Reminder: John Bolton left because Trump wouldn’t let him start a war

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

John Bolton's ouster as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser reveals something important: Even the deepest Washington insider and pro-war advocate can fail to push this commander in chief to start a major conflict.

Bolton is most known for openly and passionately calling on the US to bomb nations he deems irredeemably dangerous. North Korea and Iran held a special place in his heart, writing that America should attack them for pursuing nuclear weapons and even advocating regime change. Doves worried aloud that missiles would start flying soon after Bolton stepped foot inside the Oval Office.

It wasn’t to be, thankfully.

the Washington Post reported Tuesday that Bolton was “devastated” Trump chose not to attack Iran after it downed an American surveillance drone in June.

Which means that Bolton surely got to Trump on some issues, but failed to convince him to start fights the world over. All he really received for his efforts was open ridicule.

“I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday when announcing the top aide’s ouster. That echoed the president’s comments from four months ago when he told reporters “I’m the one that tempers him. That’s okay. I have different sides. I have John Bolton and other people that are a little more dovish than him.”

It goes to show that Trump is in control of the most important aspect of his foreign policy: whether or not to go to war.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... korea-iran

BOLTON IS A BUTTHURT IRRELEVANT WARHAWK.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I hope the DOJ can legally prevent his tell all book from getting published because it contains classified info. But if it does get published and he has included classified info in it, he deserves to go to jail. Now we all know why he wouldn't testify in front of Congress during the 2 year multi-million dollars quest to connect Trump to Russia.......he was saving his inside info for when his book gets published. No one will by his book if he had already blabbed what biased info he thought he knew to congress.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I hope the DOJ can legally prevent his tell all book from getting published because it contains classified info. But if it does get published and he has included classified info in it, he deserves to go to jail. Now we all know why he wouldn't testify in front of Congress during the 2 year multi-million dollars quest to connect Trump to Russia.......he was saving his inside info for when his book gets published. No one will by his book if he had already blabbed what biased info he thought he knew to congress.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The book is already published. Advance copies have been sent out for review and interview preparation. Personally, I would not buy it. If Mr. Bolton believed there were serious issues and breaches of the law, as he states in the book, then he should have come forward at the time. Not wait until he can make money from his book. Either you are in the WH to serve your country or you are there to personally profit.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow, this Bolton guy sounds like the worst. What kind of incompetent moron hired him?
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

it’s already been vetted for classified info...
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 pm I hope the DOJ can legally prevent his tell all book from getting published because it contains classified info. But if it does get published and he has included classified info in it, he deserves to go to jail. Now we all know why he wouldn't testify in front of Congress during the 2 year multi-million dollars quest to connect Trump to Russia.......he was saving his inside info for when his book gets published. No one will by his book if he had already blabbed what biased info he thought he knew to congress.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL, I remember a lot of nitwits praising Trump for choosing Bolton.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Judge rejects Trump bid to ban ex-adviser's book

A US judge has rejected a request by President Donald Trump to stop the publication of a memoir by his former National Security Adviser, John Bolton.

The justice department argued that the book had not been properly vetted.

Judge Royce Lamberth of the US District Court in Washington DC said Mr Bolton had "gambled" with US national security and "exposed his country to harm".

But he ruled that the government had "failed to establish that an injunction would prevent irreparable harm".

Hundreds of thousands of copies of the book - The Room Where It Happened - have been printed and distributed, and are due to go on sale on Tuesday.

In the memoir Mr Bolton paints a picture of a president whose decision-making was dominated by a desire to be re-elected in November.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-reject ... 15062.html
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Trump hires 🎶 all the BEST 🎶 people though!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And now he’s down to the handful of morons that still want to work for him 😂
Seriously, 4 more years of him and the whole WH staff will be Pence, Kellyanne, Ivanka', her hubby, little Donnie and Eric. Oh, and the McDonalds delivery boy. He probably has his own VIP pass by now.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:55 pm Trump hires 🎶 all the BEST 🎶 people though!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic