White House eyes travel from Mexico as source of virus spike

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:49 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:46 am That's one thing that they're looking into, per the posted article. I think it would be highly irresponsible to NOT look into it.

Why is it wrong that this is part of the analysis? Should we be afraid to offend people more than control the spread of "the virus"? That's how we got here in the first place - good old Teddy being afraid of offending China and kissing their ass.

That's also how he allowed two Ebola outbreaks and a cholera outbreak in three years in addition to allowing "the virus" to spread worldwide. He's more worried about playing nice and not offend the leaders of those countries where these things started than taking action.

These states didn't have the draconian lock downs that many of us have had to deal with.

WHY now, as its dying off elsewhere, are these states having a spike? They should have had their spike much earlier, because they weren't in these strict lockdowns. It's illogical to think that the country opening back up would cause spikes NOW in areas that weren't heavily burdened by these extreme measures to begin with.

For example:

Texas's "stay at home" orders ended in late April. That's 6 weeks ago. If new cases were due to opening back up, this would have shown up much sooner.

Arizona's "stay at home" saw salons, barber shops and non essential retail open May 8. Any spike would have been realized well prior to the end if May. WHY now?

I think it would be irresponsible to NOT look at what commonalities these states share and to try to target and eradicate whatever is the cause of this uptick.

That's what they're actually SUPPOSED to be doing on a task force. This is what the WHO should have been doing months ago. Had someone been watching and analyzing as they should, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html

Here's a breakdown of texas by city and you'll see they did have new cases after opening in April. Some areas have done better with fewer cases and some worse.
No matter when a state opens up, there will be an increase in cases....that's science. There will always be new cases somewhere until there is a vaccine widely distributed.

THen there's that nasty little truth all of you whack jobs are ignoring.....BLM, Antifa and other anarchists have been going at it for over two weeks now. I dread hearing how many more cases will show up in every major city and state in this country.

How come you all were adamant about being locked down, wearing masks, not opening up to soon, yet haven't said squat condemning the protesters and rioters who have created another plague?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would think that would be data they would already be looking at. Same with all borders and ports.

This is just more of Mr. Trump playing his base.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:23 am I would think that would be data they would already be looking at. Same with all borders and ports.

Canada has closed it's border to the U.S. except for commercial and essential business travel. The border will likely remain closed until the U.S. infection rate gets under some type of control.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:23 am I would think that would be data they would already be looking at. Same with all borders and ports.

Canada has closed it's border to the U.S. except for commercial and essential business travel. The border will likely remain closed until the U.S. infection rate gets under some type of control.
The US/Mexico border is closed for nonessential travel until the 22nd. I can't say that I blame you. We've been listed as an international hotspot.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic