Surgeon Gen pleads with Governors

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Today the US Surgeon General Jerome Adams Sunday asked the outlier U.S. governors to issue stay-at-home orders. While much of the country is on Stay-At-Home status, there are a few state holdouts that refuse to take this action as the rate of infections and deaths continues to climb.
Surgeon General Jerome Adams Sunday called on U.S. governors who haven’t issued statewide stay-at-home orders that combat the spread of coronavirus to at least “give us a week” of restrictions, as health officials warn of an accelerating rate of infections and deaths.

“The next week is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, it’s going to be our 9/11 moment, it’s going to be the hardest moment for many Americans in their entire lives. And we really need to understand that if we want to flatten that curve and get through to the other side, everyone needs to do their part,” he said during an interview on “Meet the Press.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/surgeon-gene ... 00886.html
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If they haven't done anything by now, chances are they won't for the remainder of this. Unless Fearless Leader makes them.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is what happens when fed leadership refuses to lead or in this case doesn't know how to lead. When you tell states to fend for themselves re vents in a ridiculous bidding war, when you tell states that fed stockpiles are for the fed gov ( JK proved what an incompetent idiot he is on national tv), when you use press conferences as campaign rallies and waste precious time with crony idiots signing your praises , and when you have experts address the nation and give recommendation only to then undermine such recommendations by not leading by example, when you deny science ...All these can only lead to what is happening now - noncompliance by the idiots in the face of evidence.

At one point, be it sooner or later, the virus will get to even the most rural of places. By this time, the rest of the country will be recovering, and these areas will be hard hit when the rest of the country has moved on. Sadly, many of these places are already hurting for physicians and decent medical access. Having their governors hold out will only increase the death toll in those areas.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My governor isssued at SIP order that went into effect on Friday at 6 pm until the 13th at midnight. However, the dingleberry that he is also ordered the beaches to be reopened. *facepalm* Some mayors have said they will pushback and NOT open the beaches.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:41 pm This is what happens when fed leadership refuses to lead or in this case doesn't know how to lead. When you tell states to fend for themselves re vents in a ridiculous bidding war, when you tell states that fed stockpiles are for the fed gov ( JK proved what an incompetent idiot he is on national tv), when you use press conferences as campaign rallies and waste precious time with crony idiots signing your praises , and when you have experts address the nation and give recommendation only to then undermine such recommendations by not leading by example, when you deny science ...All these can only lead to what is happening now - noncompliance by the idiots in the face of evidence.

At one point, be it sooner or later, the virus will get to even the most rural of places. By this time, the rest of the country will be recovering, and these areas will be hard hit when the rest of the country has moved on. Sadly, many of these places are already hurting for physicians and decent medical access. Having their governors hold out will only increase the death toll in those areas.
I agree.
It’s frightening because we need unity and cooperation in this crisis.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I hope they listen to him and even more, I hope the people in those 8 (9?) states use their own common sense and simply stay home if they're able.

AZ's governor was a hold-out until this past week and even then, has had to tweak his SAH order to include places he originally thought would be OK to stay open.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'll wait to see what happens at the ballot boxes when these bozos are up for re-election.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Tennessee Governor Lee signed executive order 23 requiring people to stay home except for essential activities. From what I can tell, things haven’t changed much from 22 when they were just asked to. Sometimes we take a ride up to the mountains to get out of the house. We never leave our car but people are congregating at the stop areas that look out on the city. They can’t shut down the parkway either or some people would be stuck up there with no way to get food and stuff. It’s a no win situation

For the record, taking car rides with my autistic ds is essential to preventing meltdowns and doesn’t violate the order. I know how some are in here so I want to clarify that.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:41 pm This is what happens when fed leadership refuses to lead or in this case doesn't know how to lead. When you tell states to fend for themselves re vents in a ridiculous bidding war, when you tell states that fed stockpiles are for the fed gov ( JK proved what an incompetent idiot he is on national tv), when you use press conferences as campaign rallies and waste precious time with crony idiots signing your praises , and when you have experts address the nation and give recommendation only to then undermine such recommendations by not leading by example, when you deny science ...All these can only lead to what is happening now - noncompliance by the idiots in the face of evidence.

They were not told to fend for themselves but to try to get it themselves because of the federal bureaucracy to deal with. We have a stay at home order but our idiot governor half WHITmer told people they could travel to their second homes. Now we have people from the hardest hit areas of the state coming up and totally disregarding the quarintine orders and parting like its vacation time. Our little area when from 1 to 2 to 5 with 16 pending results in 2 days. You can look on the cases map and see it following right up 75.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:15 pm Today the US Surgeon General Jerome Adams Sunday asked the outlier U.S. governors to issue stay-at-home orders. While much of the country is on Stay-At-Home status, there are a few state holdouts that refuse to take this action as the rate of infections and deaths continues to climb.
Surgeon General Jerome Adams Sunday called on U.S. governors who haven’t issued statewide stay-at-home orders that combat the spread of coronavirus to at least “give us a week” of restrictions, as health officials warn of an accelerating rate of infections and deaths.

“The next week is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, it’s going to be our 9/11 moment, it’s going to be the hardest moment for many Americans in their entire lives. And we really need to understand that if we want to flatten that curve and get through to the other side, everyone needs to do their part,” he said during an interview on “Meet the Press.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/surgeon-gene ... 00886.html
The states surrounding the ones that don't issue stay at home should close their borders to all traffic but commercial traffic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic