Cuomo pushes for NY to pass ‘Amy Cooper’ bill against false 911 accusations, along with police reform

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

👍
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:42 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:10 pm yeah, since that seemed to be an approach you were sticking with I decided to stoop down to your level so you wouldn’t be lonely 🙃

Only racists think that being identified as a racist is meaningless. I understand why you need to believe the way you do though.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:46 pm

lol, I don't live in NY, doesn't impact me. for someone who cried about me insulting her you sure try hard to insult others. too bad the majority of "muh racist" accusations are meaningless nowadays and no one with a brain accepts your narrative :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol, your tactics are so old.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:29 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 am if people don’t call 911 when a situation involves a minority because of this law it’s a pretty good indicator that a 911 call wasn’t necessary in the first place, which is the opposite of the law backfiring.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 am I think this will backfire and make people less likely to call 911 when a situation involves a minority but ok.
that's one simple minded way to look at things. I feel like the left tends to do this, they don't consider all consequences of the things they support.

how about this, you're behind a person of color swerving on the road, you think about calling 911 for a drunk driver but what if he's not drunk? will they think you targeted him for his race? best to just myob then.

I personally think any law that punishes a person for calling 911 is a bad idea.
Simple minded people think simply.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:56 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm If I think a 911 call is warranted, the race of anyone involved would not deter me. If something like that would deter you, then you’re almost certainly not in danger and need to mind your business.

Weird how you can’t argue your point without being insulting though. And by weird I mean typical.

that's one simple minded way to look at things. I feel like the left tends to do this, they don't consider all consequences of the things they support.

how about this, you're behind a person of color swerving on the road, you think about calling 911 for a drunk driver but what if he's not drunk? will they think you targeted him for his race? best to just myob then.

I personally think any law that punishes a person for calling 911 is a bad idea.
again, that's a myopic way of looking at it. not every situation is going to be crystal clear cut. but sometimes people listening to their intuition has resulted in rescuing others. people will be more prone to ignore their intuition out of white guilt.

If you think simple mindedness is an insult maybe try to expand your mind before supporting idiotic policies.
It's best to ignore that one. Once you respond to her, she'll peck you to death for days.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

for someone who doesn’t have the sack to talk to me, you sure do spend a lot of time talking about me...
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:55 pm
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:56 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm If I think a 911 call is warranted, the race of anyone involved would not deter me. If something like that would deter you, then you’re almost certainly not in danger and need to mind your business.

Weird how you can’t argue your point without being insulting though. And by weird I mean typical.
again, that's a myopic way of looking at it. not every situation is going to be crystal clear cut. but sometimes people listening to their intuition has resulted in rescuing others. people will be more prone to ignore their intuition out of white guilt.

If you think simple mindedness is an insult maybe try to expand your mind before supporting idiotic policies.
It's best to ignore that one. Once you respond to her, she'll peck you to death for days.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 am if people don’t call 911 when a situation involves a minority because of this law it’s a pretty good indicator that a 911 call wasn’t necessary in the first place, which is the opposite of the law backfiring.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 am I think this will backfire and make people less likely to call 911 when a situation involves a minority but ok.

I actually thought of this situation because I have called 911 for this reason. The person was driving very erratically (for miles, not just a oppsey over the center line) for all I know the person was having a health crisis and not drunk, but I didn't know. What if they weren't impaired and were black, would I be accused of a hate crime? It could have been some dumb kid screwing around while driving and I was the only one who witnessed it, so my word against theirs. Scary!
Locked Previous topicNext topic