Trump Orders Stop of N95 Masks to Canada

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Trump orders 3M to stop sending N95 masks to Canada

I will add URLs as the discussion evolves, if it evolves, because there are many sides to this issue and it is a very easy Google search.

Have you heard about this? If so, what do you think about it?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I saw it very early this morning on Facebook and thought it might be a hoax because of the site it was coming from. I didn't open it. Looking at this now - https://globalnews.ca/news/6772979/coro ... mp-canada/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 am I saw it very early this morning on Facebook and thought it might be a hoax because of the site it was coming from. I didn't open it. Looking at this now - https://globalnews.ca/news/6772979/coro ... mp-canada/
There are two sides to this story.

From the U.S. side, I can see how Trump can be held to answer why he is allowing essential medical supplies to be sent to Canada, which is a much, much less infected country than the U.S. is when there is a shortage at home.

From the Canadian side, Canada supplies many surgical supplies to the U.S., including ventilators. Even though Canada is short on ventilators, with unwavering support, Canada continues to supply them to the U.S. Also, in the midst of medical personnel getting sick with COVID-19, Canada still is helping with up to 1,000 medical personnel to the U.S., when Canada is short itself.

The issue with the 3M supplied N95 masks is not about need because both nations have manufacturing industries shifting production to supply more. The issue is about cooperation.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 am I saw it very early this morning on Facebook and thought it might be a hoax because of the site it was coming from. I didn't open it. Looking at this now - https://globalnews.ca/news/6772979/coro ... mp-canada/

From the U.S. side, I can see how Trump can be held to answer why he is allowing essential medical supplies to be sent to Canada, which is a much, much less infected country than the U.S. is when there is a shortage at home.

From the Canadian side, Canada supplies many surgical supplies to the U.S., including ventilators. Even though Canada is short on ventilators, with unwavering support, Canada continues to supply them to the U.S. Also, in the midst of medical personnel getting sick with COVID-19, Canada still is helping with up to 1,000 medical personnel to the U.S., when Canada is short itself.

The issue with the 3M supplied N95 masks is not about need because both nations have manufacturing industries shifting production to supply more. The issue is about cooperation.
I think it's more need based for now. Manufacturing companies are shifting to help make things, yes, but that's going to take TIME. Time many of those on the front lines don't have. The shortage is NOW, the shortage is REAL. If we hurt your feelings, sorry - not sorry. Our cases out number Canada's greatly. The need is here. When things ramp up and companies can keep up with the demand, things will change.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He stopped a shipment to Germany as well.

We will see how much help America gets when the next time they ask comes up.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NY has over 100,00 cases. The need is there. Hospitals are short on all supplies. I am sorry but this area has to come first for supplies.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:44 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 am

I think it's more need based for now. Manufacturing companies are shifting to help make things, yes, but that's going to take TIME. Time many of those on the front lines don't have. The shortage is NOW, the shortage is REAL. If we hurt your feelings, sorry - not sorry. Our cases out number Canada's greatly. The need is here. When things ramp up and companies can keep up with the demand, things will change.
It’s going to backfire on The US. Linamar is making ventilators some were destined to US hospitals Linamar will no longer be sending these. Detroit sees 1400 health care workers that cross the border each day to work over there Canada has the ability to stop them from going. Other countries have said they will stop sending supplies. Heck 3m said this move would backfire and there will be less supplies. It’s not going to work.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I see both sides and am not sure what the right answer is. My hope is Trump steps back and lets someone else handle this.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.berlin.de/sen/inneres/press ... 915948.php

Germany is considering this an act of piracy.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 am https://www.berlin.de/sen/inneres/press ... 915948.php

Germany is considering this an act of piracy.

It was. Trump was wrong to do that to a shipment that had already left the US.
Locked Previous topicNext topic