Trump Orders Stop of N95 Masks to Canada

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Grandmaof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:11 pm
Grandmaof2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 pm I side with TRUMP with this. we have a shortage of medical supplies here.. we have close to 300k cases here in the US.
327,920 cases

Think we'd have that many if the states and the federal government had shut down travel back in early March after they knew about the intelligence reports from January and February?

Where are we getting that 2+ TRILLION DOLLARS? Do you find it interesting that it went from 2 Billion, to 8.5 billion, to 100 trillion, to where it's at now? Are you mad at POTUS and CONGRESS over it?
china hid it from us for 2 months. the virus was here way before March. it is to believed to be here in November and December. all of your trump haters have always got to find a way to blame everything on trump
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Grandmaof2 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:19 am
Grandmaof2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 pm I side with TRUMP with this. we have a shortage of medical supplies here.. we have close to 300k cases here in the US.
327,920 cases

Think we'd have that many if the states and the federal government had shut down travel back in early March after they knew about the intelligence reports from January and February?

Where are we getting that 2+ TRILLION DOLLARS? Do you find it interesting that it went from 2 Billion, to 8.5 billion, to 100 trillion, to where it's at now? Are you mad at POTUS and CONGRESS over it?
china hid it from us for 2 months. the virus was here way before March. it is to believed to be here in November and December. all of your trump haters have always got to find a way to blame everything on trump
From the NY Times and the WHO, COIVD-19 was discovered on November 17, 2019. China knew of a possible virus a few weeks earlier, but didn't know what it was. Within six short weeks it became widespread in China. It may have come to the West coast of the U.S. and Canada on December 31, 2019.

COVID-19 came up quickly where the leadership challenges are new to all world leaders. Some world leaders are handling it better than others. By nature, governments are reactive and seldom proactive.

Personally I am not a fan of Trump, but I don't hate the man. I think he dismissed the seriousness of COVID-19 at first; but again, many leaders did.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

327,920 cases

Did Trump just ignore the intelligence for two months (January AND February)?

"The system was blinking red," a US official told The Post. "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn't get him to do anything about it."

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ary-2020-3
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 am

327,920 cases

"The system was blinking red," a US official told The Post. "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn't get him to do anything about it."

Hindsight is always 20/20 and it's sooo easy to point fingers.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 am

Agreed! It is much easier to criticize than do. There is an expression we had in the military, "Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!"
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Every one messed up with this, but when your intelligence briefings are giving you warnings, you listen. Unless you're convinced they're the "deep state".

I know hindsight really well...lord, do I know.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:48 am

Agreed! It is much easier to criticize than do. There is an expression we had in the military, "Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!"
It is, but as I have already said, when your intelligence sources are giving you warnings, you listen. Unless you're convinced they are "deep state".

My dad was a WWII Merchant Marine and he used to say that too.
306/232

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 am

It is, but as I have already said, when your intelligence sources are giving you warnings, you listen. Unless you're convinced they are "deep state".

Not necessarily. We can surmise and guess all day and will never know what really happened, but it could have been as simple as them giving him warning #312 of the day. There are a lot of warnings about a lot of things. Some serious, some blown out of proportion for one reason or another. Point is, let's just go from here. Learn from the mistakes and go.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:27 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 am

Not necessarily. We can surmise and guess all day and will never know what really happened, but it could have been as simple as them giving him warning #312 of the day. There are a lot of warnings about a lot of things. Some serious, some blown out of proportion for one reason or another. Point is, let's just go from here. Learn from the mistakes and go.
Would you agree to shutting the country down now so we can stop the spread? Once upon a time, in a far away time, intelligence briefings warned that some were plotting to target planes. Should that PDB have been heeded?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't imagine running a billion dollar a year hotel business and not trusting or listening to the people you employ to help run it.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic