This is why the WHO advised against calling COVID-19 “Chinese Virus”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:38 pm
Emandab wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:43 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:50 am

Trump playing hardball on China would seem a lot more sincere had he not tweeted things like this like a credulous moron in January.

Maybe if China hadn't lied through their teeth about it all. In January China said it wasn't airborne when they knew damn well it was. If they had done the right thing instead of trying to look good we wouldn't be in this mess. You think Trump is bad? Why don't you go over there and criticize their government. See how fast you disappear.
Trump was getting briefings back in January about this and the fact that China was likely downplaying the extent of the outbreak. During that same time, he was publicly praising President Xi and insisting this would go away. It was only after it was unavoidable to deny how bad it was going to be that he started calling it "the Chinese Virus", in an effort to deflect from his dismal response to it.
6 days after China actually admitted, probably because we had actual Doctors of our own there at this point, that it was airborne Trump put up the travel ban. Oh but but he was being racist then. Hindsight says he should have said f**k all of you and shut down all flights but then the media would have gone ever nuttier than they already were. Do you all think that shutting down the flights was an easy decision? He Knew he would get backlash for it but he did it anyways for the good of this country. I'm sorry you are too short sighted to see it. Shame on you.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:11 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:36 pm
Emandab wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:47 pm

There is when China is spreading false propoganda claiming our military purposely spread it to them. He's not calling it the "China virus" to be racist. He's defending this country. I'm sorry your hatred for Trump makes you too dense to get that.

The actual fact is that the name of the virus is COVID-19. It's not unreasonable to expect Trump to use the real name for the virus just like other world leaders are doing. Calling it by the wrong name makes both him and the United States look ignorant.
Too dense to read what I said just repeating your same ol tired line. *shakin my head

That's okay. I frequently shake my head at how gullible Trump's supporters are.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:19 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:36 pm

The actual fact is that the name of the virus is COVID-19. It's not unreasonable to expect Trump to use the real name for the virus just like other world leaders are doing. Calling it by the wrong name makes both him and the United States look ignorant.
Too dense to read what I said just repeating your same ol tired line. *shakin my head

That's okay, I frequently roll my eyes at how weak your argument is.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:22 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:19 pm

That's okay, I frequently roll my eyes at how weak your argument is.

LOL. I never miss Trump's live press conferences and follow him on Twitter. His own words and backtracking are enough for me to hold him in contempt.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:18 pm

Maybe if China hadn't lied through their teeth about it all. In January China said it wasn't airborne when they knew damn well it was. If they had done the right thing instead of trying to look good we wouldn't be in this mess. You think Trump is bad? Why don't you go over there and criticize their government. See how fast you disappear.
Trump was getting briefings back in January about this and the fact that China was likely downplaying the extent of the outbreak. During that same time, he was publicly praising President Xi and insisting this would go away. It was only after it was unavoidable to deny how bad it was going to be that he started calling it "the Chinese Virus", in an effort to deflect from his dismal response to it.
6 days after China actually admitted, probably because we had actual Doctors of our own there at this point, that it was airborne Trump put up the travel ban. Oh but but he was being racist then. Hindsight says he should have said f**k all of you and shut down all flights but then the media would have gone ever nuttier than they already were. Do you all think that shutting down the flights was an easy decision? He Knew he would get backlash for it but he did it anyways for the good of this country. I'm sorry you are too short sighted to see it. Shame on you.
If he knew it was airborne and therefore highly contagious in late January/early February, why did he keep having rallies and say that the risk of so many people in such proximity didn’t bother him at all, in addition to all his other statements downplaying the severity and risk to Americans?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:47 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 am
Emandab wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:56 pm

So what you are saying is that actual facts should be gleaned over for the sake of just in case a nut job does what nut jobs do? Should the President tell the world "yup, Ole Xi is right, China isn't lying nor did it derive from there, it was us all along." And who is so say where this demented man got his info. All media was calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus just weeks ago. So get out of here with your righteous bs.

The president should be calling the virus Covid-19 because that"s the name of the virus. There's no reason to call it by a fake name.
There is when China is spreading false propoganda claiming our military purposely spread it to them. He's not calling it the "China virus" to be racist. He's defending this country. I'm sorry your hatred for Trump makes you too dense to get that.
Defending the country?! By what, talking like a grade school misfit? I'm sorry your worship of him makes you blind.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:53 pm

If he knew it was airborne and therefore highly contagious in late January/early February, why did he keep having rallies and say that the risk of so many people in such proximity didn’t bother him at all, in addition to all his other statements downplaying the severity and risk to Americans?
I swear these people know he fucked up, but they're so upset about being wrong in their decision to vote for him, they refuse to admit it and would rather keep on licking and lapping up the word vomit he spews.
306/232

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It was airborne and yet he continued to hold rallies and schmooze at Mar a Lago and encourage people to go out. Ok.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL, can anyone imagine if someone threw a shoe at him?
306/232

Deleted User 1074

Unread post

"Jose L. Gomez, 19, was charged with three counts of attempted capital murder and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. (Midland County Sheriff's Office) (Midland County Sheriff's office)

Gomez was then taken into custody by an off-duty Border Patrol agent. He was charged with three counts of attempted capital murder and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Locked Previous topicNext topic