Coronavirus: Trump says states' 'insatiable appetite' for safety equipment is political despite medics pleading for more

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 am
Crimson417 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm Everyone needs to get a grip and stop getting whipped up by the media. QUESTION EVERYTHING. They are the ones escalating this "crisis". They're posting fake pictures, then claiming "editing error". CBS just did it. Another network just ran some picture of caskets lined up in cold storage or something. It was the scene from some movie! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Start asking questions. Start looking at other sources such as Instagram. See what actual people on the street are seeing and saying. People around the country, especially in areas that are allegedly having these shortages, such as N.Y. "the epicentre" and L.A. "hard hit" are filming no activity. Cedars Sinai in L.A. - ghost town.

People have physically gone and taken live video. It's all ghost towns. No one is in line for testing which everyone keeps screaming about. There's no people piling into the ER. The parking lots aren't jammed with cars - they're sparse. There's no ambulances piling into the ER. The streets are dead. Everything is quiet. It's the same in the UK. People are hitting the streets to see for themselves.

For the third time this week I went to my local hospital - a level 1 trauma. Below is a description of this facility. It's located just outside of the city. The 40 gunshot victims getting popped around the city every weekend that you hear about are usually taken here. There's a serious medical need, it's coming here.

I snapped about 9 pictures. Crickets. The "emergency tent" is up in a parking lot across the street. A gowned worker is wandering around outside. A handful of cars in the street parking lot. ER lot empty. Main entrance, one car in the circle drive. Tower parking no where near full. ER entrance no one arriving. No one waiting outside. No ambulances except 2 parked sitting idle in a lot. None pulling in. No workers around. No people clamoring.

FEMA just sent out tons of PPE over the weekend- gowns, masks, etc. Why are they saying there are shortages?

Level I Trauma Center: The highest-level designation possible by the state of Illinois is based on our strong resources and the number of patients we treat. Advocate Christ has the busiest Level I Trauma Center in Illinois
So where are the pictures? I have friends in New York, they say this is very real and serious. They are overcrowded and they are short on supplies. I think I'll believe them over you. Enjoy your conspiracy theories.
First, I'm not here to convince or prove anything to anyone. Second, I have them posted on one of my accounts and I don't want the MC detectives reverse searching me. I've heard too many stories about nut jobs sending police to members houses for "wellness checks" after storms and the like. Far too creepy.

I'm saying this to encourage people to do their own research instead of being led by the nose as to what to think. Don't believe me. I don't want you to. Just go look around. Check social media and see what others are seeing in other parts of the country.

You might want to poke your head up and check out reality. See what people are seeing. Go to your own local hospital. See for yourself. Or that might upset the narrative you've bought into hook, line and sinker. So ... maybe don't go look.

Seeing no one at these hospitals isn't a conspiracy theory. It's a little thing called facts. I know certain groups struggle with those and are much more comfortable in baseless emotion and drama.
My neighbor is on the board of one of our largest hospital systems. I'll trust what's coming from him before I'd ever trust anything from a conspiracy supporter, especially one who's not willing to share because they're afraid of being "found".

Maybe Jake from SHA was right.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:59 pm The President had his son-in-law, a nepotism hire whose most meaningful experience pre-White House was as a nepotism hire real estate developer at his felon father’s company, serve us a word salad. The anecdote at the end about NY Public Hospitals only serves to underscore that they’re scrambling and reactive rather than pro-active, which I somehow don’t think was what Jare Bear was going for.

It is ridiculous that he is even involved. I do not care or value what he has to say at all.
Yeah - I definitely thought that was weird.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm Everyone needs to get a grip and stop getting whipped up by the media. QUESTION EVERYTHING. They are the ones escalating this "crisis". They're posting fake pictures, then claiming "editing error". CBS just did it. Another network just ran some picture of caskets lined up in cold storage or something. It was the scene from some movie! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Start asking questions. Start looking at other sources such as Instagram. See what actual people on the street are seeing and saying. People around the country, especially in areas that are allegedly having these shortages, such as N.Y. "the epicentre" and L.A. "hard hit" are filming no activity. Cedars Sinai in L.A. - ghost town.

