Rolling Stone writer says Olivia Benson of 'Law & Order' should be 'canceled too'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:53 am Oh, FFS... you just pasted the last bit of the article in your link.

The article rambles on about cops and Benson being portrayed as heroic and good and how the character never grows, blah blah blah. The author of this article is from Rolling Stone Mag re the Olivia Benson character. I agree with this in the article:

“Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy declared the anti-Olivia Benson piece "really, really, really stupid." “

These ‘all or nothing’ demands from any sides is just plain stupid.

I don’t watch SVU anymore ( been years actually), but I like Benson and I think I read somewhere that her old partner is coming back. As for the WP re Paw Patrol? If true , that’s just as stupid, if not more so stupid.

I’m not religious and shockingly enjoyed watching Bluebloods. Im not an NRA member and was still able to enjoy Tom Selleck as the patriarch and commissioner.

This RS article is so stupid. I can’t believe anyone in the media even entertains it, including Foxnews; even if just to poke fun.
I just started watching Blue Bloods in the last couple years. I absolutely love the show!
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I put people like the author of that article in the “agitator” category. We need to discuss solutions about police reform, not mudding the waters with petty stuff like television shows by people who want to appear “woke”.

This is ridiculous.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

lol, mariska hargitay is a total sjw on twitter so she deserves it. I hope her Job is cancelled by her own ilk, that would be hilarious 😂😂😂

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You should probably get rid of “Die Hard” also.

Horrible stereotypes against Germans.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:51 pm I put people like the author of that article in the “agitator” category. We need to discuss solutions about police reform, not mudding the waters with petty stuff like television shows by people who want to appear “woke”.

This is ridiculous.
I read where Cops has been cancelled after 33 years and there is talk about canceling Live PD dhow also.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I am thinking so and I am looking forward to ANY show he's in.

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:53 am I vaguely remember hearing something about a new show. I am guessing they bring him back briefly to launch the spin-off show.
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 am I've only heard the rumor but if you've read/heard it's a definite, all the better.

Apparently he's to be on a new Dick Wolf show as well, with the same character of Elliot.

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:56 am I replied before seeing your reply. Stabler is not coming back after all?

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:49 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:51 pm I put people like the author of that article in the “agitator” category. We need to discuss solutions about police reform, not mudding the waters with petty stuff like television shows by people who want to appear “woke”.

This is ridiculous.
I read where Cops has been cancelled after 33 years and there is talk about canceling Live PD dhow also.
And people are complaining about Paw Patrol? Really? WTF.

I guess First 48 is next.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:29 am

This is ridiculous.

Nobody was complaining about Paw Patrol except for the fake outrage from the right. The Paw Patrol comment was nothing more than a Twitter joke that certain individuals chose to be offended about because they didn’t get the joke. Nobody seems to Google before posting ridiculous things online anymore and that one has me very frustrated because it was a good natured self reflecting joke.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:56 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:29 am

Nobody was complaining about Paw Patrol except for the fake outrage from the right. The Paw Patrol comment was nothing more than a Twitter joke that certain individuals chose to be offended about because they didn’t get the joke. Nobody seems to Google before posting ridiculous things online anymore and that one has me very frustrated because it was a good natured self reflecting joke.
I really don’t care if 1 person said it, it’s still stupid, this whole debate about cop shows in general is stupid and there are bigger fish to fry than googling about stupid shit like this, IMHO.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They need to leave Olivia Benson alone. All of a sudden, everyone gets a conscience.
Locked Previous topicNext topic