NASCAR Statement on Confederate Flags

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:58 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:32 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:21 pm A neighboring county is banning all representations of the Confederate flag on school property. This was an initiative that was taken up in February and failed in a vote of 7-1. Today, it passed 8-0. Our county is thinking of following the example (which I support).

NASCAR. Who would have thought?
I am pretty shocked and curious to see what their pro- confederate flag fan base has to say about this. 🤔
A lot of them are fired up. Saying they're quitting/boycotting. They photo shopped his shirt from I CAN'T BREATHE to I CAN'T DRIVE and added a confederate flag underneath. :x
You know I heard the panties bunching when I read that tweet. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Car racing with no battle flags? That’s like milk no cereal to them. Ham no burger. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I knew this was gonna piss them off.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:33 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:58 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:32 pm

I am pretty shocked and curious to see what their pro- confederate flag fan base has to say about this. 🤔
A lot of them are fired up. Saying they're quitting/boycotting. They photo shopped his shirt from I CAN'T BREATHE to I CAN'T DRIVE and added a confederate flag underneath. :x
You know I heard the panties bunching when I read that tweet. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Car racing with no battle flags? That’s like milk no cereal to them. Ham no burger. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I knew this was gonna piss them off.
You know what they say, better to be pissed off than pissed on, lol. This ain't their granddaddy's NASCAR.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm I thought it was started as a rum runner group trying to get away from police?

Seems they always had an “anti-what the government says” point of view, haven’t they?
[/quozte]

Moonshine, not rum.

They who? Shine runners?
Moonshine is most often rum.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:22 am
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm I thought it was started as a rum runner group trying to get away from police?

Seems they always had an “anti-what the government says” point of view, haven’t they?
[/quozte]

Moonshine, not rum.

They who? Shine runners?
There ain't much sugarcane in them thar hills. The stuff coming out of KY,VA,TN,NC is corn liquor, lol.
306/232

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:35 am

There ain't much sugarcane in them thar hills. The stuff coming out of KY,VA,TN,NC is corn liquor, lol.
Moonshine is any kind of alcohol, usually whisky or rum, that is made in secret to avoid high taxes or outright bans on alcoholic drinks.
HowStuffWorks › science
How Moonshine Works | HowStuffWorks
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:44 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:33 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Have you talked to anyone who is a Nascar fan and listened to their point of view or are you just assuming the worst about them due to broad generalizations?
How is that assuming the worst about them?

Not caring what the government has to say is quite mild of a description.

Plenty of amazing people had the same point of view so it isn’t an insult.
It's yet another broad generalization of an entire group of people you don't seem to know much about, and really just because others have said it doesn't mean it's not an insult.
That isn’t a broad generalization, that’s a comment on NASCAR’s beginnings as outlaws.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:25 am

Moonshine is any kind of alcohol, usually whisky or rum, that is made in secret to avoid high taxes or outright bans on alcoholic drinks.
HowStuffWorks › science
What kicked off NASCAR didn't have anything to do with rum.
306/232

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Moonshine, not rum.

They who? Shine runners?
They meaning NASCAR drivers.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:28 am

HowStuffWorks › science
Ok, but that is what American History teaches. Or at the very least what the History Channel teaches.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:32 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:28 am

Ok, but that is what American History teaches. Or at the very least what the History Channel teaches.
This is my family history. My grandfather and uncles were all moonshiners back then.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic