The Paw Patrol Joke

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:03 pm Is it also a joke that they are taking the gun away from Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam? If that is not a joke, then it isn't much of a stretch to believe there is a call to cancel Paw Patrol.
I can’t find anything saying that people demanded guns be taken off of the show. I’m only able to find that Nickelodeon decided they didn’t want to portray guns on the show any longer so they replaced it with a scythe. The scythe looks more intimidating and violent to me so I don’t quite understand that choice. Do you have any links I can check out that says it was done after demands?
I only looked around quick and read more about it since I missed it when it first came out.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:36 am I find absolutely nothing about any of this funny, sarcastic or otherwise. Not a got damned thing.
That’s fine, the point is that nobody seriously wanted Paw Patrol cancelled or Chase taken off of the show it was a joke by some trolls that some people who don’t understand sarcasm took seriously and it’s now being used as an example of this whole BLM thing ‘going too far.’ The spread of misinformation is causing trouble for everyone involved.
It is incredibly hard to tell what's a joke anymore and what isn't because of these over the top reactions that continue to happen. We live in the days of cancel culture. We live in times of an athlete being fired from his team because of something his wife posted on social media.

I'd think it was a joke that a Mayor is defending nearly a mile of a downtown area being over taken by a bunch of basement dwellers, but alas, she's dead serious. Reality has been flipped on its head in recent times, so nothing is hard to believe anymore.

I'm as irreverent as the next guy, but that comment referring to Trayvon Martin is past poor taste. Joking about this whole situation at all is low brow, but that's beyond the pale.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:03 pm Is it also a joke that they are taking the gun away from Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam? If that is not a joke, then it isn't much of a stretch to believe there is a call to cancel Paw Patrol.
Do kids these days even know who they are, lol? None of my kids wanted to watch them and my oldest is almost 33.

Side note: I wonder if Toy Story is next?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:19 am
I can’t find anything saying that people demanded guns be taken off of the show. I’m only able to find that Nickelodeon decided they didn’t want to portray guns on the show any longer so they replaced it with a scythe. The scythe looks more intimidating and violent to me so I don’t quite understand that choice. Do you have any links I can check out that says it was done after demands?
I only looked around quick and read more about it since I missed it when it first came out.
It seems that Warner Bros is re-releasing or re-making their Looney Tunes cartoons for streaming on HBO Max. There is a series of 80 cartoons, and they started showing/streaming on May 27. I couldn't find anything to suggest it was due to public pressure, but it seems really silly (to me) to go this far with an anti-gun agenda. Especially when all the other violent ways to kill someone are left in.

It's like there is nothing sacred anymore!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:09 am
Do kids these days even know who they are, lol? None of my kids wanted to watch them and my oldest is almost 33.

Side note: I wonder if Toy Story is next?
Good question... mine are about the same age, and they were more into Nickelodeon (Rugrats, especially!) than old cartoons that mom and dad used to watch. I think they only watched Looney Tunes when we wouldn't let them turn the channel, lol. Now, if they go after Woody and Buzz, they might get more pushback. Then again, maybe not.. that's a different company altogether.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic