The Paw Patrol Joke

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 am

WTF. You find jokes like this okay?

You keep bringing up that this is a joke when it’s not cute to joke about this either.
I hope you aren’t being serious right now 🤦‍♀️
The problem with fake outrage at a bunch of trolls doing a meme off is that it makes BLM look more ridiculous than anything. It started as trolls trolling like they do and making a joke out of this whole Paw Patrol thing and turned into the outraged right claiming that the liberal left is out of control. People need to realize that not everything is serious and this was a completely ridiculous thing to take seriously.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:49 am
jas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:37 amNot funny
Taking a meme off and turning it into a serious call to arms to take down a children’s show just so ‘you’ outraged by is ridiculous. Trolls are going to troll but Paw Patrol is not seriously being demanded to go off air. That’s just more made up propaganda to make it seem like BLM is outrageous.
What’s the damn difference? You’re sitting up here posting people making a joke out of Martin’s death.

There is no point in screaming BLM now when you see nothing wrong with joking about this and reposting disgusting jokes like that.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:53 am
jas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:37 amNot funny
Taking a meme off and turning it into a serious call to arms to take down a children’s show just so ‘you’ outraged by is ridiculous. Trolls are going to troll but Paw Patrol is not seriously being demanded to go off air. That’s just more made up propaganda to make it seem like BLM is outrageous.
What’s the damn difference? You’re sitting up here posting people making a joke out of Martin’s death.

There is no point in screaming BLM now when you see nothing wrong with joking about this and reposting disgusting jokes like that.
Ffs if you have an issue with the joke then talk to the creator. The joke is taking something as ridiculous as Paw Patrol and comparing it to what’s actually happening in the real world.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 am
mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 am I didn’t realize it all started with a joke. I don’t have a Twitter account, but did notice people start posting on FB about people wanting paw patrol canceled and stuff like that. That’s when I read the NYT article. The article gives you a lot to think about. I know when a cop kills a man you never here the end of well not all cops. It’s not hard for people to humanize cops; however the black man who was killed is dehumanized. People find anything they can to devalue his life. You don’t have to look far to find evidence of that. That’s a real problem that we need to address. Maybe our law and order prime time shows contribute to this. I love my cops show,
I personally don’t think it contributes to it to the point of needing to take it off air. I watch cop shows to as well as most people that I know, especially First 48. Lol!

I think pushing the politicians to propose plans to fix this is where the focus should be IMHO.
I don’t disagree with pushing politicians to change policies being the priority, but we can’t discount the effect Hollywood/entertainment industry has on our society’s view of police, justice, and crime.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:53 am

You keep bringing up that this is a joke when it’s not cute to joke about this either.
The problem with fake outrage at a bunch of trolls doing a meme off is that it makes BLM look more ridiculous than anything. It started as trolls trolling like they do and making a joke out of this whole Paw Patrol thing and turned into the outraged right claiming that the liberal left is out of control. People need to realize that not everything is serious and this was a completely ridiculous thing to take seriously.
Honey, it’s too late to spin this and using BLM makes it worse. This isn’t even a smoking gun to make this big of a deal about.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:03 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 am
mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 am I didn’t realize it all started with a joke. I don’t have a Twitter account, but did notice people start posting on FB about people wanting paw patrol canceled and stuff like that. That’s when I read the NYT article. The article gives you a lot to think about. I know when a cop kills a man you never here the end of well not all cops. It’s not hard for people to humanize cops; however the black man who was killed is dehumanized. People find anything they can to devalue his life. You don’t have to look far to find evidence of that. That’s a real problem that we need to address. Maybe our law and order prime time shows contribute to this. I love my cops show,
I personally don’t think it contributes to it to the point of needing to take it off air. I watch cop shows to as well as most people that I know, especially First 48. Lol!

I think pushing the politicians to propose plans to fix this is where the focus should be IMHO.
I don’t disagree with pushing politicians to change policies being the priority, but we can’t discount the effect Hollywood/entertainment industry has on our society’s view of police, justice, and crime.
Honestly, I think looking to Hollywood and entertainments is a part of the problem and we tend to give them too much power.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:04 am

Honey, it’s too late to spin this and using BLM makes it worse. This isn’t even a smoking gun to make this big of a deal about.
I’m sorry that you missed the point
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:59 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:53 am

Ffs if you have an issue with the joke then talk to the creator. The joke is taking something as ridiculous as Paw Patrol and comparing it to what’s actually happening in the real world.
No, I’m talking to the person who reposted it as if that is some way to validate a stupid argument and in defense of BLM movement. Joking about Trayvon Martin’s death certainly isn’t the way to do it.

That’s not funny or anything to joke about.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 am

Oh no, I got your point loud and clear.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:12 am
hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 am

Oh no, I got your point loud and clear.
I’m glad then that you will correct the ridiculous claims that people are making stating that the liberal left and BLM are attempting to take down children’s shows. You can inform them that it’s not about how the point of the divide and acab movement is being lost on petty complaints such as a cartoon dog police officer that needs to be taken off the air. You can help spread the truth and stop the pathetic attempt to discount the BLM movement because people can’t tell the difference between sarcasm and true outrage. I’m glad that you are able to hear that loud and clear.
Locked Previous topicNext topic