Your political affiliation vs. Your local area

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.

Are you liberal or Conservative and is your city/town/state liberal or conservative?

I am liberal and live in a liberal majority area
21%
I am liberal and live in a conservative majority area
26%
I am conservative and live in a conservative majority area
32%
I am conservative and live in a liberal majority area
21%

Total votes: 19
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Registered republican. Live in a blue state, votes across party lines. Voted undecided for republican presidential candidate in the primary. Come November if I can get away with it, I will not vote for a president, but will vote on the rest of the ballot. Then after the general election will switch to independent. Both parties do not give two shits about the people they are supposed to be serving, and I want to be a part of either party. Plus, I think the whole bunch on both sides of the aisle are idiots.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm a liberal in a liberal city in a liberal state.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:19 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:40 pm I am an independent in a conservative area..not one of your options.
Same. LOL! I couldn’t vote either.
I purposely didn't put that option. I know there are some independents but too many people are wishy washy and claim to be independents when really they vote a certain one the majority of the time. I figured you guys could just let me know in the comments.
Oh lord, I should have known it was for some generalizing reason. 😂😂😂😂😂
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Liberal in a blood red town in a blood red state.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t have an American sense of politics preference.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

liberal in a mostly blue town and blue state.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

None of the above. Why do people think there are only two things to be. I am Libertarian/Centrist living in a very conservative area. I am however a registered republican so I can vote in the primaries.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:57 am
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:19 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Same. LOL! I couldn’t vote either.
I purposely didn't put that option. I know there are some independents but too many people are wishy washy and claim to be independents when really they vote a certain one the majority of the time. I figured you guys could just let me know in the comments.
Oh lord, I should have known it was for some generalizing reason. 😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah. I don't know. My son thinks I'm liberal. I also thought of myself as neither. What my town is I really don't know. A mix I think.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am a registered Democrat in a liberal area. That being said, I am a Gen Xer without a political party at the moment because I cannot stand either side right now. I don't do extremes and everything is an extreme.
I have been known to be called a JFK or Clinton (Bill) Democrat within my friend group.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm a definite libertarian and moderate in my view on pretty much everything. I don't believe the government belongs deciding if a woman can or can not have an abortion, but I personally believe it's murder. I wouldn't choose that, but I'll fight all day long for your right to be able to. I don't see why it matters if the 'mos get married and can't for the life of me figure out how that breaks down our society. I've been an ally my entire adult life.

I think the government entitlements are needed, because everyone falls on hard times. I don't believe that it should be a way of life though to live on Section 8, disability if you're not disabled, etc. It should be episodic in nature.

I very much believe in personal responsibility, which has been completely eroded now.

I don't believe that people that do well in business should be punished by having to donate an extreme amount of their hard earned income to taxes. I disagree with allowing others to slide by with minimal effort, yet getting to enjoy the fruit of other's labor. That only discourages innovation and entrepreneurship, which is what this country is built on.

I also see our great nation splitting, because I can't envision any way to come to a middle ground with a group of people who want to defund the police, abolish immigration law and shutter prisons - some of the ideas that have come from the far left radicals in recent months.

We see time and again that humans are incapable of moderating themselves and need standards such as we have with the rule of law.

So - that's why I consider myself a libertarian, but we unfortunately don't have a party. I don't feel like I belong with the Republicans due to the social issues, and there's absolutely no way I condone what passes for the Democrat party today. I'd have been a Kennedy Democrat if I was around back then, but it's devolved to a point that they're irrational.

I'll be voting a straight Republican ticket this year after experiencing the blue state handling of Covid and immediately on its heels watching the blue Mayors and governors just letting these cities burn with these riots.

Watching what the blue mayor and governor is allowing to take place with these mental defectives overtaking city blocks is a shame. Blue mayors forcing police to stand down. The government is allegedly there to protect the people. The blue states are obviously incapable.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic