Charges in Atlanta's Brooks case.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As an Atlantan I have been following this. Charges were announced a few minutes ago by the DA. The officer that was fired has 11 charges against him.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/da-pau ... y7CdQywIW4
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Howard said Brooks and Rolfe were 18 feet 3 inches apart at the time Rolfe’s first shot was fired.
Charges are appropriate. Tasers have a range of, at most, about 15 feet. And the man was running away. These cops were in no danger at all. They cant even pretend they were
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:25 pm
Howard said Brooks and Rolfe were 18 feet 3 inches apart at the time Rolfe’s first shot was fired.
Charges are appropriate. Tasers have a range of, at most, about 15 feet. And the man was running away. These cops were in no danger at all. They cant even pretend they were
Agreed.

Last night, I was sitting the parking lot of the karate dojo while my oldest was in class. I was reading on my Nook when I heard the unmistakable whoop of a police car. I looked over and across the street at the CVS, a police officer pulled in behind a vehicle with its flashers on. There were 2 black ladies and a black man standing there. I put my Nook down and watched the interaction as well as I could from a good distance away. I wanted to make sure everyone stayed safe during the interaction as this whole thing has sickened me. When Lilly came out a few minutes later, she asked what I was doing so I told her I was being nosey. she asked if I needed to go to CVS for anything..then said, ya know..so you can watch closer and make sure everything is safe. My 14 year old got it and I didn't have to say anything other than I was watching the interaction and being nosey.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

From the article you posted:

“During that 2 minutes and 12 seconds, Officer Rolfe actually kicked Mr. Brooks as he laid on the ground, while he was there fighting for his life,” Howard said. “Officer Brosnan actually stood on Mr. Brooks shoulder.”

Howard said his office concluded at time of Brooks’ death, he did not pose a threat to the officers. He said Brooks was running away from the officers when Rolfe shot him in the back two times.

“We have also concluded that Rolfe was aware that the Taser in Brooks’ possession, it was fired twice, and once it’s fired twice it presented no danger to him or to any other persons,” Howard said."

Charges are absolutely appropriate.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:36 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:25 pm
Agreed.

Last night, I was sitting the parking lot of the karate dojo while my oldest was in class. I was reading on my Nook when I heard the unmistakable whoop of a police car. I looked over and across the street at the CVS, a police officer pulled in behind a vehicle with its flashers on. There were 2 black ladies and a black man standing there. I put my Nook down and watched the interaction as well as I could from a good distance away. I wanted to make sure everyone stayed safe during the interaction as this whole thing has sickened me. When Lilly came out a few minutes later, she asked what I was doing so I told her I was being nosey. she asked if I needed to go to CVS for anything..then said, ya know..so you can watch closer and make sure everything is safe. My 14 year old got it and I didn't have to say anything other than I was watching the interaction and being nosey.
It's sad that we need civilian witnesses because we cant seem to trust the police. Good for you and your daughter for looking out.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Grand jury won't indict.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Good. I hope the DA does a competent job at the trial and gets a conviction.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:52 pm From the article you posted:

“During that 2 minutes and 12 seconds, Officer Rolfe actually kicked Mr. Brooks as he laid on the ground, while he was there fighting for his life,” Howard said. “Officer Brosnan actually stood on Mr. Brooks shoulder.”

Howard said his office concluded at time of Brooks’ death, he did not pose a threat to the officers. He said Brooks was running away from the officers when Rolfe shot him in the back two times.

“We have also concluded that Rolfe was aware that the Taser in Brooks’ possession, it was fired twice, and once it’s fired twice it presented no danger to him or to any other persons,” Howard said."

Charges are absolutely appropriate.
Good because people were saying that the cops fired because Brooks had the taser and that was dangerous. I pointed out that the other cop also had a gun so not really. Did not get a reply after that. I hope we can get a conviction. This was an execution plain and simple.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It’s gonna be interesting to see how this one plays out.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

If I were a cop rn I'd quit.
Locked Previous topicNext topic