Why does anyone listen to this lying propagandist?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Does crow taste like chicken? I'll have to ask her...
Deleted User 670

Unread post

USN Comfort is not treating virus patients. They're pretty much acting like a regular urgent care center. Since the ERs are inundated with virus patients. And Rachel does issue retractions when she is wrong. Trump just lies again when he's wrong.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Yesterday NPR interviewed staff on USNS Comfort and they are not prepared to deal with Coronavirus patients. They are there to take care of the other emergency care patients so that NYC hospitals can be free to care exclusively for CV19 patients. At the time, they had only 20 patients but stated that there were complications in getting non-cv-19 patients to the USNS and expected those numbers to go up.

They are operational but their role is limited. Same with Samaritan's Purse field hospital in Central Park.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:49 pm
She's not a news reporter. But she's right on this.
On Thursday, though, the huge white vessel, which officials had promised would bring succor to a city on the brink, sat mostly empty, infuriating executives at local hospitals. The ship’s 1,000 beds are largely unused, its 1,200-member crew mostly idle.
Only 20 patients had been transferred to the ship, officials said, even as New York hospitals struggled to find space for the thousands infected with the coronavirus. Another Navy hospital ship, the U.S.N.S. Mercy, docked in Los Angeles, has had a total of 15 patients, officials said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/nyre ... mfort.html
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:30 pm Yesterday NPR interviewed staff on USNS Comfort and they are not prepared to deal with Coronavirus patients. They are there to take care of the other emergency care patients so that NYC hospitals can be free to care exclusively for CV19 patients. At the time, they had only 20 patients but stated that there were complications in getting non-cv-19 patients to the USNS and expected those numbers to go up.

They are operational but their role is limited. Same with Samaritan's Purse field hospital in Central Park.
You lie! As of yesterday they had 22 patients. :)

I hope they can become fully operational soon. The federal government is moving way too slowly on everything.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:35 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:30 pm Yesterday NPR interviewed staff on USNS Comfort and they are not prepared to deal with Coronavirus patients. They are there to take care of the other emergency care patients so that NYC hospitals can be free to care exclusively for CV19 patients. At the time, they had only 20 patients but stated that there were complications in getting non-cv-19 patients to the USNS and expected those numbers to go up.

I hope they can become fully operational soon. The federal government is moving way too slowly on everything.
I hope so too but are they outfitted and will they take in Covid-19 patients? Currently, they are not admitting patients who are CV-19 symtomatic. Currently, patients but be evaluated at city hospitals and test negative for CV-19 before being transferred to USNS. It sounds as if it's another administrative hurdle rather than actual medical aid.

It is a beautiful ship and looks good on video.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 pm

I hope so too but are they outfitted and will they take in Covid-19 patients? Currently, they are not admitting patients who are CV-19 symtomatic. Currently, patients but be evaluated at city hospitals and test negative for CV-19 before being transferred to USNS. It sounds as if it's another administrative hurdle rather than actual medical aid.

Since there is more of a need for beds for infected patients it would make more sense for the ship to take the people with the virus. Otherwise it's not that useful.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Since there is more of a need for beds for infected patients it would make more sense for the ship to take the people with the virus. Otherwise it's not that useful.
It does make more sense but it's not happening. Really, it's only a good optic but at this point, not very helpful. The PPE supplies are not even available for hospitals so I'm not sure what help the ship will be. Perhaps in the future the intake process will be streamlined and for example, someone who is in an auto accident or shooting will be taken to the ship for care rather than a NYC hospital to receive care and the requirement for CV-19 testing will be waived? But at this point, I'm not seeing the benefit.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:04 pm

The Javitz Center has 1000 beds in NYC and is taking COVID patients. I would imagine you can not just move people out of a hospital and on to a ship that quickly. I am sure those beds will be filled within the next few weeks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic