Pelosi gives Floyds brother folded American flag

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:01 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:21 pm

It depends. If Thelma (see above) is right then to me it's no big deal what Peloski did. It sounds like a flag that can be easily obtained. I do understand your POV. But in Floyd's case there was no color guard nor flag draped coffin? Now if the flag is specifically for war veterans then that's different. Idk. I googled but couldn't find an answer.
I can agree with that. I admit I have only seen them folded and presented to deceased people’s family because of military service. That is also how most flags from funerals are saved.
Even from what Thelma said i don’t think when you buy a flag it’s folded and given to you in the case that the brother received. Those wooden cases are what veterans flags are stored in.
When the flag is removed, it's folded like that. I know it's very common to see the flag case as a veterans thing, but it's used for other flags too. Although I agree this is probably a photo op.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:27 pm

I can agree with that. I admit I have only seen them folded and presented to deceased people’s family because of military service. That is also how most flags from funerals are saved.
Even from what Thelma said i don’t think when you buy a flag it’s folded and given to you in the case that the brother received. Those wooden cases are what veterans flags are stored in.
When the flag is removed, it's folded like that. I know it's very common to see the flag case as a veterans thing, but it's used for other flags too. Although I agree this is probably a photo op.
Yes. The boy scouts are taught how to correctly fold a flag. I'd like to think Peloski was sincere but you're probably right. It's an election year.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:21 pm

It depends. If Thelma (see above) is right then to me it's no big deal what Peloski did. It sounds like a flag that can be easily obtained. I do understand your POV. But in Floyd's case there was no color guard nor flag draped coffin? Now if the flag is specifically for war veterans then that's different. Idk. I googled but couldn't find an answer.
That was what my first comment was based on. That’s the only reason I have seen them in those boxes. My dad bought one for me before he died for his flag.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:41 pm

That was what my first comment was based on. That’s the only reason I have seen them in those boxes. My dad bought one for me before he died for his flag.
My dads a veteran, so was his dad. And my grandfather in-law. I’m now the only child but when my sister was alive I was the oldest and if since my dads not married if my dad passes before my grandmother I’ll end up with the flag. I’ll have to get one of the cases for it. But he’s only 59 right now. I’ll have to figure out where to get one.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:47 pm
My dads a veteran, so was his dad. And my grandfather in-law. I’m now the only child but when my sister was alive I was the oldest and if since my dads not married if my dad passes before my grandmother I’ll end up with the flag. I’ll have to get one of the cases for it. But he’s only 59 right now. I’ll have to figure out where to get one.
Shop around! The prices vary widely.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 203

Unread post

If it's Pelosi, it could easily be pandering for votes. That's pretty much what all of the politicians are doing and WILL do in an election year.

However, I don't see the big deal of his family receiving that flag. He was an American citizen, as I recall and as such, as a right (his family) to that flag.

And I come at this opinion as the daughter of an AF veteran. My late dad was an AF MP during the latter part of the Korean War. We had military style funeral for him in 94 and my Mom received the folded flag that had been draped on his coffin.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

If it's Pelosi, it could easily be pandering for votes. That's pretty much what all of the politicians are doing and WILL do in an election year.

However, I don't see the big deal of his family receiving that flag. He was an American citizen, as I recall and as such, as a right (his family) to that flag.

And I come at this opinion as the daughter of an AF veteran. My late dad was an AF MP during the latter part of the Korean War. We had military style funeral for him in 94 and my Mom received the folded flag that had been draped on his coffin.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It was a photo op full of pandering for the black vote. Pelosi doesn't care about Floyd any more than she cares about the man in the moon. Twisted, nasty old woman.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:47 pm
They sell them on Amazon. Michaels also has them.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic