Black Twitter users mock Pelosi, et al

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Congressional Democrats' attempts to look woke appeared to backfire on them Monday when a series of black Twitter users accused them of cultural appropriation.

Author Obianuju Ekeocha posted a video telling Democrats to stop "virtue signalling" by wearing African cloth in the Capitol.

"Excuse me, dear Democrats," she said. "In your tokenism, you didn't wait to find out that this thing that you're hanging around your neck is not just some African uniform -- it's actually the kente material. The kente belongs to the Ghanaian people, mainly the Ashanti tribe.

Obianuju Ekeocha

@obianuju
I had to say something about the American politicians shameless and ignorantly using the Kente fabric as a prop in their virtue signaling.

*I’m usually more mild mannered than this so please forgive me, I’m upset.

Embedded video
1:00 PM - Jun 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
17.3K people are talking about this
EX-WARREN SURROGATE BLASTS WHITE DEMOCRATS FOR KNEELING IN AFRICAN CLOTH: 'THIS HAS TO BE HELL'

"Excuse me, Democrats," she continued. "Don't treat Africans like we're children. These fabrics and these colorful things that we have within our culture and tradition, they all mean something to us. I know you look at us and you say, 'Oh, Africans are so cute in all of your colorful dresses.' Well, some of those dresses and patterns and colors and fabrics actually do mean something to us."

Ekeocha went on to ask why Democrats were using the cloth for their "own show of non-racism."

Obianuju Ekeocha

@obianuju
· 9h
There is more Kente fabric in this picture than at a Ghanaian traditional wedding.

The DC African-fabric shop is probably now sold out in order to meet the demand of this ridiculous tokenism by Democrat politicians.
Dear Africans step aside!#CulturalAppropriation at its worst.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Obianuju Ekeocha

@obianuju
I’m sure🤔someone told them that fabric represents black people but in truth a Nigerian like me cannot lay claim to this significant fabric which is very much a part of Ghanaian identity.

Dear democrats,these colors & patterns belong to ancient tribes and mean something to us.

View image on Twitter
12:15 PM - Jun 8, 2020
1,805 people are talking about this
Black commentator Hotep Jesus suggested Democrats were engaging in cultural appropriation.

"How is this not cultural appropriation?" he asked, alongside a photo of House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md.

Hotep Jesus
@HotepJesus
This is Kente Cloth!

They demonized Hoteps and then stole our look. They are trying to coop our movement by looking like us. 😂

The Columbia Bugle 🇺🇸
@ColumbiaBugle
View image on Twitter
12:41 PM - Jun 8, 2020
298 people are talking about this

Hotep Jesus
@HotepJesus
How is this not cultural appropriation? 😂

View image on Twitter
12:44 PM - Jun 8, 2020
3,197 people are talking about this
AFRICAN-AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE TAKES ON 'TOXIC' NARRATIVE ABOUT POLICING IN AMERICA
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder who decided they should wear the “scarves” and how they decided on this one.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:04 pm I wonder who decided they should wear the “scarves” and how they decided on this one.
It's the dem's usual pandering for the black vote. The old hag, Nancy, probably liked the colors in the material. I think it's appalling, classless and debases the garb of an African nation.

There was a pic in one of the tweets of a group of African women dressed in the traditional material. They were so pretty. But, I couldn't get the picture to post.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Capture+_2020-06-08-22-16-45(1).png
I saw about 2 minutes of that old hand bag blathering and I turned it off. She couldn't even read notes off her paper.

I was mortified for them with their over the top, meaningless gesture. Watching that was an embarrassment.

I mean seriously! Look at this ridiculous pose they did! They obviously did a damned photo shoot! This is just a big show for them. A production. That's it! This looks like a damned movie poster for a summer film! Such fools. It's infuriating to me and I'm white.

It's like those reality show poses that they have the people do that they flash between segments.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought there was no such thing as cultural appropriation?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 pm Capture+_2020-06-08-22-16-45(1).png

I saw about 2 minutes of that old hand bag blathering and I turned it off. She couldn't even read notes off her paper.

I was mortified for them with their over the top, meaningless gesture. Watching that was an embarrassment.

I mean seriously! Look at this ridiculous pose they did! They obviously did a damned photo shoot! This is just a big show for them. A production. That's it! This looks like a damned movie poster for a summer film! Such fools. It's infuriating to me and I'm white.

It's like those reality show poses that they have the people do that they flash between segments.
The video was from one site and the twitter comments from another. I couldn't get the pics on the twitter comments to post. I only heard about three sentences out of that piece of work's mouth...just long enough to get the link for the video.

I'm telling you, they all made me want to vomit. There isn't a low they won't go to in order to play to the blacks. I hope their fb pages, twitter pages or whatever they are called, their e-mails, etc. are flooded with comments from Americans slamming them for this stunt.

I hope their knees and backs hurt like hell from kneeling on the floor, lol.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 pm I thought there was no such thing as cultural appropriation?
Tell that to the black people on twitter they all insulted.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 pm I thought there was no such thing as cultural appropriation?
Tell that to the black people on twitter they all insulted.
I don't need to. Right wing cons already have.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

cultural appropriation is ok for a photo op.
Locked Previous topicNext topic