Just 48 hours of the Autozone communist utopia's existence...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 am Fox News is altering images to make it look like there are armed guards

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1592021279
As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”
Here’s the altered photo
The fact that a “mainstream” news site posted a fake photo should be front news everywhere. That’s scary right there and they should be held accountable. If it was a mistake they need to publish a retraction.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:11 pm
hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 am Fox News is altering images to make it look like there are armed guards

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1592021279
As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”
Here’s the altered photo
The fact that a “mainstream” news site posted a fake photo should be front news everywhere. That’s scary right there and they should be held accountable. If it was a mistake they need to publish a retraction.
It is not a "mistake" when you take multiple images from different days, different cities, and combine them to make scary images. Then post them during a newscast. That takes time and effort and someone is paid for that work.

I worked doing photo editing for a news organization. We were instructed to never alter a news image - no making anyone look better, or worse, or removing items from a photo, or changing background, etc. All we did was blur out copyrighted logos in an obvious way and tone to reproduce properly.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 am
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:03 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:26 am

When someone's argument includes the words "the vast majority," I have to wonder if they're more inclined to think on their own or follow the herd.

I am not an extremist. In today's society, there are different definitions for the term conventional thinking and no, I don't always agree with how the herd thinks.
I don’t always agree with the majority either. It’s just that you call conventional news sites with reputations for excellence as “mainstream” in a sarcastic way that Sarah Palin used to and now Trump does. That it’s an insult to be part of the mainstream. I just don’t understand.
Of course you understand, Lemons, but you simply don't agree.

"Reputations for excellence" would be WHICH ones, in your opinion? CNN with its low ratings? Same with MSNBC...both of which have been accused of and even caught fabricating stories?

They are referred to as "mainstream" by many and because they are. Mainstream doesn't always imply correct reporting or upright, straightforward and unbiased journalism.
No, actually I don’t understand how a couple of politicians, and shitty ones like Trump and Palin at that, were able to manipulate their base into thinking mainstream is a bad thing. That to be an extremist is good.

And for the hundredth time CNN and MSNBC are entertainment news TV channels with a lot of commentary. I’m talking about the NYT, Washington Post, AP News, NPR, BBC and all the other sites that report the news. These “mainstream” news sites have falsely been proclaimed as fake news and so many of you went along with it. Makes no sense.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm :lol: "What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch “13th,” the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/s ... -zone.html

Y'all make it sound like "The Purge". :lol:
The police chief, who is getting the calls of rape and violence to the area and can't get to people, has a very different eye witness account of what's transpiring.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 pm
Fox News is also showing old protest tapes and inferring that it’s happening now. I guess desperation of a failing president and knowing their base is gullible has made them bold.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Chief Best has a different take on "the summer of love".

http://www.tampadispatch.com/seattle-po ... out-crime/

Response times have tripled. The ones hurt the most by actions such as this being allowed to continue are those marginalized people.

Reporters aren't being allowed in, so anything from the media is likely hearsay.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 am That is a list of people that live together for various purposes.

This is a debate about groups that ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am I mean, they don’t all have names? At least not names you recognize, I guess. I stayed at one for several months when I was pregnant with my oldest and it didn’t have a name, it was just some property owned by some old hippies. I emerged decidedly un-traumatized, in fact I have quite fond memories of the place, which still exists and has not to my knowledge inspired any lifetime specials. I think maybe you’re thinking all communes are cult communes, like Waco or something? They aren’t. not even all of the religious ones ever have anything happen to make them newsworthy.

I found this directory which lists over 700 in the US and another 300+ abroad: https://www.ic.org/directory/intentiona ... y-country/. That probably isn't a comprehensive list since many of them don’t really do internet marketing. They are more common than you probably think and definitely do not all lead to trauma, madness and tragedy.
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:15 pm Name one...

Can’t have ended in massacre, mass suicide, child abuse or so much drug use that no one know what reality was.
Bikers. Like the Outlaws.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm :lol: "What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch “13th,” the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/s ... -zone.html

Y'all make it sound like "The Purge". :lol:
The police chief, who is getting the calls of rape and violence to the area and can't get to people, has a very different eye witness account of what's transpiring.
When was this, where did you read this? What is your source?

The live pictures being shown now show very few people walking around. No barriers that can’t be moved in case of an emergency.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:20 pm
moviestar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 pm They are absurd. Like, I shouldn’t rely on the observations of journalists from some of the most respected news outlets in the world, but I can definitely assume Matt Walsh is being one hundred percent forthright and neutrally presenting what he sees 🙄
Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:46 pm Trump’s base reads that trash but none will ever admit to reading it. And it’s always opinion articles. Factual reporting contradicts their clinging to the idea that Trump is doing a great job.

um, Matt Walsh just retweeted a pic from Antifastan of the garden the commies planted. the "garden" speaks for itself 😂
I am always supportive of those who wish to garden.... but that was the saddest garden I've ever seen in my life!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:48 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 am That is a list of people that live together for various purposes.

This is a debate about groups that ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am I mean, they don’t all have names? At least not names you recognize, I guess. I stayed at one for several months when I was pregnant with my oldest and it didn’t have a name, it was just some property owned by some old hippies. I emerged decidedly un-traumatized, in fact I have quite fond memories of the place, which still exists and has not to my knowledge inspired any lifetime specials. I think maybe you’re thinking all communes are cult communes, like Waco or something? They aren’t. not even all of the religious ones ever have anything happen to make them newsworthy.

I found this directory which lists over 700 in the US and another 300+ abroad: https://www.ic.org/directory/intentiona ... y-country/. That probably isn't a comprehensive list since many of them don’t really do internet marketing. They are more common than you probably think and definitely do not all lead to trauma, madness and tragedy.

Bikers. Like the Outlaws.
Oooh! Fill me in! Where did they overtake nearly a mile of public street, hold businesses stuck in that area hostage, extort them for "protection" money, run the police out of their own station, have armed imbeciles guard their borders and assault the police? I wanna see!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic