives matter hashtag.

Yeah I think in these times, people's willingness to listen to Trump's grievances for 2 hours has definitely waned. I think people want action, and actual plans, not just whining. He spent 15 minutes on that stupid ramp issue.

This is why I genuinely dont understand people who think Biden and Trump are the same. Biden is at least speaking to the people and acknowledging what is happening to us right now. And has some policy ideas.

And Brad Parscale is gonna be in the unemployment line for this. He was the one bragging about all the tickets and the turnout.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:07 am

K-pop fans are the best, honestly,like when they flooded the white lives matter hashtag.

Yeah I think in these times, people's willingness to listen to Trump's grievances for 2 hours has definitely waned. I think people want action, and actual plans, not just whining. He spent 15 minutes on that stupid ramp issue.

This is why I genuinely dont understand people who think Biden and Trump are the same. Biden is at least speaking to the people and acknowledging what is happening to us right now. And has some policy ideas.

And Brad Parscale is gonna be in the unemployment line for this. He was the one bragging about all the tickets and the turnout.
I "almost" feel sorry for Parscale.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:22 am

I "almost" feel sorry for Parscale.
Lol, same. If Trump was a man capable of any sort of self-reflection, this would definitely be the writing on the wall. His declining polls, public opinion about healthcare, racial violence, policing, etc, and now this poorly attended rally in a super-red state, all point to the same thing. Times are changing and he's not changing with them. His old divisiveness and racism and meanness aren't packing the same punch. I dont think he can change though.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup, between the emerging narrative that Parscale is just grifting Trump while not really knowing what he’s doing (with the end result of terrible poll numbers, which are Trump’s fault, but he’s a convenient scapegoat), the fact that he didn’t vote (period) in 2016 despite working for Trump then and this, I can’t see how Parscale lasts much longer.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:54 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 pm

We had primaries with plenty of choices. There are millions of Americans who think we did choose the best candidates and are plenty happy with the choices they made. You and many others just don’t happen to agree. Happens every four years.
I never really know where to go with some of your comments, Lemons.

Naturally and of course, there will be many that think the opposite of me. I tend to think outside of the box often.
What? We actually did have better choices. Mine didn’t get chosen either The better ones just didn’t get chosen this time. . It sucks and hopefully this whole last administration was a fluke and will never happen again.
who did you want?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:13 am
SilentNeko wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:01 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

I realize it's still considered a "civic duty" to vote but honestly, when we're left with the presidential options we have had both in 2016 and this year, I sometimes wonder if we don't have a civic duty....a right... to demand better choices.
I wish we could demand a better choice. For the first time ever, I am seriously considering staying home. 2016, I was willing to give Trump a chance. That didn’t work out to well, and right now I am so fed up with it all, I’m like why even bother. I did vote in the primary, but I didn’t select a presidential candidate. If I have that same option in the general election, I’m not going to choose a president. None of them are fit to lead.
I've had similar discussions elsewhere on social media and with friends/family, and you're not alone nor am I.

I think a lot of voters are at a loss on what to do and many do not want to do the 'lesser of two evils' type of voting.
Too many people stayed home last time and that's how we ended up with this nightmare.
Locked Previous topicNext topic