Trump's niece's new book out in August

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:53 pm
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:42 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:19 pm

I recall reading one on Princess Diana decades ago...touted as a "biography of her life" that was apparently disputed by many.

I'm pretty sure that was the last time I've read one of these types of books.

I doubt much of what is in THIS current book is truth from Trump's niece as I assume much of what is in Bolton's new book contains much truth.

They'll be more to come, though.
Actually, I just remembered one sort of tell all, though it's considered a memoir and was pretty much truthful. It was called 'Mommy Dearest'. It was written by the adopted daughter of a very popular actress from the 50's/60's, Joan Crawford. She was an alcoholic who viciously abused her adopted daughter. A Hollywood secret that really wasn't so secret. It kind of tore open that closeted secret that parents can and do abuse their own children. Her mother would show her off to the public where everyone thought she was a lucky little princess. A little princess who was beaten regularly with wooden hangers, among other things. It was so sad, yet a compelling reading.
I remember seeing the movie version with Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford and that alone was scary enough at times.

It really was a tragic story for her kid's.
I saw the movie too. I can't imagine being a child who is abused by the one person or persons who is supposed to love them above everything else.

Have you ever read 'A Child called It'? It's a biography that chronicles one of the most severe child abuse cases in CA history. It was so hard to read, yet I had to finish it to see if he survived.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:28 am
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:42 pm

Actually, I just remembered one sort of tell all, though it's considered a memoir and was pretty much truthful. It was called 'Mommy Dearest'. It was written by the adopted daughter of a very popular actress from the 50's/60's, Joan Crawford. She was an alcoholic who viciously abused her adopted daughter. A Hollywood secret that really wasn't so secret. It kind of tore open that closeted secret that parents can and do abuse their own children. Her mother would show her off to the public where everyone thought she was a lucky little princess. A little princess who was beaten regularly with wooden hangers, among other things. It was so sad, yet a compelling reading.
I remember seeing the movie version with Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford and that alone was scary enough at times.

I saw the movie too. I can't imagine being a child who is abused by the one person or persons who is supposed to love them above everything else.

Have you ever read 'A Child called It'? It's a biography that chronicles one of the most severe child abuse cases in CA history. It was so hard to read, yet I had to finish it to see if he survived.
And especially a child who is adopted, already feeling rejected in life to turn around to be abused by the person who adopts them, promising that they'll never feel that way again. Crawford, IMO, adopted strictly for show and nothing more.

I've only heard of that biography through my youngest daughter. Who wrote it?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm

And especially a child who is adopted, already feeling rejected in life to turn around to be abused by the person who adopts them, promising that they'll never feel that way again. Crawford, IMO, adopted strictly for show and nothing more.

My daughter read it and passed it on to me when she was in college in 1995. It's actually an autobiography, and his name is Dave Pelzer. He later wrote two more books about his life.....The Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave. I didn't realize he had written two more books. I'll have to get those on my Kindle.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 pm

My daughter read it and passed it on to me when she was in college in 1995. It's actually an autobiography, and his name is Dave Pelzer. He later wrote two more books about his life.....The Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave. I didn't realize he had written two more books. I'll have to get those on my Kindle.
I'll have to look for that book (books) and that author. Thanks for the recommendations!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:35 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 pm
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:23 pm

You keep failing, lemming. I don't read Info Wars, nor does anyone I know. I only read The Hill if I am looking for a certain topic and the Hill pops up.

Regardless of your claims of being so smart, you're really quite ignorant. A college degree at any level doesn't mean squat these days. Actually, most college degrees are no longer worth the paper they are printed on.

Then we have the Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerbergs of the world......they don't have college degrees. LOL
I never claimed to be smart, no need to lie. And college degrees, advanced degrees still mean quite a lot.

Where do you get your news? You’ve made it clear where you don’t get your news. So, where do you read your news that makes you so much less ignorant than me?
Depending on the subject, I check Fox first, then look for the topic on NPR, ABC or CBS and various local news sites around the country. I compare their stories and draw my own conclusions. I don't/won't read NYT or WAPO because it's common knowledge that they lie their asses off. So do CNN and NBC/CNBC, You can't get a legitimate story out of any of them when it comes to Trump, any Republican or anyone on the right.

So your sacred cows, NYT and WAPO are nothing but a pile of manure.
We all have preferences but it’s interesting you point out the news sites that Trump has told his base not to read as ones you don’t like. I have a feeling you never read them anyway. A life long reader of the NYT, Trump is claims they are “fake” because they don’t let him get away with anything.

It was through their reporting that he was caught stealing from charity. It’s Washington Post who is keeping a tally of his compulsive lying. No one would be happy with that type of scrutiny but the only one who lies is Trump.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:11 am
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 pm

I'll have to look for that book (books) and that author. Thanks for the recommendations!
I'll warn you, make sure you have a box of kleenex next to you. It's such a gut wrenching story. I just looked to see if it was ever made into a movie. It looks like they were in the process of making it in 2017/2018, but then nothing. I don't know if they couldn't get the financial backing or what. I can't find any trace of the movie being released.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:50 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 pm

I never claimed to be smart, no need to lie. And college degrees, advanced degrees still mean quite a lot.

