Trump suggests taking meds then adds “ what do I know?”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... w-n1177501
I would think as our leader he would ask experts instead of recommending meds and then saying” what do I know ?”
Omg
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guaranteed he has stock in some sort of company that manufactures that.

That plus his ego. He won't wear a mask because that would be visual proof that he was wrong about the virus from the get-go, and show "weakness", but he'll tout this unproven medication until his last breath because it was his idea (so to speak) and he absolutely cannot be wrong, even as it kills people. I believe it was Sweden that was trying it and some of the side effects were pretty disastrous.

The cure was worse than the disease, if I could borrow a phrase...
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm Guaranteed he has stock in some sort of company that manufactures that.

That plus his ego. He won't wear a mask because that would be visual proof that he was wrong about the virus from the get-go, and show "weakness", but he'll tout this unproven medication until his last breath because it was his idea (so to speak) and he absolutely cannot be wrong, even as it kills people. I believe it was Sweden that was trying it and some of the side effects were pretty disastrous.

That’s exactly right- it’s worse than the disease.
In this article, they quote him as saying that he knows a lot , said he was pretty smart guy.... , but then later he says “ what do I know”.
🙄
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is it something like, "I'm the smartest guy in the room, but what do I know?"
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He has no impulse control. He can't help it.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does he really want anyone answering that question? Lol
ProudAmerican
Peon

Unread post

ABSOLUTELY NO Democrat should take this medicine. Not ever! Please stay safe and DON'T TAKE IT!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ProudAmerican wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 pm ABSOLUTELY NO Democrat should take this medicine. Not ever! Please stay safe and DON'T TAKE IT!
Fine by me! Maybe I'll be able to get MY script for it filled... I mean, I've only been taking it for 8 years or so.... and now I can't get it without a code from the doc, so next week I get to travel for an hour and a half to go see my doc. Just to get this stupid code so I can get my #4 refill of 11 refills on this particular prescription. I won't be able to walk once I get there, but whatever. I'm sure I can call inside for assistance or something.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lingev wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:27 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm Guaranteed he has stock in some sort of company that manufactures that.

That’s exactly right- it’s worse than the disease.
In this article, they quote him as saying that he knows a lot , said he was pretty smart guy.... , but then later he says “ what do I know”.
🙄
No. Hydroxychloroquine is not worse than the disease. The medication is proven. How many people has it killed, exactly? Link, please.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Maddow. 'Nuff said.

More about a drug that until Covid 19, I had no idea existed, and it's drawn my own interests for obvious reasons:

https://www.healthline.com/health/hydro ... de-effects

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601240.html

Also a testimony:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/detroi ... e-her-life

However, for ME, I find it still too experimental yet in a time where the world is scrambling to come up with answers and treatments, there will be a lot of unknowns and hopes placed on drugs such as this. *sigh Adds to the scariness of everything IMO.

As for Trump saying, "what do I know," I don't really see this is yet another gotcha moment directed at him but by all means....
Locked Previous topicNext topic