Trump retweeted an attack on George Floyd's character by Glenn Beck and Candace Owens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:24 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:34 pm Leave it to Trump to try and deflect from police brutality.
Francee89 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:41 pm President Donald Trump retweeted a message in which conservative provocateur Candace Owens attacked the character of George Floyd, whose death in police custody has spurred widespread anti-racism protests.

In the message shared by the president, conservative radio host Glenn Beck interviews Owens about Floyd's death, alongside the message: "I don't care WHAT George Floyd did. The officer should have never treated him like that and killed him! But we still must ask: Is he a HERO? BLEXIT founder @RealCandaceO gave her thoughts: 'The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me.'"

"This is a guy with a very long record and a very long criminal record," Beck said.

Owens describes Floyd as a symbol of the "broken culture in black America today" and asserted that "he was not a good person."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... ist-2020-6
I think he just likes to play both sides of every issue. He goes on camera to declare he's an "ally" of peaceful protestors, to appear reasonable and defending constitution rights. Then he retweets attacks on the murdered man to blame the victim and give racists tacit approval as well. Always playing the crowd and courting votes. No actual moral compass, or logic, or belief system other than self-service.
Yup, that's Biden for you.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:34 pm Leave it to Trump to try and deflect from police brutality.

I think he just likes to play both sides of every issue. He goes on camera to declare he's an "ally" of peaceful protestors, to appear reasonable and defending constitution rights. Then he retweets attacks on the murdered man to blame the victim and give racists tacit approval as well. Always playing the crowd and courting votes. No actual moral compass, or logic, or belief system other than self-service.
Deflection instead of refutation. How surprising.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I am getting really F***ing tired of the right's victim shaming.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What some people are having a hard time with is that Floyd has murals of him (long criminal history/did some pretty horrible things) and has basically become a hero but David Dorn is being ignored (long term police captain/good guy) and died as a result of these "peaceful protests".

He's basically, along with 3 other black policemen killed during these "peaceful protests", being ignored. Their black lives don't seem to matter is what's at issue from what I've seen.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

I don't see the controversy. He acknowledged he didn't deserve to die, but his past is pretty bad.

"Floyd had been sentenced to five years in prison in 2009 for aggravated assault stemming from a robbery where Floyd entered a woman’s home, pointed a gun at her stomach and searched the home for drugs and money, according to court records"

I believe people can change and get 2nd chances and it seems he did try to change based on his social media posts but seeing him enshrined as an angel on murals is kinda weird now that I know about his past.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 pm What some people are having a hard time with is that Floyd has murals of him (long criminal history/did some pretty horrible things) and has basically become a hero but David Dorn is being ignored (long term police captain/good guy) and died as a result of these "peaceful protests".

He's basically, along with 3 other black policemen killed during these "peaceful protests", being ignored. Their black lives don't seem to matter is what's at issue from what I've seen.
The majority of protestors have been peaceful. Who has made him “basically a hero”? The focus is almost entirely on how he died, not an endorsement of how he did or didn’t live.

Their black lives obviously matter, but what has galvanized people here is police brutality against black people, which Floyd’s death is a prime example of.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

deflection is her specialty
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 pm
Mommamia wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Deflection instead of refutation. How surprising.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 pm What some people are having a hard time with is that Floyd has murals of him (long criminal history/did some pretty horrible things) and has basically become a hero but David Dorn is being ignored (long term police captain/good guy) and died as a result of these "peaceful protests".

Imho, I don’t see why they are having a hard time since I don’t think anyone is stopping people from painting murals or honoring Dorn and . I don’t think there would be anything to protest since the suspect has been arrested.

The lack of justice is the common thread in these police brutality cases and I don’t think that means not all Black lives matter.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The cop should have been fired with all the complaints against him. Why don’t Candace and Trump bring that up?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Floyd was just an average guy who was killed by police. So many black men are. That is the point. He wasn't a saint and he wasn't a satan. He was just normal and there was no reason for him to die.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic