Alyssa Milano roasted on Twitter after posting crocheted face mask

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

Twitter users were quick to point out how Milano's crocheted mask had holes in it and likely wasn't doing anything at all.

"Your mask is exactly what this fence does to keep mosquitoes out," one user wrote, along with a photo of a fence with many openings in it.

After multiple Twitter users critiqued her, Milano replied saying there was a filter inside the mask.

"A--holes, mask has a carbon filter in it. So, yes, it might be crochet but totally safe," Milano wrote. "Mask has a filter in it for f---'s sake. A carbon one. My mom makes them. #WearAMask"

the mocking continued since people could see there were no filters in her mask and the filters she posted dont stop viruses.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... -face-mask
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If you look at the blown up picture there is a filter in the mask. But a crochet mask is pretty stupid.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Alyssa's the asshole here. Carbon filters aren't effective at filtering the virus. Cutting up heppa vacuum filters or furnace filters to line a mask with (between two layers of 100% cotton material) is as close to an N95 you can get.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lmao πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LittleMermaid wrote: ↑Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Twitter users were quick to point out how Milano's crocheted mask had holes in it and likely wasn't doing anything at all.

"Your mask is exactly what this fence does to keep mosquitoes out," one user wrote, along with a photo of a fence with many openings in it.

After multiple Twitter users critiqued her, Milano replied saying there was a filter inside the mask.

"A--holes, mask has a carbon filter in it. So, yes, it might be crochet but totally safe," Milano wrote. "Mask has a filter in it for f---'s sake. A carbon one. My mom makes them. #WearAMask"

the mocking continued since people could see there were no filters in her mask and the filters she posted dont stop viruses.

I think she should worry more about her children being in a car unrestrained. Idiot. Maybe she hasn't been getting enough attention lately since there aren't any pro-abortion rallies going on.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 12:19 am

I think she should worry more about her children being in a car unrestrained. Idiot. Maybe she hasn't been getting enough attention lately since there aren't any pro-abortion rallies going on.
its obvious they are just sitting in a parking lot. idiot.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: ↑Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 pm Alyssa's the asshole here. Carbon filters aren't effective at filtering the virus. Cutting up heppa vacuum filters or furnace filters to line a mask with (between two layers of 100% cotton material) is as close to an N95 you can get.
Most reusable N95s and n99s use activated carbon filters. The military also uses activated carbon filters. Most hepa filters are made from fiberglass and not recommended as you’d be breathing in fiberglass particles.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Before even reading I thought "I bet it has a filter or a solid piece of fabric in it." But people will see what they want to see and criticize for it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You really think they are actually driving down the road like that????? Wow. Just wow.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They're parked.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic