Too many statutes of losers

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

His base are confederate flag waving racist morons. They don't want the statues to go because they like the reminder, I guess that their ancestors once owned slaves. Makes them feel more special, I guess, even if they live in a trailer park.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:10 pm Statues* sorry that was driving me crazy
Thank you, I'm a terrible speller.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:01 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:17 pm There are not many humans that have ever lived that have not done great things and horrific things.

There isn’t anyone you can make a statue of if you are requiring that person to be unquestioned.

Germans not having statues of Hitler does not mean we don’t have statues dedicated to war. We do. It also doesn’t mean we don’t have statues of people that did horrible things, we do.
Most countries do end up deciding to destroy these statutes eventually. Lenin, for example, had thousands of statutes erected. It took a few decades but they are being removed from Russia and have been removed from Ukraine. Iranians cheered when the Hussein statue was torn down.

Which statutes are in Germany of people that did horrific things?
Everyone who has ever done something that builds a nation.

The philosophy of power that rules political leaders is not steered by the same sense of individual empathy that someone else might feel.
There are differences on how nations are built and we have to draw a line somewhere.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Most countries do end up deciding to destroy these statutes eventually. Lenin, for example, had thousands of statutes erected. It took a few decades but they are being removed from Russia and have been removed from Ukraine. Iranians cheered when the Hussein statue was torn down.

The philosophy of power that rules political leaders is not steered by the same sense of individual empathy that someone else might feel.
There are differences on how nations are built and we have to draw a line somewhere.
The difference is who tells the story.

There simply isn’t a nation today that was not built off of the murder of someone else.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:31 pm

There simply isn’t a nation today that was not built off of the murder of someone else.
None of these leaders were building nations. None will dispute the evils of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot among others and why there shouldn’t be statues of them. I hope none would dispute the evils of slavery either, so we shouldn’t want statues of Jefferson Davis either. Other leaders won’t be so clear cut. .
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:58 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:31 pm

None of these leaders were building nations. None will dispute the evils of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot among others and why there shouldn’t be statues of them. I hope none would dispute the evils of slavery either, so we shouldn’t want statues of Jefferson Davis either. Other leaders won’t be so clear cut. .
I don’t just mean the ones who are thought of as most evil, I mean every single one. Without exception.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have underwear that's lasted longer than the Confederacy. Stop acting like it was some monumental historical era.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:17 pm There are not many humans that have ever lived that have not done great things and horrific things.

There isn’t anyone you can make a statue of if you are requiring that person to be unquestioned.

Germans not having statues of Hitler does not mean we don’t have statues dedicated to war. We do. It also doesn’t mean we don’t have statues of people that did horrible things, we do.

Still flapping those gums showing your ignorance. Saddam Hussein's statue that was toppled by US forces was in Iraq, not Iran. Considering the horrors Hussein put his own people through, of course they would cheer to see it torn down.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:28 pm His base are confederate flag waving racist morons. They don't want the statues to go because they like the reminder, I guess that their ancestors once owned slaves. Makes them feel more special, I guess, even if they live in a trailer park.
You're just one of the many broken records in this group. You spew the same bullshit every day. It's all really boring.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

History should never be destroyed, period. Things such as statues that are seen as offensive to a large segment of society could be put into a museum type building where those who want to see them can. Also how do you teach children the history of our country if you destroy that which is a part of our history.
Locked Previous topicNext topic