Drunk Man Shot by Police as He was Running Away

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

So apparently cops don't have to run after their suspects, they can just shoot them instead.
Atlanta Police Fatally Shoot Black Man After Report He Was Asleep In His Car

Police shot and killed Rayshard Brooks, 27, after they say he resisted arrest.

By Sebastian Murdock

Atlanta police, responding to a call about someone sleeping in a car, shot and killed a Black man at a Wendy’s restaurant Friday.

Police said that Rayshard Brooks, 27, resisted arrest following a failed sobriety test. But video posted to social media shows Brooks running away from police before he is shot off-screen.

Witnesses said Brooks grabbed the Taser from the officer, according to the GBI.

Brooks was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. The GBI said it’s now investigating the incident.

Video posted to social media shows people gathered in the Wendy’s parking lot condemning the shooting. Witnesses said Brooks was unarmed.

The officer involved in the shooting has not been identified.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/atlanta- ... c1283183e7
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'll wait for the full story to come out before I rush to judgement.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is tough. If he was sober, would this have been a problem? Plus, Timothy McVeigh and Dylan Roof we’re sober, killed people yet they were arrested alive. Why is that?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:39 pm So apparently cops don't have to run after their suspects, they can just shoot them instead.

By Sebastian Murdock

Atlanta police, responding to a call about someone sleeping in a car, shot and killed a Black man at a Wendy’s restaurant Friday.

Police said that Rayshard Brooks, 27, resisted arrest following a failed sobriety test. But video posted to social media shows Brooks running away from police before he is shot off-screen.

Brooks was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. The GBI said it’s now investigating the incident.

Video posted to social media shows people gathered in the Wendy’s parking lot condemning the shooting. Witnesses said Brooks was unarmed.

Deleted User 670

Unread post

I tell you, I'm getting really forking tired hearing about another person being killed by a cop for running and the actual offense is a misdemeanor. This is not the first time either.
hotspice58 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:26 pm This is tough. If he was sober, would this have been a problem? Plus, Timothy McVeigh and Dylan Roof we’re sober, killed people yet they were arrested alive. Why is that?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:39 pm So apparently cops don't have to run after their suspects, they can just shoot them instead.

By Sebastian Murdock

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

UPDATE: Here's a clearer video of Brooks running, the cops running after him and shooting him. Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields has resigned. Cop gives the reason for shooting Brooks: Brooks pointed the taser at the cop as he ran. Last time I checked, a taser is not lethal (usually). These cops are too forking trigger happy.

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:34 pm UPDATE: Here's a clearer video of Brooks running, the cops running after him and shooting him. Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields has resigned. Cop gives the reason for shooting Brooks: Brooks pointed the taser at the cop as he ran. Last time I checked, a taser is not lethal (usually). These cops are too forking trigger happy.

To be fair though, if the suspect had been able to taser the cop and incapacitate him he could then get a hold of his real gun.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:30 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:34 pm UPDATE: Here's a clearer video of Brooks running, the cops running after him and shooting him. Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields has resigned. Cop gives the reason for shooting Brooks: Brooks pointed the taser at the cop as he ran. Last time I checked, a taser is not lethal (usually). These cops are too forking trigger happy.

To be fair though, if the suspect had been able to taser the cop and incapacitate him he could then get a hold of his real gun.
There were TWO cops, so unless the other cop was not paying attention, I don't think there is much of a chance. And the guy was running away.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Atlanta Police Chief Erica Shields has resigned.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic