Just 48 hours of the Autozone communist utopia's existence...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:19 pm
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 pm I was just reading about this. So funny.
What's so funny? Seattle Mayor pulled the police from that neighborhood precinct. The city's 911 call center is in that precinct. These animals are shaking down businesses for protection money. What about the poor people who live in that precinct? They aren't going to quit at controlling just one precinct. They're planning on expanding into more precincts.

This is going to be another shit show ala Occupy Wall Street. Women and girls will be getting raped, people will get killed, there will be drugs and feces on the streets.
To quote somebody else, if you're stupid, you gotta be tough.
LOL!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Okay maybe the problem is your reading comprehension? because nobody said it was a street festival. One article said it was part street festival; street vendors, poetry readings and art circles are certainly elements of a street festival. Are you saying the people who are saying these things are happening are lying?

Let me see if I can follow your logic here. so the journalists from the new york times and Forbes are not credible sources of information, but “lady on the internet who knows somebody who knows somebody who is TOTALLY THERE” has the most accurate and comprehensive understanding of events possible?

PLOT TWIST; Saw this this morning from another Seattlite. he says it’s fine. and he had pictures! Well shit. NOW who am I supposed to believe? IDK maybe you’re right. that guy with the baby looks DANGEROUS.
6C7DAF3B-4101-4AE2-BBB4-EDE360A583BD.png
2196FE5E-FCFF-481D-92E4-B75887BEC09B.png
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:29 am No, I haven't. The daughter (and her boyfriend) of a close former high school friend is living in those 6 blocks of the occupation. They have a completely different take from what is being presented by some in the media to even those who are attempting to defend this.

It's not a festival (I repeat ad nauseam).

moviestar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm Oh, have you been?

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:21 pm And when you're a journalist who has a tendency to write in a slanted manner to begin with, everything will be coming up roses if you're in support of an agenda and/or want to create a different version for headlines.

This that is going on there is not a festival.

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm
jas wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:26 pm
Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 pm

You’re thinking of religious cults. Put religion in these situations and the crazy comes out.
The crazy has already come out just by what they're doing.
It’s a bunch of mostly college aged people protesting and wanting change. It’s ridiculous for anyone, including them, to think it’s a permanent thing.

In the 60,s college students took over buildings, created communes, protested war. Some of the old people were horrified back then, just like so many are right now. I’m happy to see them talking about mental health and social services and not just police issues. Too many people uninsured, can’t get the help they need and end up on the street, in trouble.
Summer of Love. Look what happened in Haight Asbury in the months after that summer (1967)...a wasteland...of drug addicts and crime, and businesses moving away.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That is a list of people that live together for various purposes.

This is a debate about groups that ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am I mean, they don’t all have names? At least not names you recognize, I guess. I stayed at one for several months when I was pregnant with my oldest and it didn’t have a name, it was just some property owned by some old hippies. I emerged decidedly un-traumatized, in fact I have quite fond memories of the place, which still exists and has not to my knowledge inspired any lifetime specials. I think maybe you’re thinking all communes are cult communes, like Waco or something? They aren’t. not even all of the religious ones ever have anything happen to make them newsworthy.

I found this directory which lists over 700 in the US and another 300+ abroad: https://www.ic.org/directory/intentiona ... y-country/. That probably isn't a comprehensive list since many of them don’t really do internet marketing. They are more common than you probably think and definitely do not all lead to trauma, madness and tragedy.
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:15 pm Name one...

Can’t have ended in massacre, mass suicide, child abuse or so much drug use that no one know what reality was.
moviestar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:25 pm That is definitely not true...
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Here’s 242
https://www.ic.org/directory/communes/

Can’t have ended in massacre, mass suicide, child abuse or so much drug use that no one know what reality was.
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:32 pm

It’s always great at the beginning, but you ever watch the until end of those “ we made our own commune” stories?

Everyone always ends up dead or with a lifetime special going over their experience.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Communes have their own system in place and police don’t intervene unless there’s murder or mass suicide or a large amount of child rape
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 am That is a list of people that live together for various purposes.

This is a debate about groups that ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am I mean, they don’t all have names? At least not names you recognize, I guess. I stayed at one for several months when I was pregnant with my oldest and it didn’t have a name, it was just some property owned by some old hippies. I emerged decidedly un-traumatized, in fact I have quite fond memories of the place, which still exists and has not to my knowledge inspired any lifetime specials. I think maybe you’re thinking all communes are cult communes, like Waco or something? They aren’t. not even all of the religious ones ever have anything happen to make them newsworthy.

I found this directory which lists over 700 in the US and another 300+ abroad: https://www.ic.org/directory/intentiona ... y-country/. That probably isn't a comprehensive list since many of them don’t really do internet marketing. They are more common than you probably think and definitely do not all lead to trauma, madness and tragedy.

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:26 am Here’s 242

I looked at a few in the US and most have 0 or 1 member. Am I looking at this wrong?
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 am
hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:26 am Here’s 242

I looked at a few in the US and most have 0 or 1 member. Am I looking at this wrong?
I’m guessing your looking at ones established a year ago and not the ones established 15-20 years ago?
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Fox News is altering images to make it look like there are armed guards

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1592021279
As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”
Here’s the altered photo
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 am Fox News is altering images to make it look like there are armed guards

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1592021279
As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”
Here’s the altered photo
Was just reading this story as well. FOX has since removed some of the faked photos, but the images are now out there as screen shots that people will continue to circulate as "news."
Locked Previous topicNext topic