People have physically gone and taken live video. It's all ghost towns. No one is in line for testing which everyone keeps screaming about. There's no people piling into the ER. The parking lots aren't jammed with cars - they're sparse. There's no ambulances piling into the ER. The streets are dead. Everything is quiet. It's the same in the UK. People are hitting the streets to see for themselves.

For the third time this week I went to my local hospital - a level 1 trauma. Below is a description of this facility. It's located just outside of the city. The 40 gunshot victims getting popped around the city every weekend that you hear about are usually taken here. There's a serious medical need, it's coming here.

I snapped about 9 pictures. Crickets. The "emergency tent" is up in a parking lot across the street. A gowned worker is wandering around outside. A handful of cars in the street parking lot. ER lot empty. Main entrance, one car in the circle drive. Tower parking no where near full. ER entrance no one arriving. No one waiting outside. No ambulances except 2 parked sitting idle in a lot. None pulling in. No workers around. No people clamoring.

FEMA just sent out tons of PPE over the weekend- gowns, masks, etc. Why are they saying there are shortages?

Level I Trauma Center: The highest-level designation possible by the state of Illinois is based on our strong resources and the number of patients we treat. Advocate Christ has the busiest Level I Trauma Center in Illinois
So where are the pictures? I have friends in New York, they say this is very real and serious. They are overcrowded and they are short on supplies. I think I'll believe them over you. Enjoy your conspiracy theories.
First, I'm not here to convince or prove anything to anyone. Second, I have them posted on one of my accounts and I don't want the MC detectives reverse searching me. I've heard too many stories about nut jobs sending police to members houses for "wellness checks" after storms and the like. Far too creepy.

I'm saying this to encourage people to do their own research instead of being led by the nose as to what to think. Don't believe me. I don't want you to. Just go look around. Check social media and see what others are seeing in other parts of the country.

You might want to poke your head up and check out reality. See what people are seeing. Go to your own local hospital. See for yourself. Or that might upset the narrative you've bought into hook, line and sinker. So ... maybe don't go look.

Seeing no one at these hospitals isn't a conspiracy theory. It's a little thing called facts. I know certain groups struggle with those and are much more comfortable in baseless emotion and drama.
There is so much none of us knew about when the scope and reality of this situation first began. There are times to blame and times to realize that our "fearless leaders" are just as fearful, scared, and overwhelmed as the rest of us. Only for them, it's a matter of not just ensuring the safety and well-being of family and loved ones (they do that too).

These leaders have the ominous task of taking care of an entire city, to a state, and to a country (all depending). I think cutting some slack is in order in many respects.

I do feel the press and media are continuing to play their games for stories as I feel the same when it comes to social media and just fighting to fight.

Me? I went to the grocery store today (after being home other than a walk or two with my husband to get out of the house all masked/gloved up for several weeks) and was free from the restraints of the home. I was excited enough about that. But when we found toilet paper, you would have thought we had found gold.

In some ways, we did.

That is MY reality as I am sure it is for many.

There are rumors, speculations, studies on this and that, second-guesses...all in the name of a virus that no one saw coming and changing our world possibly forever in so many respects.

People will believe what they wish to. It brings them comfort, I suppose, and makes them feel they have answers.

Truth is, though, NONE of us have all the answers to the horror that our lives...our world...is dealing with.

The "comforts" will be few right now but they will feel SO good at the same time.

Case in point, finding TP!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So when doctors and nurses from inside those hospitals are posting on social media about dying patients and their lack of PPE, what do those little things called facts do to your Infowars-like idea that hospitals aren’t busy simply because they aren’t buzzing with activity outdoors?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

GOD DAMNED "fearless leader", the President of the United States of America, downplayed it for months after knowing about those reports from January and February, but he was so hung up on believing HE is solely responsible for high stock markets and low unemployment, he wasn't about to reveal to his constituents the real truth. All while doing nothing but sitting on those short little thumbs and spinning his version. Thank you Tea Party. And thank you left wing idgits.

