Rolling Stone writer says Olivia Benson of 'Law & Order' should be 'canceled too'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rolling-s ... r-canceled
"Cops" and "Live PD" weren't the only targets. The popular Nickelodeon children's cartoon "Paw Patrol" was not spared since its lead pup, Chase, is a police dog.

A Washington Post piece recently pleaded to Hollywood that it stops all production of police-inspired TV shows and films.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For the love of everything holy WHY?

We (general all inclusive we) are told not to judge groups of people - Muslims, blacks, LGBT, Hispanics, Latinos, whatever I have left out - by the actions of a few, yet all of the sudden ALL things police related must go. ALL things that might offend someone must go.

I missed it, when did the right not to be offended become a law?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

So a strong woman who follows the law and stands for other women is going to be cancelled.

Gotcha.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Does that mean my favorite channel ID Discovery is on its way out.? Should I say thanks morons now?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 am Does that mean my favorite channel ID Discovery is on its way out.? Should I say thanks morons now?
They take away my Discovery ID channel and I will be a very unhappy woman.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Law & Order: SVU fully intends to address everything that has occurred since the murder of George Floyd (and others) to even the riots and the looting.

This RS writer needs to sit back, shut-up, and give the 21-year old show a chance to demonstrate what it's always done best....taking an actual story from the headlines and showing different perspectives.

Too, Olivia Benson is out, the show is gone and despite the rumor that the character of Elliot Stabler will be returning for a while.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, FFS... you just pasted the last bit of the article in your link.

The article rambles on about cops and Benson being portrayed as heroic and good and how the character never grows, blah blah blah. The author of this article is from Rolling Stone Mag re the Olivia Benson character. I agree with this in the article:

“Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy declared the anti-Olivia Benson piece "really, really, really stupid." “

These ‘all or nothing’ demands from any sides is just plain stupid.

I don’t watch SVU anymore ( been years actually), but I like Benson and I think I read somewhere that her old partner is coming back. As for the WP re Paw Patrol? If true , that’s just as stupid, if not more so stupid.

I’m not religious and shockingly enjoyed watching Bluebloods. Im not an NRA member and was still able to enjoy Tom Selleck as the patriarch and commissioner.

This RS article is so stupid. I can’t believe anyone in the media even entertains it, including Foxnews; even if just to poke fun.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I replied before seeing your reply. Stabler is not coming back after all?
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:32 am Law & Order: SVU fully intends to address everything that has occurred since the murder of George Floyd (and others) to even the riots and the looting.

This RS writer needs to sit back, shut-up, and give the 21-year old show a chance to demonstrate what it's always done best....taking an actual story from the headlines and showing different perspectives.

Too, Olivia Benson is out, the show is gone and despite the rumor that the character of Elliot Stabler will be returning for a while.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I've only heard the rumor but if you've read/heard it's a definite, all the better.

Apparently he's to be on a new Dick Wolf show as well, with the same character of Elliot.

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:56 am I replied before seeing your reply. Stabler is not coming back after all?
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:32 am Law & Order: SVU fully intends to address everything that has occurred since the murder of George Floyd (and others) to even the riots and the looting.

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I vaguely remember hearing something about a new show. I am guessing they bring him back briefly to launch the spin-off show.
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 am I've only heard the rumor but if you've read/heard it's a definite, all the better.

Apparently he's to be on a new Dick Wolf show as well, with the same character of Elliot.

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:56 am I replied before seeing your reply. Stabler is not coming back after all?

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic