Just 48 hours of the Autozone communist utopia's existence...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:09 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:55 am
Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:40 am

Where did you get the information that the NYT and Washington Post quite often gets caught making up stories? And we aren’t talking about errors or commentators. You are claiming two top news sites are making up stories “quite often”. Please post your source and examples.
As knowledgeable as you appear to feel you are, Lemons, I will provide those "examples." The rest you'll have to look for on your own if you're truly invested in learning.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... b6655c7ad5

And since the following website appears to be an approved one for some in this group, I am posting from it. Note that some of these go way back to within recent years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Y ... troversies

Those are again, two examples.

Yes, this is a problem. It's a problem for many news outlets and even broadcasts/newspapers straight across the political board.
Wikipedia is not a reliable source because anyone can edit it. But even if they were all accurate and there were issues every five or ten years and Forbes found problems with an article three years ago, you proved my point. They do not make up stories and they have an excellent track record on errors. Every news paper that prints thousands of articles every year will have issues occasionally.

Fox News just got caught putting up a fake photo but I would not say they “frequently” do it. Because I don’t know that and I would just be making it up. Just like you did.
I didn't make anything up, Lemons.

Perhaps if you allowed yourself to be a little bit more open-minded to the reality that there have been many problems with all forms of journalism and media over the years, with the past several years especially, then things would make more "sense" for you.

Fox News is definitely another one that will fabricate and lie.

FWIW, since a few of those you often share an opinion with here in this group have used Wikipedia, you may wish to inform them of your thoughts on it the next time they do so.

I've proven my points and you have altered your stance a little.

Overall, I think it's been a surprisingly good conversation, no?
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 pm
hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:45 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Oooh! Fill me in! Where did they overtake nearly a mile of public street, hold businesses stuck in that area hostage, extort them for "protection" money, run the police out of their own station, have armed imbeciles guard their borders and assault the police? I wanna see!
Where is all of that happening?
According to people that have been there none of that is happening in Seattle. There are fake images of armed guards and hearsay tales that people are posting on Twitter but the things you are saying have been debunked by the people who are actually there.
Ahhh...well that's reliable then. :lol:
First hand accounts aren’t reliable but photoshopped images of armed guards is?
You seem to only be going off of sensationalized telephone game stories and fake images put out by Fox News.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:10 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:10 pm

That's not how it works. Source your information, you're known to believe every conspiracy theory you read.
https://news.yahoo.com/seattle-police-c ... VlH_wUBV7G
The Chief of Police claimed that businesses were getting shaken down for money but had to admit that they got no reports on it, just "heard it". She also talked about risk of fire but the Fire Chief in Seattle walks the streets of the area and talks to the protesters. Reporters on the scene have been describing it as peaceful with most store fronts having Black Lives Matter signs in their windows. Live shots of the area don't show much either.

Exaggerating the scene, especially what Fox News has been doing with running old protest films and fake photos doesn't help.
I was only offering a source. That one just happens to be by the National Review, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:14 am
hmmm666 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:45 pm

Where is all of that happening?
According to people that have been there none of that is happening in Seattle. There are fake images of armed guards and hearsay tales that people are posting on Twitter but the things you are saying have been debunked by the people who are actually there.
You seem to only be going off of sensationalized telephone game stories and fake images put out by Fox News.
No, I've actually been watching leaked video from people inside of their "border walls". I've also seen a couple of video clips which appear to be from from the police POV of them trying to get into their own precinct.

I'm sure those that have been there and are freely talking about it, that have been permitted past their border patrol, are trying to paint this as some happy street festival because they're on the same side.

I'm interested in knowing what's REALLY transpiring, so that's what I seek out. They've barred media, stopping them at their "border". The only thing that can be taken by the media, either video or stills, are shots from the outside perimeter. The only way to truly see inside is what's secretly being smuggled out.

I'm not interested in anything biased. I could watch the big 6 if that was what I was looking for.

