Why does anyone listen to this lying propagandist?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:39 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:04 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 pm

I hope so too but are they outfitted and will they take in Covid-19 patients? Currently, they are not admitting patients who are CV-19 symtomatic. Currently, patients but be evaluated at city hospitals and test negative for CV-19 before being transferred to USNS. It sounds as if it's another administrative hurdle rather than actual medical aid.

It is a beautiful ship and looks good on video.
Since there is more of a need for beds for infected patients it would make more sense for the ship to take the people with the virus. Otherwise it's not that useful.
The Javitz Center has 1000 beds in NYC and is taking COVID patients. I would imagine you can not just move people out of a hospital and on to a ship that quickly. I am sure those beds will be filled within the next few weeks.
I wouldn't expect them to be moved. I would think they would want the ship for new patients. Cases haven't even peaked yet. I understand wanting to have something for non-covid patients but the need for covid patients is greater.
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm USN Comfort is not treating virus patients. They're pretty much acting like a regular urgent care center. Since the ERs are inundated with virus patients. And Rachel does issue retractions when she is wrong. Trump just lies again when he's wrong.
True! Well said.
And... Rachel is the opposite of a lying propagandist right?
:)
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Part of the protocol before receiving patients onboard Comfort is for a coronavirus test to be performed. The swab test came back hours later, the patients remained in isolation and spent a night onboard the vessel, which is only supposed to treat trauma patients, not Covid-19 positive patients."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus- ... rk-mistake

However, officials are now reassessing taking only trauma patients.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
QLuv

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:35 pm

You lie! As of yesterday they had 22 patients. :)

I hope they can become fully operational soon. The federal government is moving way too slowly on everything.
I hope so too but are they outfitted and will they take in Covid-19 patients? Currently, they are not admitting patients who are CV-19 symtomatic. Currently, patients but be evaluated at city hospitals and test negative for CV-19 before being transferred to USNS. It sounds as if it's another administrative hurdle rather than actual medical aid.

It is a beautiful ship and looks good on video.
Since there is more of a need for beds for infected patients it would make more sense for the ship to take the people with the virus. Otherwise it's not that useful.
Oh both ships are very useful, more than you will ever know.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don’t watch her. She talks to damn much.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Treating covid patients is multi-specialty. A ship is not equipped or staffed for that. Making it an urgent care center makes sense.

Keep in mind that the virus infects all types. And patients with cormorbidities require intensive care- especially if intubated.

* edit for auto correct

Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 pm

The Javitz Center has 1000 beds in NYC and is taking COVID patients. I would imagine you can not just move people out of a hospital and on to a ship that quickly. I am sure those beds will be filled within the next few weeks.
I wouldn't expect them to be moved. I would think they would want the ship for new patients. Cases haven't even peaked yet. I understand wanting to have something for non-covid patients but the need for covid patients is greater.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 pm Treating covid patients is multi-specialty. A ship is not equipped or staffed for that. Making it an urgent care center makes sense.

Keep in mind that the virus infects all types. And patients with cormorbidities require intensive care- especially if intubated.

* edit for auto correct

I thought that the Samariatan's Purse operation in Central Park was set up to deal with Covid-19 patients. How would that be different?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:20 pm I don’t watch her. She talks to damn much.
I don't either, nor do I listen to talking heads or so-called pundits.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t know. Maybe screening, testing, and triaging.
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 pm Treating covid patients is multi-specialty. A ship is not equipped or staffed for that. Making it an urgent care center makes sense.

* edit for auto correct

I thought that the Samariatan's Purse operation in Central Park was set up to deal with Covid-19 patients. How would that be different?
Deleted User 203

Unread post

More proof that mistakes can and will be made, often big ones:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/04/coronav ... ients.html

From the story:
"The Comfort is supposed to treat patients with conditions other than COVID-19 to free up space in overwhelmed New York hospitals...

The patients transferred to the Comfort Friday had not previously been tested for COVID-19, Navy spokesperson Beth Baker said, and they remained “isolated” on the ship pending results of tests administered aboard the Comfort. It takes about 24 hours to receive the results of the tests, she added.
."
Locked Previous topicNext topic