‘What Are We Going To Have Left In Our Community?’ Aldermen React with Panic, Sorrow to Unrest

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:48 am
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:02 am
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:21 pm She is horrid. You should have seen what we got in the southwest burbs. It all spilled way out of the city, all of the burbs went on lockdown. We had stores that closed Sunday and didn't open until Thursday like Target. Malls are boarded up. They were ramming cars into buildings in Ford City mall trying to break in to loot. They set the Sam's club on fire in evergreen park. Went back on Monday and did the same. Set Orland mall on fire Sunday. Wayyyyy outside of the city.

I was teetering on the edge of leaving Illinois after the Covid insanity here with the lockdown and emperor toilets mandates and our health director telling everyone to record all deaths as Covid even if they died if something else.

This letting the riots run rampant crap cured me. I'm looking in Indiana right now as we speak, where logic and common sense is employed in governing. Toilets is too busy taking jabs at Trump and decrying him sending national guard here to worry about us. They can all have each other. This blue state life isn't fit for anyone.
I would have moved to Texas over 20 years ago if I could have convinced my family to move also. My daughters and grandkids are here.

BTW, was your area in the tornado warning earlier this evening?
Yes. We got the cell phone warning!
That's always so scary. I remember when I got my first smart phone years ago, my daughter downloaded the 'tornado' warning app. Good thing she told me it would screech, because if that went off in the middle of the night and I didn't know how it sounded, it would have scared the crap out of me.

We usually get a couple of these warnings a year, and I have a lawn chair set up in the basement so I can be comfortable waiting down there, lol.

I missed the local news tonight. Did there end up being a tornadoes?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:05 am
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:02 am

I would have moved to Texas over 20 years ago if I could have convinced my family to move also. My daughters and grandkids are here.

BTW, was your area in the tornado warning earlier this evening?
That's always so scary. I remember when I got my first smart phone years ago, my daughter downloaded the 'tornado' warning app. Good thing she told me it would screech, because if that went off in the middle of the night and I didn't know how it sounded, it would have scared the crap out of me.

We usually get a couple of these warnings a year, and I have a lawn chair set up in the basement so I can be comfortable waiting down there, lol.

You know I don't watch the news. I haven't heard anything from my Godmother about one up by us. She's taken the place of my ma as the early warning weather update lady now that she's gone. LOL

She sent a picture of a funnel cloud swirling around awfully close to the ground somewhere tonight. I think South of I 80. Some town I never heard of.

Hope all is stable up by you :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:59 am
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:05 am

You know I don't watch the news. I haven't heard anything from my Godmother about one up by us. She's taken the place of my ma as the early warning weather update lady now that she's gone. LOL

She sent a picture of a funnel cloud swirling around awfully close to the ground somewhere tonight. I think South of I 80. Some town I never heard of.

Hope all is stable up by you :)
We just had rain, no rain, rain, no rain, on and on all night. The warning did cut into a tv show I was watching, which is kind of strange since it didn't include our county,
Locked Previous topicNext topic