I think everyone is distracted by this violence topic. We're losing sight of one very important fact - whether violent or peaceful - these people are disrupting citizens lives, which they DON'T have a right to do. Citizens that chose where to live, where to set up their businesses. A community they decided to live in. Decent, hard working people, who pay their taxes to live in a society, who own this property, are stuck in this "zone" against their will.

These people didn't vote for this. They didn't approve this. They didn't invite this. They've been invaded by these nitwits. Their businesses are blocked off by these imbeciles and their "border". The traffic to their businesses is being restricted to whoever these morons (who NO one gave authority to) deem acceptable. Their streets, streets that they've paid for, are blocked off and are no longer able to be driven down.

By their government NOT doing anything about this, that government is giving implied consent for this land to be stolen. These people who have paid for all of this aren't being taken into consideration at all, which is what government is SUPPOSED to do. That's the point of paying taxes. That's why we have elected officials. That's why it needs to be stopped immediately.

I'd be very interested to see what these imbeciles actually own, have paid in taxes, and have contributed to society. My guess is nil.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:23 am

No, I've actually been watching leaked video from people inside of their "border walls". I've also seen a couple of video clips which appear to be from from the police POV of them trying to get into their own precinct.

I'm sure those that have been there and are freely talking about it, that have been permitted past their border patrol, are trying to paint this as some happy street festival because they're on the same side.

I'm interested in knowing what's REALLY transpiring, so that's what I seek out. They've barred media, stopping them at their "border". The only thing that can be taken by the media, either video or stills, are shots from the outside perimeter. The only way to truly see inside is what's secretly being smuggled out.

I'm not interested in anything biased. I could watch the big 6 if that was what I was looking for.

I think everyone is distracted by this violence topic. We're losing sight of one very important fact - whether violent or peaceful - these people are disrupting citizens lives, which they DON'T have a right to do. Citizens that chose where to live, where to set up their businesses. A community they decided to live in. Decent, hard working people, who pay their taxes to live in a society, who own this property, are stuck in this "zone" against their will.

These people didn't vote for this. They didn't approve this. They didn't invite this. They've been invaded by these nitwits. Their businesses are blocked off by these imbeciles and their "border". The traffic to their businesses is being restricted to whoever these morons (who NO one gave authority to) deem acceptable. Their streets, streets that they've paid for, are blocked off and are no longer able to be driven down.

By their government NOT doing anything about this, that government is giving implied consent for this land to be stolen. These people who have paid for all of this aren't being taken into consideration at all, which is what government is SUPPOSED to do. That's the point of paying taxes. That's why we have elected officials. That's why it needs to be stopped immediately.

I'd be very interested to see what these imbeciles actually own, have paid in taxes, and have contributed to society. My guess is nil.
Who started the deregulation that led to the "big six"?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If the media is barred and can only take photos from the outside, how did Forbes, The Wall St Journal, The New York Times, USA today, and the AP get in to take all these pictures and videos? WSJ was conducting interviews ffs!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 179232001/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandras ... 934af57163

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/s ... -zone.html

https://hosted.ap.org/kernradio/article ... omous-zone

hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Most of the leaked footage is old or spliced together footage from different riots to make things look more dangerous than it is. I’m sure you have seen new footage of the place either having no one around or of them having their little gatherings watching movies and having an open mic?
The chief of police herself said that there are officers still left in the police station who are talking to the protesters and they are trying to work things out. She also said that there is no leader which is making things difficult so most of these outrageous “leaked” videos and stories are ridiculous and over dramatized. The precinct was never set on fire the shop owners that stayed have been donating food for the cause and it just seems to be a group of people milling around doing their own thing until they eventually get forced out. I believe the chief of police and the videos that aren’t over dramatized.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It doesn’t look like the media and police are barred. The police chief is being interviewed in front of the precinct by the press along with protestors.

Locked Previous topicNext topic