Where do you get your news? You’ve made it clear where you don’t get your news. So, where do you read your news that makes you so much less ignorant than me?
Depending on the subject, I check Fox first, then look for the topic on NPR, ABC or CBS and various local news sites around the country. I compare their stories and draw my own conclusions. I don't/won't read NYT or WAPO because it's common knowledge that they lie their asses off. So do CNN and NBC/CNBC, You can't get a legitimate story out of any of them when it comes to Trump, any Republican or anyone on the right.

We all have preferences but it’s interesting you point out the news sites that Trump has told his base not to read as ones you don’t like. I have a feeling you never read them anyway. A life long reader of the NYT, Trump is claims they are “fake” because they don’t let him get away with anything.

It was through their reporting that he was caught stealing from charity. It’s Washington Post who is keeping a tally of his compulsive lying. No one would be happy with that type of scrutiny but the only one who lies is Trump.
More bullshit. And you wonder why I get pissed off at you.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/socia ... charities/

Quick Take
"Posts on social media falsely claim that the Trump family is “disallowed from operating ANY charity” in New York because they “stole from a kids cancer charity.” That inaccurately describes the outcome of a court case involving the Donald J. Trump Foundation, and conflates it with allegations about the Eric Trump Foundation."....

There also was no part of the state’s lawsuit that dealt with allegations that the Trump Foundation “stole from a kids cancer charity,” as the posts claim.

The magazine wrote that the foundation publicly proclaimed that all proceeds from its annual golf tournament at a Trump golf club would go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. However, while the foundation did donate millions to that organization, it also made large payments to the Trump Organization to host the event and some funds were directed to different charities, Forbes found."
----------------

The NYT isn't a newspaper printing the news. It's nothing but a far left wing piece of trash that writes nothing but opinions.
-----------------------
https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=13104

"In a critical health crisis like the one we are experiencing, no single activity is more important than the role of the news media.

People need the best information on the nature of the threat, how they can protect themselves, what to do if they suspect they are infected, etc.

On March 25, President Trump conducted a daily briefing on the coronavirus. Attorney General Barr was there to warn people about price gouging. Health experts were there to update everyone on the latest information about testing—including the promise of a soon-to-be-approved test that can detect the virus with a finger prick and produce results in a matter of minutes.

But you wouldn’t learn any of this if you read the New York Times the next morning. An article by Michael Grynbaum managed to stretch 23 paragraphs long without giving readers a single fact that was conveyed at the briefing."
================

Here's a whole bunch of lies so called news outlets (the MSM) have printed about Trump.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/bey ... sia-story/
------------------------------

Conservatives are not lemmings like you and the other left wing sycophants who not only swallow the bs the MSM prints, but then regurgitate it again and again. If you think conservatives, Trump supporters, independents, etc. take directions from anyone on where they get their news from, then you're a bigger fool than we already know you are.

Your constant put downs on Trump and anyone who would vote for him is just disgusting and pathetic and shows you for what you really are. You're like a mad dog with a bone in his mouth. Be careful you don't choke on it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 pm
Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:50 am

More bullshit. And you wonder why I get pissed off at you.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/socia ... charities/

Quick Take
"Posts on social media falsely claim that the Trump family is “disallowed from operating ANY charity” in New York because they “stole from a kids cancer charity.” That inaccurately describes the outcome of a court case involving the Donald J. Trump Foundation, and conflates it with allegations about the Eric Trump Foundation."....

There also was no part of the state’s lawsuit that dealt with allegations that the Trump Foundation “stole from a kids cancer charity,” as the posts claim.

The magazine wrote that the foundation publicly proclaimed that all proceeds from its annual golf tournament at a Trump golf club would go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. However, while the foundation did donate millions to that organization, it also made large payments to the Trump Organization to host the event and some funds were directed to different charities, Forbes found."
----------------

The NYT isn't a newspaper printing the news. It's nothing but a far left wing piece of trash that writes nothing but opinions.
-----------------------
https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=13104

"In a critical health crisis like the one we are experiencing, no single activity is more important than the role of the news media.

People need the best information on the nature of the threat, how they can protect themselves, what to do if they suspect they are infected, etc.

On March 25, President Trump conducted a daily briefing on the coronavirus. Attorney General Barr was there to warn people about price gouging. Health experts were there to update everyone on the latest information about testing—including the promise of a soon-to-be-approved test that can detect the virus with a finger prick and produce results in a matter of minutes.

But you wouldn’t learn any of this if you read the New York Times the next morning. An article by Michael Grynbaum managed to stretch 23 paragraphs long without giving readers a single fact that was conveyed at the briefing."
================

Here's a whole bunch of lies so called news outlets (the MSM) have printed about Trump.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/bey ... sia-story/
------------------------------

Conservatives are not lemmings like you and the other left wing sycophants who not only swallow the bs the MSM prints, but then regurgitate it again and again. If you think conservatives, Trump supporters, independents, etc. take directions from anyone on where they get their news from, then you're a bigger fool than we already know you are.

Your constant put downs on Trump and anyone who would vote for him is just disgusting and pathetic and shows you for what you really are. You're like a mad dog with a bone in his mouth. Be careful you don't choke on it.

1. "Posts on social media falsely claim that the Trump family is “disallowed from operating ANY charity” in New York because they “stole from a kids cancer charity.”

Your citation is referring to FACEBOOK, not New York Times or Washington Post.

2. https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=13104

The first link that this url cited from NY Times was an article about the misinformation in Trump's daily coronavirus briefings which is also valid and truthful reporting. In fact the title: Trump’s Briefings Are a Ratings Hit. Should Networks Cover Them Live?
The president’s viewership has rivaled the audiences for hit reality shows and prime-time football. But some worry about misinformation.

Refers to Trump calling the briefings a 'rating hit' which in and above itself is F***ing disgusting. And the reference to the drugs that Trump touted that this site took great offense that the NY Times author said have as yet been proven to be effective was absolutely 100% true. In fact the FDA has gone on record that the drug is dangerous and ineffective against the corona virus. And now the federal government is stuck with a stockpile of these drugs that are useless against the virus. Again Mr. Grynabaum was right then and he is right now. NOT FAKE NEWS.

And finally the 'truthful' article that you linked from Independent Institute is a commentary, one man's opinion and he happened to be wrong. The article that Mr. Goodman disliked so much and tore apart was not about particular coronavirus updates but rather all the lies and misinformation that Trump pushed. NY Times is a news organization that reports the news and it also has opinion pieces. All news organisations have opinion articles. They also have a crossword and comics section too. Wanna get your panties twisted about that?

And if you're going to post articles like this to "prove" that NY Times and WaPo are not valid news sites then you are just proving to the world that conservatives are idiots and cannot tell that they're being spoon fed bullshit to support their ridiculous party line.

And get used to the fact that the entire nation except for a tiny rabid bat shit crazy population is disgusted with Trump and cannot wait to get rid of him. And most of us here feel that way. If you don't like it, find another forum that has their lips hot glued to Trumps ass. You'll be happier there.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 pm
SilentNeko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:41 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:32 am

The NYT was given the Trump family tax returns, probate accounts and other financial documents a couple of years back. They kept their source secret and Now Mary Trump verified it was her. A lot of the book will be information already verified.

Information on the 1973 federal lawsuit on the Trumps for racial discrimination is public information. Also public are hundreds of lawsuits verifying that trump routinely did not pay for work done are public record. Also public is Trump losing a suit and having to pay back $25 million dollars for scamming people at Trump “University”. Also public is Trump ordered by the court to pay back $2 million dollars for using a charity for personal items. And much more if you were interested.

All of this public information and you’re still thinking that all these people are lying ??? Everyone is lying except the one man that has been caught scamming and lying for decades? That doesn’t make sense does it.
Do you really think anything these days make sense? Do you really think Trump is the only president who has done questionable things in their pre-President past? To bad we don’t have a true leader running for President, because we sure as hell need one right now.
I don’t get that argument, that other people have done it. Imagine being on a jury and all the defense had was “everyone does it”.

Everyone running for President will cone under intense scrutiny. All of Trump’s lying , cheating and scamming over 4 decades have come out. It can’t be defended so his base chooses to call everyone a liar.

We do need a leader right now and we don’t have one. God help this country if he’s elected again.
Biden isn’t a leader either.......

So, God help us all....
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 pm
SilentNeko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Do you really think anything these days make sense? Do you really think Trump is the only president who has done questionable things in their pre-President past? To bad we don’t have a true leader running for President, because we sure as hell need one right now.
I don’t get that argument, that other people have done it. Imagine being on a jury and all the defense had was “everyone does it”.

Everyone running for President will cone under intense scrutiny. All of Trump’s lying , cheating and scamming over 4 decades have come out. It can’t be defended so his base chooses to call everyone a liar.

We do need a leader right now and we don’t have one. God help this country if he’s elected again.
Biden isn’t a leader either.......

So, God help us all....
Biden has been in public service for decades. People voted for him, they knew what they were getting. Trump was brand new. Three and 1/2 years later, people have to decide if the country is better off or not.

If you’re looking for someone perfect you will never vote again. You choose the best candidate out of the two chosen by the most Americans.

You look at what issues are important to you and you vote for the one you agree with the most. Not that difficult. No one wants to hear non-voters complain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic