Charges in Atlanta's Brooks case.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 pm
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:22 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 pm

There is no excuse for shooting someone with a non-lethal weapon the back as they are running away. Sometimes they can just let them go. They had his car. They knew who he was. He was drunk and tired. He wasn't gonna get far. You dont have to whip out a gun and shoot for every damn thing.
You really should do a little research before you spout the same bs comment after comment. A taser is a lethal weapon under GA law.

The Fulton County DA, Paul Howard can't have it both ways.

"Earlier this month, Howard charged six Atlanta police officers with using excessive force in pulling two college students out of a car during a protest. In justifying charges of aggravated assault against some of the officers, Howard said a Taser is considered a deadly weapon under Georgia law.

If true, Rolfe could claim his life was in danger when Brooks aimed the Taser at him, and therefore discharging his handgun was justified."

Tasers have a range of about 15 feet only. Brooks was 18 feet away when he was shot. In the back. While running away. While drunk.
I'll bet you can't estimate the number of feet between you and a tree, and that's without having someone by that tree aiming a taser at your head. Yet you expect a copy chasing a criminal to know that he's more than 15 feet away from him. Get you head out of the sand, and come into the real world.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I bet even you can tell the difference between someone who wants to kill you and someone who is running away from you.
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:06 pm
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:22 pm

You really should do a little research before you spout the same bs comment after comment. A taser is a lethal weapon under GA law.

The Fulton County DA, Paul Howard can't have it both ways.

"Earlier this month, Howard charged six Atlanta police officers with using excessive force in pulling two college students out of a car during a protest. In justifying charges of aggravated assault against some of the officers, Howard said a Taser is considered a deadly weapon under Georgia law.

If true, Rolfe could claim his life was in danger when Brooks aimed the Taser at him, and therefore discharging his handgun was justified."

Tasers have a range of about 15 feet only. Brooks was 18 feet away when he was shot. In the back. While running away. While drunk.
I'll bet you can't estimate the number of feet between you and a tree, and that's without having someone by that tree aiming a taser at your head. Yet you expect a copy chasing a criminal to know that he's more than 15 feet away from him. Get you head out of the sand, and come into the real world.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:23 pm I bet even you can tell the difference between someone who wants to kill you and someone who is running away from you.

WWYD if you had a split second to make a choice and react? its in the cops training to use deadly force if perp takes their taser. what happens if perp tases cop then takes his gun?

Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:15 am
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:23 pm I bet even you can tell the difference between someone who wants to kill you and someone who is running away from you.

WWYD if you had a split second to make a choice and react? its in the cops training to use deadly force if perp takes their taser. what happens if perp tases cop then takes his gun?

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with that one. All you get is a headache. I don't know what part of 'Brooks turned and fired the taser at the cop' negates their excuse he was running away that they refuse to comprehend. But then again, maybe we just expect too much of some of them.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In this situation, I would have shot too.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Evidentially Rolfe had multiple complaints and incidents prior to this event. He shouldn't have been allowed to remain on the force.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 am Evidentially Rolfe had multiple complaints and incidents prior to this event. He shouldn't have been allowed to remain on the force.
A man who had been charged with numerous offenses including cruelty to children and animals, battery to family members and false imprisonment to name a few had no business on the street. He escalated the entire thing by fighting with police officers who had been cordial and patient through all his story changes and nonsense. He fought, took the officer's taser and ran because he was on probation and knew he would likely be sent to prison. This should have ended with him taking the consequences of his actions like an adult. Letting him run off with a weapon and hoping he didn't hurt anyone else would have been the wrong thing to do. I'm waiting to see how many police officers start quitting because if that happens, worse things will follow.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If you’re too much of a coward to talk to me you can quit jumping my leg any time
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:33 am

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with that one. All you get is a headache. I don't know what part of 'Brooks turned and fired the taser at the cop' negates their excuse he was running away that they refuse to comprehend. But then again, maybe we just expect too much of some of them.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 pm If you’re too much of a coward to talk to me you can quit jumping my leg any time

Moviestar.....LMAO. I'm not a coward to talk to you. I refuse to bang my head against that proverbial wall. When someone responds to you, you go ape shit crazy harassing them for days. That's just insanity that I'm not going to play into. Ride that merry-go-round all by yourself.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

replying to people when they quote you is not harassing them, you absolute dope
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:53 pm
moviestar wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 pm If you’re too much of a coward to talk to me you can quit jumping my leg any time

Moviestar.....LMAO. I'm not a coward to talk to you. I refuse to bang my head against that proverbial wall. When someone responds to you, you go ape shit crazy harassing them for days. That's just insanity that I'm not going to play into. Ride that merry-go-round all by yourself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic