Coronavirus: Trump says states' 'insatiable appetite' for safety equipment is political despite medics pleading for more

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:03 pm
californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:16 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:11 pm This is so disturbing. How can our President take such a dismissive attitude when medical staff are now intubating their co-workers who get infected from lack of PPE. The Federal Government is not a "backup" during a national emergency. They should be leading.
Dh has actually banned me from watching the daily briefings unless Dr. Fauci is speaking. He's the only person who seems to even have a gdmn clue about how bad things are and could get. Trump still pretty much lives in fantasy land and is focused on the wrong things. It's maddening.
Some stations are removing the Trump part and just putting the doctors and other experts on live. Too much disinformation and talking about himself. He gives a daily report on all the compliments he’s getting. Gives himself an A+ like there’s something wrong with him.
There IS something wrong with him. I think he's lost touch with reality. Like mentally ill, not just a pathological narcissist.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm
Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am GOD DAMNED "fearless leader", the President of the United States of America, downplayed it for months after knowing about those reports from January and February, but he was so hung up on believing HE is solely responsible for high stock markets and low unemployment, he wasn't about to reveal to his constituents the real truth. All while doing nothing but sitting on those short little thumbs and spinning his version. Thank you Tea Party. And thank you left wing idgits.

I'd vote for a pet rock at this point, but I'd never vote for that imbecile again.
Like when he told everyone to go to the theatre, ride the subway etc...oh wait.
I don't want that imbecile either. But why not respond to the point of what I said? He was so hung up on believing HE is some kind of superman, he ignored it, downplayed it, and had to be lavished in praise (because that's his personality) before he finally realized his campaign would be in danger over it.

Looks like I'm going to be voting for a pet rock. I wonder if I can find a cute one, lol.
Because you already know I don't agree.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am GOD DAMNED "fearless leader", the President of the United States of America, downplayed it for months after knowing about those reports from January and February, but he was so hung up on believing HE is solely responsible for high stock markets and low unemployment, he wasn't about to reveal to his constituents the real truth. All while doing nothing but sitting on those short little thumbs and spinning his version. Thank you Tea Party. And thank you left wing idgits.

I'd vote for a pet rock at this point, but I'd never vote for that imbecile again.
He said it was a democratic hoax. He said it was just the flu. So he might as well as told people to go to the theater, ride the subway, etc. Because he said it was a hoax.
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:56 pm

I don't want that imbecile either. But why not respond to the point of what I said? He was so hung up on believing HE is some kind of superman, he ignored it, downplayed it, and had to be lavished in praise (because that's his personality) before he finally realized his campaign would be in danger over it.

Looks like I'm going to be voting for a pet rock. I wonder if I can find a cute one, lol.
How is that possible?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:05 pm

He said it was a democratic hoax. He said it was just the flu. So he might as well as told people to go to the theater, ride the subway, etc. Because he said it was a hoax.
We all know by now that isn't true
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lingev wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm
Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:56 pm

How is that possible?
Because we've talked about it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:52 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm Everyone needs to get a grip and stop getting whipped up by the media. QUESTION EVERYTHING. They are the ones escalating this "crisis". They're posting fake pictures, then claiming "editing error". CBS just did it. Another network just ran some picture of caskets lined up in cold storage or something. It was the scene from some movie! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Start asking questions. Start looking at other sources such as Instagram. See what actual people on the street are seeing and saying. People around the country, especially in areas that are allegedly having these shortages, such as N.Y. "the epicentre" and L.A. "hard hit" are filming no activity. Cedars Sinai in L.A. - ghost town.

People have physically gone and taken live video. It's all ghost towns. No one is in line for testing which everyone keeps screaming about. There's no people piling into the ER. The parking lots aren't jammed with cars - they're sparse. There's no ambulances piling into the ER. The streets are dead. Everything is quiet. It's the same in the UK. People are hitting the streets to see for themselves.

For the third time this week I went to my local hospital - a level 1 trauma. Below is a description of this facility. It's located just outside of the city. The 40 gunshot victims getting popped around the city every weekend that you hear about are usually taken here. There's a serious medical need, it's coming here.

I snapped about 9 pictures. Crickets. The "emergency tent" is up in a parking lot across the street. A gowned worker is wandering around outside. A handful of cars in the street parking lot. ER lot empty. Main entrance, one car in the circle drive. Tower parking no where near full. ER entrance no one arriving. No one waiting outside. No ambulances except 2 parked sitting idle in a lot. None pulling in. No workers around. No people clamoring.

FEMA just sent out tons of PPE over the weekend- gowns, masks, etc. Why are they saying there are shortages?

Level I Trauma Center: The highest-level designation possible by the state of Illinois is based on our strong resources and the number of patients we treat. Advocate Christ has the busiest Level I Trauma Center in Illinois
Question the media by watching conspiracy theorist videos on Instagram about supposedly dead hospitals? How ridiculous. Why would the parking lots be full? Elective surgeries are cancelled and patients can’t have family with them. If there aren’t long lines for tests, it’s because there’s a shortage of them and Illinois therefore has to have stringent criteria: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/sites/defau ... 200304.pdf. You’re only getting tested if you’re symptomatic and have been in contact with a lab-tested confirmed positive case or if you’re symptomatic and have travelled to an international hotspot or if neither criteria above is met, you’re in such bad shape you require hospitalization.

If this is supposedly exaggerated by the media, why is Trump going along with publicizing a death toll that could reach the tens to hundreds of thousands? Are countless doctors and nurses in on it? Enlighten us all on how what you call the “crisis” is fake and why Trump would perpetuate it rather than golfing and rallying, as he prefers to do.

Doctors and nurses all over the country are reporting shortages. Whatever FEMA sent out is a drop in the bucket. Even Fox is acknowledging some states got less than 10% of what they requested: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/corona ... -by-states. Rather than proactively prepare for this in January and February, the federal government scrambling now - there still isn’t widespread testing, and there’s a serious PPE shortage.
There is no shortage of tests. There is a shortage of lab workers analyzing the tests.
My source, is my biochemist niece who heads infectious diseases at 4 huge hospitals in a big city.
There are still ample news stories about the amount of tests hospitals have being insufficient. The lack of testing at the beginning of this created a huge backlog, and if Trump Admin officials said last year the threat of a flu pandemic kept them up at night, shouldn’t they have prepared for one by ensuring sufficient capacity to test in a timely manner? It seems hard to believe such a thing was entirely possible in South Korea but such an epic failure in the United States.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yep. Go to the parade too ... Oh wait ...

I love that there's video of these soulless pricks encouraging people to be out, be in crowds AFTER Trump was already moving on the travel ban. Using that as a way to criticize and undermine him again. Refer to him as a racist and xenophobe. Now trying to convene yet another investigation because he didn't do enough. Are you kidding me? How ANYONE can still support the democratic party is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

Just because they want to pretend it didn't happen that they were encouraging people to be in crowds after they knew what we were dealing with doesn't make the evidence disappear.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:53 pm

Yep. Go to the parade too ... Oh wait ...

I love that there's video of these soulless pricks encouraging people to be out, be in crowds AFTER Trump was already moving on the travel ban. Using that as a way to criticize and undermine him again. Refer to him as a racist and xenophobe. Now trying to convene yet another investigation because he didn't do enough. Are you kidding me? How ANYONE can still support the democratic party is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

Just because they want to pretend it didn't happen that they were encouraging people to be in crowds after they knew what we were dealing with doesn't make the evidence disappear.
After his travel restriction (not ban), Trump proceeded to downplay the risk of coronavirus, didn’t ensure there would be adequate testing capacity or production of PPE and equipment, held crowded rallies, kept his club open (where him and several members of his staff came into contact with infected people) so he could go on a golf vacation and has lied and bumbled his way through this. Lol, no amount of revisionist history erases those facts, no matter how badly Trump supporters want to insist he’s handled this appropriately.

Trump claimed this week he’s known how bad it could be from the beginning, and yet he did all of the above. Sounds a lot like a “soulless prick”, to use your charming phrase.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:44 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:05 pm

We all know by now that isn't true
We all know he didn't call the actual virus a hoax but he did call the warnings about it a hoax.
Locked Previous topicNext topic