Coronavirus: Trump says states' 'insatiable appetite' for safety equipment is political despite medics pleading for more

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

After pleas from health workers across the country as critically needed medical equipment diminishes, Donald Trump says that states and hospitals have "insatiable appetites" and are "never satisfied" with the federal government response, which began sending some relief to hard-hit areas during the coronavirus pandemic.

He said on Twitter: "Massive amounts of medical supplies, even hospitals and medical centres, are being delivered directly to states and hospitals by the Federal Government. Some have insatiable appetites & are never satisfied (politics?). Remember, we are a backup for them."

The president said that the "complainers" should have been "stocked up and ready long before this crisis hit" despite his assurance to Americans for weeks that the federal government was acting to combat the outbreak.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 43496.html
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Those annoying healthcare workers and their INSATIABLE appetite for saving lives and not contracting a virus while working 🙄 where do they get off?

Perhaps they’d be able to be satiated had he spent the buffer time between the first case in January and now using the powers of the federal government to make or procure PPE and equipment, rather than downplaying, golfing and rallying.

Elsewhere, he criticized Schumer and said he “should have pushed harder” - the only problem with that logic are his own tweets.

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is so disturbing. How can our President take such a dismissive attitude when medical staff are now intubating their co-workers who get infected from lack of PPE. The Federal Government is not a "backup" during a national emergency. They should be leading.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:11 pm This is so disturbing. How can our President take such a dismissive attitude when medical staff are now intubating their co-workers who get infected from lack of PPE. The Federal Government is not a "backup" during a national emergency. They should be leading.
Dh has actually banned me from watching the daily briefings unless Dr. Fauci is speaking. He's the only person who seems to even have a gdmn clue about how bad things are and could get. Trump still pretty much lives in fantasy land and is focused on the wrong things. It's maddening.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dumbfuck doesn't seem to understand that those items are DISPOSABLE and meant to be changed between patients.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:16 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:11 pm This is so disturbing. How can our President take such a dismissive attitude when medical staff are now intubating their co-workers who get infected from lack of PPE. The Federal Government is not a "backup" during a national emergency. They should be leading.
Dh has actually banned me from watching the daily briefings unless Dr. Fauci is speaking. He's the only person who seems to even have a gdmn clue about how bad things are and could get. Trump still pretty much lives in fantasy land and is focused on the wrong things. It's maddening.
Some stations are removing the Trump part and just putting the doctors and other experts on live. Too much disinformation and talking about himself. He gives a daily report on all the compliments he’s getting. Gives himself an A+ like there’s something wrong with him.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Never satisfied? Like the medical field isn’t struggling to provide care for a massive amount of people sick or dying?

He is so inhumane and selfish. It’s deplorable that anybody...much less a President can watch what’s going on and sees nothing at all wrong with making such a horrific accusation like this.

Unbelievable.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’ve always taken Trump in doses but I can’t listen to him speak at all now.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:18 pm
I gave him a chance when he started to take it seriously and had the experts up there with him. But it didn’t take long before you could actually see him twitching from the effort to keep it serious and keep it about the virus and not him. Disappointed once again.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:18 pm

I gave him a chance when he started to take it seriously and had the experts up there with him. But it didn’t take long before you could actually see him twitching from the effort to keep it serious and keep it about the virus and not him. Disappointed once again.
I couldn’t even do that. It’s sad but I expect the worse out of him and his mouth. Especially now. This is disgustingly low, even for him. No human respect for anyone but himself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic