Unintentional or Just Unaware

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Trump is holding his first campaign rally since Covid-19 in Tulsa on Juneteenth. Sure it could be a coincidence but does no one in his campaign think this is a bad idea?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s a horrible idea. But Trump will still do it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

intentional
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

it’s a great idea, the racists will love it and he can’t stop telling us that’s who he courts.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh, I'm sure it is neither unintentional nor unaware...it is calculated on his part IMO.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:02 pm Oh, I'm sure it is neither unintentional nor unaware...it is calculated on his part IMO.
THIS
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Intentional. It’s a kkklan whistle.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Seems they have reconsidered this date and made a change. Interesting that the tweet sites "African American friends" as the reason. I think there are plenty of Americans from all ethnic groups that found the combination of the rally date and Tulsa location objectionable. I think it is a good choice to make the change.
President Donald Trump said Friday that he is rescheduling his first campaign rally in months to a day later so it won't conflict with the Juneteenth observance of the end of slavery in the United States.

Trump had scheduled the rally — his first since early March — for June 19 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Black leaders said it was offensive for Trump to pick that day and that place, a city that in 1921 was the site of a fiery and orchestrated white-on-black attack.

Trump tweeted late Friday, “Many of my African American friends and supporters have reached out to suggest that we consider changing the date out of respect for this Holiday."

He said he is moving the rally to June 20 “to honor their requests.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-resche ... 54092.html
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:52 am Seems they have reconsidered this date and made a change. Interesting that the tweet sites "African American friends" as the reason. I think there are plenty of Americans from all ethnic groups that found the combination of the rally date and Tulsa location objectionable. I think it is a good choice to make the change.
President Donald Trump said Friday that he is rescheduling his first campaign rally in months to a day later so it won't conflict with the Juneteenth observance of the end of slavery in the United States.

Trump had scheduled the rally — his first since early March — for June 19 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Black leaders said it was offensive for Trump to pick that day and that place, a city that in 1921 was the site of a fiery and orchestrated white-on-black attack.

Trump tweeted late Friday, “Many of my African American friends and supporters have reached out to suggest that we consider changing the date out of respect for this Holiday."

He said he is moving the rally to June 20 “to honor their requests.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-resche ... 54092.html
He's changing it because people are pissed. He's never done anything 'out of respect' for anyone.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My city will be hosting the RNC. I wonder if they know that August 27th is the 60th anniversary of Axe Handle Saturday and if they'll mention it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ax_Handle_Saturday
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic