READ: President Trump's executive order on police reform

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

President Donald Trump signed an order Tuesday to enact modest reforms in a move to confront the outcry over police brutality.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/_politic ... index.html
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lots of "where applicable" and "under existing law" and "as appropriate" and "recommendations" sprinkled throughout.

In other words, almost all reforms are voluntary or can be waived.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

(ii) the State or local law enforcement agency's use-of-force policies prohibit the use of chokeholds -- a physical maneuver that restricts an individual's ability to breathe for the purposes of incapacitation -- except in those situations where the use of deadly force is allowed by law.
That means literally nothing.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

you will never be satisfied. as soon as social workers end up murdered on calls in liberal shit holes, you'll cry about that too.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:01 pm you will never be satisfied. as soon as social workers end up murdered on calls in liberal shit holes, you'll cry about that too.
Agree 100%
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:01 pm you will never be satisfied. as soon as social workers end up murdered on calls in liberal shit holes, you'll cry about that too.
“You” as in me? Or general?

Edit: What do you like/dislike about the actual EO?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:21 pm
(ii) the State or local law enforcement agency's use-of-force policies prohibit the use of chokeholds -- a physical maneuver that restricts an individual's ability to breathe for the purposes of incapacitation -- except in those situations where the use of deadly force is allowed by law.
That means literally nothing.
Yeah, IDK why that part was even included. Lol! I think that is the most controversial section from what I am reading.

I do like the database base and community outreach programs if they actually go through with it.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm
You general, mobs literally burned down cities, stole hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shit, caused millions of dollars in damages, permanetly drove out business, killed other people all in the name of "justice" because they were too god damn inpatient to wait for an investigation into floyd's death and now they complain when their terrorism yields results, they get all of the cops charged, police defunded in their liberal cities and national police reform. Trump went too far in catering to the radical left IMO, a democrat would never try to console conservative protesters for any grievances they have. they are never satisfied or maybe this isn't about george floyd at all and they don't want change, they want total power and domination along with free shit.

tell me why no BLM activists are holding democrats accountable for anything? biden, pelosi, schumer feinstein, sanders have been in government for 20-50 years, their mayors and governors have had monopolies in their states for decades, black and white and brown people were killed by cops under obama/biden but some how this is all republicans' and Trump's fault and trump's burden lol.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm
You general, mobs literally burned down cities, stole hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shit, caused millions of dollars in damages, permanetly drove out business, killed other people all in the name of "justice" because they were too god damn inpatient to wait for an investigation into floyd's death and now they complain when their terrorism yields results, they get all of the cops charged, police defunded in their liberal cities and national police reform. Trump went too far in catering to the radical left IMO, a democrat would never try to console conservative protesters for any grievances they have. they are never satisfied or maybe this isn't about george floyd at all and they don't want change, they want total power and domination along with free shit.

tell me why no BLM activists are holding democrats accountable for anything? biden, pelosi, schumer feinstein, sanders have been in government for 20-50 years, their mayors and governors have had monopolies in their states for decades, black and white and brown people were killed by cops under obama/biden but some how this is all republicans' and Trump's fault and trump's burden lol.
Thanks for clarifying.

Listen, there are multiple threads full of bitching and finger pointing about the protests with very little discussion about solutions. I looked for an article that was as non-bias as I could find and only listed the content of the EO Trump signed to discourage that.

What do you think about the actual items outlined in the EO?
Locked Previous topicNext topic