I'd vote for a pet rock at this point, but I'd never vote for that imbecile again.
306/232

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:15 am

My neighbor is on the board of one of our largest hospital systems. I'll trust what's coming from him before I'd ever trust anything from a conspiracy supporter, especially one who's not willing to share because they're afraid of being "found".

As I've already said, I'm not here to convince anyone. I have nothing to prove to strangers on the Internet.

My entire point is to encourage everyone to think for themselves, which there seems to be a lack of happening. Do your own research. Question what's being fed to you.

Even a dog has enough sense to sniff something before he consumes it. I just hate to see such a large number of individuals becoming more petrified than they need to be. This is all scary enough without being amped up. There are many people that are at an 11 on the anxiety scale. It sucks to see that happen to people.

Yes this is very serious and yes we should take precautions, but by no means is this the bedlam that the news is trying to convince the weak minded that it is. I don't ever let anyone else dictate what I think. I don't want others to do that either.

Facts aren't a conspiracy no matter how may times you try to claim they are. They're simply facts. You can't make them go away because you don't like them.

I have an idea - you put your contact information up here for everyone to see! Then I'll dox myself. Deal?

I have no idea what your last sentence is regarding.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am GOD DAMNED "fearless leader", the President of the United States of America, downplayed it for months after knowing about those reports from January and February, but he was so hung up on believing HE is solely responsible for high stock markets and low unemployment, he wasn't about to reveal to his constituents the real truth. All while doing nothing but sitting on those short little thumbs and spinning his version. Thank you Tea Party. And thank you left wing idgits.

I'd vote for a pet rock at this point, but I'd never vote for that imbecile again.
It’s wild that the President - who freely chose a job knowing that the lives and safety of millions of people would be on his shoulders - can lie and downplay for months while failing to ensure adequate test supplies, medical equipment and PPE would be available even while finding the time for golf, vacations and rallies, but somehow the press and media are the ones “playing games” for...reporting those facts.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:21 am

There is so much none of us knew about when the scope and reality of this situation first began. There are times to blame and times to realize that our "fearless leaders" are just as fearful, scared, and overwhelmed as the rest of us. Only for them, it's a matter of not just ensuring the safety and well-being of family and loved ones (they do that too).

These leaders have the ominous task of taking care of an entire city, to a state, and to a country (all depending). I think cutting some slack is in order in many respects.

I do feel the press and media are continuing to play their games for stories as I feel the same when it comes to social media and just fighting to fight.

Me? I went to the grocery store today (after being home other than a walk or two with my husband to get out of the house all masked/gloved up for several weeks) and was free from the restraints of the home. I was excited enough about that. But when we found toilet paper, you would have thought we had found gold.

In some ways, we did.

There are rumors, speculations, studies on this and that, second-guesses...all in the name of a virus that no one saw coming and changing our world possibly forever in so many respects.

People will believe what they wish to. It brings them comfort, I suppose, and makes them feel they have answers.

Truth is, though, NONE of us have all the answers to the horror that our lives...our world...is dealing with.

The "comforts" will be few right now but they will feel SO good at the same time.

LOL - yes TP is like cigarettes in prison these days!

That's exactly it. That's what's making me crazy about this whole thing is the uncertainty. This thing lives on surfaces for 14 days, then 3 days. It replicates rapidly. It's all these doctors and scientist trying to guess the best they can at the behavior of something they've never seen.

And the fact that we're left to play catch up is unnerving. I honest to Pete can't imagine the pressure that this entire team is under from the President to the scientists to the support staff and everyone in between. The literal fate of a nation rests on these people's heads.

It's this unknown, this ambiguity and complete lack of anything concrete that's driven me to really start digging into things and questioning so many things that don't add up. There's enough noise and chatter just by virtue of this thing being what it is, with the ever changing information.
It's all so unstable.

I can't deal with all of the conflicting information as it is, and my irritation is exacerbated by the media whipping things up and promoting false information. It's just unnecessary when there's so many on the edge right now as it is.

I guess my doing my own recon and research is making me feel a bit more in control and stable with this whole thing, which is why I'm encouraging people to ask questions and dig for themselves.

I'm glad to hear that you and the family are well and that you're finding joy in 12 packs of the white stuff! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:15 am

As I've already said, I'm not here to convince anyone. I have nothing to prove to strangers on the Internet.

My entire point is to encourage everyone to think for themselves, which there seems to be a lack of happening. Do your own research. Question what's being fed to you.

Even a dog has enough sense to sniff something before he consumes it. I just hate to see such a large number of individuals becoming more petrified than they need to be. This is all scary enough without being amped up. There are many people that are at an 11 on the anxiety scale. It sucks to see that happen to people.

Yes this is very serious and yes we should take precautions, but by no means is this the bedlam that the news is trying to convince the weak minded that it is. I don't ever let anyone else dictate what I think. I don't want others to do that either.

Facts aren't a conspiracy no matter how may times you try to claim they are. They're simply facts. You can't make them go away because you don't like them.

I have an idea - you put your contact information up here for everyone to see! Then I'll dox myself. Deal?

I have no idea what your last sentence is regarding.
At this point, it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to find out you're a QAnon or 4Chan member. That's exactly how you've been coming across.

You have nothing to prove to strangers on the internet, but you sure do offer up a lot of propagandized phrases.

I have done my research, as has Carpy - one of the most and least respected Conservatives in this forum. Why don't you talk with her about this? Her niece might have a little more insight than you.
306/232

Deleted User 203

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:54 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:21 am

In some ways, we did.

LOL - yes TP is like cigarettes in prison these days!

That's exactly it. That's what's making me crazy about this whole thing is the uncertainty. This thing lives on surfaces for 14 days, then 3 days. It replicates rapidly. It's all these doctors and scientist trying to guess the best they can at the behavior of something they've never seen.

And the fact that we're left to play catch up is unnerving. I honest to Pete can't imagine the pressure that this entire team is under from the President to the scientists to the support staff and everyone in between. The literal fate of a nation rests on these people's heads.

It's this unknown, this ambiguity and complete lack of anything concrete that's driven me to really start digging into things and questioning so many things that don't add up. There's enough noise and chatter just by virtue of this thing being what it is, with the ever changing information.
It's all so unstable.

I can't deal with all of the conflicting information as it is, and my irritation is exacerbated by the media whipping things up and promoting false information. It's just unnecessary when there's so many on the edge right now as it is.

I guess my doing my own recon and research is making me feel a bit more in control and stable with this whole thing, which is why I'm encouraging people to ask questions and dig for themselves.

I'm glad to hear that you and the family are well and that you're finding joy in 12 packs of the white stuff! :)
4 mega rolls of toilet paper. *sigh lol But hey, we'll take what we can!

The conflicting information, at times changing daily, is VERY confusing and frustrating. It doesn't help this extremely scary situation and new way of living we're all dealing with.

I don't think President Trump took any of this as seriously as he should early on. I also believe he's stepped in many poo piles along the way with his usual "charming" rhetoric that often falls flat and especially in a time like this.

But I cannot begin to image what position HE, along with the various Covid teams including the CDC and WHO, are going through. Could I run things better? Could I have handled this better?

Who is to say and because again, we are all in this together. And this includes the leader of this country, his "team," and every states' local governments.

The media/press love to sell a story and the juicier the better. There are many who are simply reporting the news. But there are many more who are looking for the most sensationalized version of that truth and as usual, President Trump plays into their hands or has it out with them which are BOTH the wrong way to go about it.

We need to all stay informed and even demand that we are kept better informed. But the reality is simple...it doesn't matter how former U.S. presidents would have handled this. They're not the CiC at this time that is not only frightening, it's also historical.

Keep digging and sleuthing. That's a huge part of how we'll all get through this.....by continuing to educate ourselves as our "leaders" and experts are doing the same.

I hope you and your family are doing well and I thank you for your well wishes. :) <3
Locked Previous topicNext topic