Surgeon Gen pleads with Governors

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:56 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:41 pm This is what happens when fed leadership refuses to lead or in this case doesn't know how to lead. When you tell states to fend for themselves re vents in a ridiculous bidding war, when you tell states that fed stockpiles are for the fed gov ( JK proved what an incompetent idiot he is on national tv), when you use press conferences as campaign rallies and waste precious time with crony idiots signing your praises , and when you have experts address the nation and give recommendation only to then undermine such recommendations by not leading by example, when you deny science ...All these can only lead to what is happening now - noncompliance by the idiots in the face of evidence.

At one point, be it sooner or later, the virus will get to even the most rural of places. By this time, the rest of the country will be recovering, and these areas will be hard hit when the rest of the country has moved on. Sadly, many of these places are already hurting for physicians and decent medical access. Having their governors hold out will only increase the death toll in those areas.
They were not told to fend for themselves but to try to get it themselves because of the federal bureaucracy to deal with. We have a stay at home order but our idiot governor half WHITmer told people they could travel to their second homes. Now we have people from the hardest hit areas of the state coming up and totally disregarding the quarintine orders and parting like its vacation time. Our little area when from 1 to 2 to 5 with 16 pending results in 2 days. You can look on the cases map and see it following right up 75.
DeSantis and Kemp did what, when?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:41 pm This is what happens when fed leadership refuses to lead or in this case doesn't know how to lead. When you tell states to fend for themselves re vents in a ridiculous bidding war, when you tell states that fed stockpiles are for the fed gov ( JK proved what an incompetent idiot he is on national tv), when you use press conferences as campaign rallies and waste precious time with crony idiots signing your praises , and when you have experts address the nation and give recommendation only to then undermine such recommendations by not leading by example, when you deny science ...All these can only lead to what is happening now - noncompliance by the idiots in the face of evidence.

At one point, be it sooner or later, the virus will get to even the most rural of places. By this time, the rest of the country will be recovering, and these areas will be hard hit when the rest of the country has moved on. Sadly, many of these places are already hurting for physicians and decent medical access. Having their governors hold out will only increase the death toll in those areas.
They were not told to fend for themselves but to try to get it themselves because of the federal bureaucracy to deal with. We have a stay at home order but our idiot governor half WHITmer told people they could travel to their second homes. Now we have people from the hardest hit areas of the state coming up and totally disregarding the quarintine orders and parting like its vacation time. Our little area when from 1 to 2 to 5 with 16 pending results in 2 days. You can look on the cases map and see it following right up 75.
I think she is talking about Michigan's governor..she said Whitmer..
Kemp is a complete moron..he put a SIP in order on the 6th-13th and opened the beaches. *facepalm* The mayors down by Tybee/Savannah/Jekyll are not happy about it.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 am
Kemp is a complete moron..he put a SIP in order on the 6th-13th and opened the beaches. *facepalm* The mayors down by Tybee/Savannah/Jekyll are not happy about it.
I know who she's talking about. Whitmer is a Democrat, Kemp and DeSantis (OT - He's from my city and Casey, his wife, was a newscaster here) are Republicans. This isn't a partisan thing nor should it be. We must push past the Us v. Them with this because we're all in it together.

I agree with you about Kemp and I also know authorities in Brunswick and Jekyll Island are not happy. It's just a little over an hour from here so it pops up on our local news.

I also agree with Carpy about it traveling via I-75 (which is about an hour from here). I was shocked when DeSantis blocked I-95 and I-10 to certain travelers, but not I-75. I-95 from the Georgia line to Florida SR 200 in Yulee, FL was a mess for hours.
306/232

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:32 am

I know who she's talking about. Whitmer is a Democrat, Kemp and DeSantis (OT - He's from my city and Casey, his wife, was a newscaster here) are Republicans. This isn't a partisan thing nor should it be. We must push past the Us v. Them with this because we're all in it together.

I agree with you about Kemp and I also know authorities in Brunswick and Jekyll Island are not happy. It's just a little over an hour from here so it pops up on our local news.

I also agree with Carpy about it traveling via I-75 (which is about an hour from here). I was shocked when DeSantis blocked I-95 and I-10 to certain travelers, but not I-75. I-95 from the Georgia line to Florida SR 200 in Yulee, FL was a mess for hours.
It is not a partisan issue..it is a "be safe regardless of who you are" issue. Unfortunately, governors and citizens alike are being stupid. It was very surprising that DeSantis did not block 75. It is more of a main thoroughfare though and would be much harder to block though IMO.
Kemp is most likely on his way out. He is probably going to be a one term governor after the way he has bungled this issue. People are pissed here in GA. I have the local news stations on my FB feed and every single time he speaks, the comments blast him. Just about everyone is calling for his resignation and saying they will not vote for him again. I was floored when his SIP order was for a whopping 10 days. It went into effect on Friday at 6 pm and ends at midnight on the 13th. I had to run my oldest to the orthodontist yesterday for an emergency appointment and was surprised at how busy a few of the stores were. There is no wonder that we have over 7,000 cases here with over 200 deaths. He should have had a SIP order put into effect sooner. Individual mayors did so against his orders. His list of essential workers is a mile long which is what is causing so many people still being out and about. I'll be interested to see who runs against him. I don't think it will matter what party they are with at this point, Georgians ( even ones that voted for him) just want him gone.
Claire
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:58 am

It is not a partisan issue..it is a "be safe regardless of who you are" issue. Unfortunately, governors and citizens alike are being stupid. It was very surprising that DeSantis did not block 75. It is more of a main thoroughfare though and would be much harder to block though IMO.
Kemp is most likely on his way out. He is probably going to be a one term governor after the way he has bungled this issue. People are pissed here in GA. I have the local news stations on my FB feed and every single time he speaks, the comments blast him. Just about everyone is calling for his resignation and saying they will not vote for him again. I was floored when his SIP order was for a whopping 10 days. It went into effect on Friday at 6 pm and ends at midnight on the 13th. I had to run my oldest to the orthodontist yesterday for an emergency appointment and was surprised at how busy a few of the stores were. There is no wonder that we have over 7,000 cases here with over 200 deaths. He should have had a SIP order put into effect sooner. Individual mayors did so against his orders. His list of essential workers is a mile long which is what is causing so many people still being out and about. I'll be interested to see who runs against him. I don't think it will matter what party they are with at this point, Georgians ( even ones that voted for him) just want him gone.
I agree governors and citizens alike are being stupid. You (general) can't run away from this virus. It's only logical to stay in place, stay home unless you're truly essential. DeSantis says Landscapers are essential - my son was thrilled, SMH. However, he does work alone and doesn't come into contact with the customers. Just does what he's hired to do and mails the invoice. Gotta love all those people in Ponte Vedra and Nocatee, lol.

I-75 and I-95 are both main corridors into Florida. Personally, I think the interstates should have been shut down to all except essential personnel like truckers, etc.

My niece lives in Jasper, GA. She's not happy - NOT happy AT ALL - with how Kemp has handled this. My FIL is up around Vidalia and trusts both Kemp and Trump. Another family member lives near Waycross and she too trusts both Kemp and Trump. It's interesting to see the different views coming from people.
306/232

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 am
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:58 am

I agree governors and citizens alike are being stupid. You (general) can't run away from this virus. It's only logical to stay in place, stay home unless you're truly essential. DeSantis says Landscapers are essential - my son was thrilled, SMH. However, he does work alone and doesn't come into contact with the customers. Just does what he's hired to do and mails the invoice. Gotta love all those people in Ponte Vedra and Nocatee, lol.

I-75 and I-95 are both main corridors into Florida. Personally, I think the interstates should have been shut down to all except essential personnel like truckers, etc.

My niece lives in Jasper, GA. She's not happy - NOT happy AT ALL - with how Kemp has handled this. My FIL is up around Vidalia and trusts both Kemp and Trump. Another family member lives near Waycross and she too trusts both Kemp and Trump. It's interesting to see the different views coming from people.
My mom, GMIL, and inlaws live in The Villages. My mom and MIL are BFFs and still getting together on a regular basis, playing cards with my 89 year old GMIL ( she has beginning dementia, half blind, half deaf and does not understand what is going on at all so they are attempting to keep some normalcy for her), etc...it makes me mad that they are still doing what they want, but they are stubborn and live almost 6 hours away from me so it is not like I can do anything. *sigh* Dh and I are probably the only people we know that did not vote for Trump and that can't stand him.
We are 20 miles south of downtown Atlanta in the suburbs of the city. Several counties went SIP weeks ago to try and stem the flow against Kemp's orders. It hasn't worked well though. We have 7558 confirmed cases, 1393 hospitalized and 294 deaths. My county has 181 cases and 3 deaths. According to the hospital 1.5 miles from my home, there are 31 people hospitalized there and 16 on vents..it is a 216 bed hospital. The 3 deaths were 2 men aged 73 and 80 and a female aged 63. Fulton county ( where downtown ATL is located) has over 1000 cases with over 30 deaths.
The first case that was confirmed here in Atlanta was a man that had traveled to Milan for a business trip. He came home and 2 days later showed signs so he got tested and it was positive. His son was also tested and was positive. Then, his wife and other son followed..they are homeschooled, but the schools that accomodated their co-ops were exposed so they closed immediately. It snowballed from there and has spread like wildfire. *sigh*
Claire
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Michigan
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never said a thing about parties.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People aren't really following the stay at home orders that are in place. I know my governor has expressed frustration over that.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:22 pm

I never said a thing about parties.
I know you didn't, but I know your thoughts about her.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic