Country band Lady Antebellum changes name to Lady A because of slavery reference

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just saw an article that a blues singer who goes by the name Lady A is not happy with them.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Meh. They only have one decent song.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So I guess you your ancestors weren’t slaves.. and your family never faced discrimination or oppression.. must be nice..
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:30 pm What’s next?

HBO removed Gone With the Wind although Hattie McDonald was the first black to win an Oscar for her portrayal of Mammy.

Pelosi wants 11 confederate statues removed from the capitol building.

Since when do we remove everything that might offend someone instead of using it to educate.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

HBO removed Gone With the Wind although Hattie McDonald was the first black to win an Oscar for her portrayal of Mammy.

Since when do we remove everything that might offend someone instead of using it to educate.
It isn't being removed permanently.

Do confederates represent the United States?

How can Germany educate about the Holocaust without statues of Nazis?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So you don’t have anything to say about my last statement, only a snarky comment about what you think my ancestry might be. All righty then.
hotspice58 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:48 am So I guess you your ancestors weren’t slaves.. and your family never faced discrimination or oppression.. must be nice..

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:48 am So I guess you your ancestors weren’t slaves.. and your family never faced discrimination or oppression.. must be nice..

Were yours?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 am I just saw an article that a blues singer who goes by the name Lady A is not happy with them.
I thought “Lady A” sounded familiar. That must have been where I heard it before.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:24 am
DSamuels wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 am I just saw an article that a blues singer who goes by the name Lady A is not happy with them.
I thought “Lady A” sounded familiar. That must have been where I heard it before.
I read that as well. She's had that name for over 20 years. The band was supposed to reach out to her.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:28 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:24 am
I read that as well. She's had that name for over 20 years. The band was supposed to reach out to her.
That’s good. I’m sure it wasn’t intentional and they’ll work it out.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The call to cancel Paw Patrol was a joke on Twitter that certain individuals on the right decided to become upset about. It’s an instance of boomers attempting to use the internet and completely missing the joke that flew right over their heads.
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Cable channels are pulling real life cop shows, re-enactment type police shows, etc. They canceled Cops which is the longest running series on tv ever, 30+ years. There's even a kids cartoon show called 'Paw Patrol' that shows cops (dog) in a good light that the sick lunatics want pulled.

This insanity has got to stop. People need to get over themselves and to hell with 'white guilt'. It's a totally made up concept that has caused Americans to lose their effing minds. No one thinks for himself anymore.
Locked Previous topicNext topic