Black Twitter users mock Pelosi, et al

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:54 pm
jas wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:34 am This is very damaging to the cause of Black/Civil Rights.

I mean the way people are acting towards others who are going out of their way to attempt to help, even if the method is not what they would have used.

If that keeps up, they will stop trying to help.
Are you sitting there saying that they should be happy these idiots are wearing a scarf in the colors of their ancestors? And if they're not happy about it, they should shut up before the Democrats stop wearing and caring?

Cause that's what it sounds like and that sounds really ignorant. People don't need them to wear all white or scarves or whatever those fashion plates are choosing to coordinate with next. They need them to do their F***ing jobs which they were elected to do and take care of the people. Change laws, put stiffer ones in, etc, etc, etc.
I am saying that when there is a lot of pain in the country and there are also those trying to relieve that pain in any small way they can think of, stop trying to make them feel stupid for trying.

If their methods are incorrect, help educate. But to bring further anger and pettiness into the equation is only going to make things worse.

What they wear is so far off the charts of what matters right now it appears to just be another way people are picking each other apart like vultures who smelled blood.
You are incorrect that it doesn't matter. It DOES matter, that's part (a small part, but still a part) of the problem! Wearing appropriated clothing and talking out of their asses is asinine and insulting. Less talk and color coordinated clothing and more action is what is needed. Period. Actions have ALWAYS spoken louder than mere words and meaningless gestures.
This isn't the first riot, this isn't the first outfit...
Let's shut up and stop posing for the cameras and write legislation that will bring REAL change and show REAL solidarity.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:59 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:01 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:06 am

Well she is 80 ... And drunk all the time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn. Pelosi is 80? She looks good. I thought she was younger than that.
It's all fake. It's obvious she's had several plastic surgeries. No one's eyebrows are half way up their forehead, and her eyes look like an owls. She constantly looks startled. I wonder if she can close those eyes to sleep, lol.
I don’t care for plastic surgery that is overboard but it’s not noticeable to me. Pelosi still looks fabulous in her heels at 80 years old, so more power to her if she has. 💅🏼
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:32 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:01 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:06 am

Well she is 80 ... And drunk all the time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn. Pelosi is 80? She looks good. I thought she was younger than that.
That's why I was so impressed with how smoothly she went down and in heels!
Hell I can’t even do that. Lol!!! Politics aside, she looks good.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Are you sitting there saying that they should be happy these idiots are wearing a scarf in the colors of their ancestors? And if they're not happy about it, they should shut up before the Democrats stop wearing and caring?

Cause that's what it sounds like and that sounds really ignorant. People don't need them to wear all white or scarves or whatever those fashion plates are choosing to coordinate with next. They need them to do their F***ing jobs which they were elected to do and take care of the people. Change laws, put stiffer ones in, etc, etc, etc.
I am saying that when there is a lot of pain in the country and there are also those trying to relieve that pain in any small way they can think of, stop trying to make them feel stupid for trying.

If their methods are incorrect, help educate. But to bring further anger and pettiness into the equation is only going to make things worse.

What they wear is so far off the charts of what matters right now it appears to just be another way people are picking each other apart like vultures who smelled blood.
You are incorrect that it doesn't matter. It DOES matter, that's part (a small part, but still a part) of the problem! Wearing appropriated clothing and talking out of their asses is asinine and insulting. Less talk and color coordinated clothing and more action is what is needed. Period. Actions have ALWAYS spoken louder than mere words and meaningless gestures.
Let's shut up and stop posing for the cameras and write legislation that will bring REAL change and show REAL solidarity.
Democrats unveil broad police reform bill as Floyd’s death sparks protests nationwide
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... story.html

The Black Caucus handed out the kente cloth stoles to the democratic members of congress and they wore them. I agree it looked a bit silly but gosh, the stretch to make this THE story rather than the reform bill is really disheartening. The people that are distracted are the ones looking for a distraction.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That did happen. But the focus was yet again mockery instead of reality.

Wearing a scarf doesn’t matter, the legislation does. Focus on what matters, the days to berate each other should have already passed.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They were trying too hard. At least they were trying.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:29 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:17 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:34 am This is very damaging to the cause of Black/Civil Rights.

I mean the way people are acting towards others who are going out of their way to attempt to help, even if the method is not what they would have used.

If that keeps up, they will stop trying to help.
I agree. It’s like people can’t win. We really do live in an ugly country right now.
Seriously?
So much shit going on, do we really need to attack people who are trying to do the right thing? The white supremacist population in this country is growing faster than it has in decades, I don't think we need to worry about what some old democrats are wearing.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Democrats unveil broad police reform bill as Floyd’s death sparks protests nationwide

The Black Caucus handed out the kente cloth stoles to the democratic members of congress and they wore them. I agree it looked a bit silly but gosh, the stretch to make this THE story rather than the reform bill is really disheartening. The people that are distracted are the ones looking for a distraction.
And notice who started this thread.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:04 pm I wonder who decided they should wear the “scarves” and how they decided on this one.
They were given to them by the Black Caucus.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Thanks for sharing. I figured something like that may have happened or there was more to it but I wasn’t at them to google it honestly. Lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic