Coronavirus: Trump says states' 'insatiable appetite' for safety equipment is political despite medics pleading for more

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:31 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:10 am

I can't even right now. My head just keeps repeating the scene from the movie Sweet Home Alabama where Jake calls Melanie a "hoity-toity yankee bitch".
😂😂😂😂

Normally I wouldn’t go there but she most certainly has earned that title by behaving like a walking stereotype and just as oblivious to it as Trump.
Normally, I wouldn't either, although I have a LOT of cousins in the Northeast and we tease each other about our accents. I tease Carpy about her accent - she sounds like she's from the south, lol. My youngest son says anyone outside the Florida line is a "yankee". He knows that's not true, but he's "FLO-Grown", so...G-d help me. I'm going to lose what little mind I have left. :twisted:
I have a dear friend up north who calls me for soul food recipes. We always laugh because she puts a “yankee” twist to it and how we eat too much pork in the south.

It’s so better when we appreciate our differences be finding fault.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:31 am

😂😂😂😂

Normally I wouldn’t go there but she most certainly has earned that title by behaving like a walking stereotype and just as oblivious to it as Trump.
Normally, I wouldn't either, although I have a LOT of cousins in the Northeast and we tease each other about our accents. I tease Carpy about her accent - she sounds like she's from the south, lol. My youngest son says anyone outside the Florida line is a "yankee". He knows that's not true, but he's "FLO-Grown", so...G-d help me. I'm going to lose what little mind I have left. :twisted:
I have a dear friend up north who calls me for soul food recipes. We always laugh because she puts a “yankee” twist to it and how we eat too much pork in the south.

It’s so better when we appreciate our differences be finding fault.
Too much pork!? Never! lol I love my bacon, and the flavor the "grease" adds to dishes. I love a smoked pork butt. I love slow cooked pork ribs. I love pulled pork sandwiches. I love spicy pork rinds. Touch my pork and we'll have issues, lol.

It is. I love their pizza and their steak and cheese sandwiches. And give me a hotdog from up that way any day. We're a family, no matter our differences.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 am To be fair- she is not wrong about GA's governor at ALL. I live in the burbs of Atlanta- the freaking HOME of the CDC. It is literally smack dab in the middle of downtown where the capital building is. Kemp has done an appalling job with this virus. Appalling. The mayor of Atlanta went against him and ordered a shelter in place for the city of Atlanta weeks ago. He told her not to do it. She did it anyway. Fulton County ordered a SIP after he said no. Dekalb County ordered a SIP after he said no...as did Cobb county and a multitude of others. He has been dragging his feet ordering a SIP for weeks. Due to his incompetence- we have over 5,000 cases in GA with 176 deaths as of last night. There are over 1000 people hospitalized. Our hospitals are over-run, our doctors/nurses don't have equipment they need and Kemp announced yesterday that he did not know it could be trasmitted asymptomatically.. BS! Again- the CDC is HERE. I can guarantee he knew, he is playing dumb and it is not okay.
The state should have been shut down a long time ago. Period. He has a huge list of essential workers and it is basically everybody. Seriously. Nothing is going to change in GA because his list is insane. Parks are still open, restaurants are curbside or delivery, all retail is basically still open unless that business took it upon themselves to close...he is a smaller version of Trump. Oh, and not to mention our lovely senator that should be convicted for insider trading. Guess who won't be re-elected? Brian Kemp and Kelly Loeffler. They are a disgrace to this southern state. Residents of GA are calling for their heads right now.
I've noticed her penchant for dogging the south..However, in this instance she is not wrong that there are southern governors that fell down on the job and are now scrambling.. Kemp and DeSantis failed...Period.
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:19 am

Read the damn maps. Shelter in place for the entire state does not mean no action was taken at all. Bottom line, the response times are not limited to the south.

And NY is the epicenter, so Cumo didn’t respond as quickly as he should have either. So what is your point?

Lastly, this is a consistent pattern for you, long before now and I am not the only one who has told you that.

So please help me understand why is it weird to be offended by a bigoted attitude. Is it weird to be offended by racism too? Or am I only allowed to be offended when it fits your left leaning political agenda?

Doesn’t work that way.
To be fair.....I did not say she was lying on GA and I called out Mississippi’s governor for pulling the same bullshit on another thread.

I’m talking about her bigoted attitude towards the south. I could understand if this was not a pattern for her but that is not the case. And the common “I am just speaking facts” excuse doesn’t give anyone a pass to behave that way.

I can and do have a problem with both.....period. 🙂
I have seen her attitude about the south. I get it. However, in this instance ( this post) I have no issue at all with her comments. She is right. The ones that have truly bungled it are from the south. Compared to other response times, the southern governors that are in Trump's back pocket have been dismal and slow to act. Hell, Kemp ordered a SIP until the 13th to go into effect today at 6 pm..that is a whopping 10 days. Really?? It is asinine. Most of the Metro ATL counties have been SIP for weeks already.
I'm a born and raised GA girl. I've lived here for 41 of my 45 years ( 4 years in ND when DH was in the AF). I love the south. I do NOT hold any illusions at how ass backwards it can be though. I think Lemons is spot on this time in regards to her opinion. I never thought I would ever agree with Lemons on anything regarding the south in all honesty. *shrugs*
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:21 am
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 am To be fair- she is not wrong about GA's governor at ALL. I live in the burbs of Atlanta- the freaking HOME of the CDC. It is literally smack dab in the middle of downtown where the capital building is. Kemp has done an appalling job with this virus. Appalling. The mayor of Atlanta went against him and ordered a shelter in place for the city of Atlanta weeks ago. He told her not to do it. She did it anyway. Fulton County ordered a SIP after he said no. Dekalb County ordered a SIP after he said no...as did Cobb county and a multitude of others. He has been dragging his feet ordering a SIP for weeks. Due to his incompetence- we have over 5,000 cases in GA with 176 deaths as of last night. There are over 1000 people hospitalized. Our hospitals are over-run, our doctors/nurses don't have equipment they need and Kemp announced yesterday that he did not know it could be trasmitted asymptomatically.. BS! Again- the CDC is HERE. I can guarantee he knew, he is playing dumb and it is not okay.
The state should have been shut down a long time ago. Period. He has a huge list of essential workers and it is basically everybody. Seriously. Nothing is going to change in GA because his list is insane. Parks are still open, restaurants are curbside or delivery, all retail is basically still open unless that business took it upon themselves to close...he is a smaller version of Trump. Oh, and not to mention our lovely senator that should be convicted for insider trading. Guess who won't be re-elected? Brian Kemp and Kelly Loeffler. They are a disgrace to this southern state. Residents of GA are calling for their heads right now.
I've noticed her penchant for dogging the south..However, in this instance she is not wrong that there are southern governors that fell down on the job and are now scrambling.. Kemp and DeSantis failed...Period.
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:19 am

Read the damn maps. Shelter in place for the entire state does not mean no action was taken at all. Bottom line, the response times are not limited to the south.

And NY is the epicenter, so Cumo didn’t respond as quickly as he should have either. So what is your point?

Lastly, this is a consistent pattern for you, long before now and I am not the only one who has told you that.

So please help me understand why is it weird to be offended by a bigoted attitude. Is it weird to be offended by racism too? Or am I only allowed to be offended when it fits your left leaning political agenda?

Doesn’t work that way.
They are both Tea Party REPUBLICANS. This isn't something directly tied to the southern states. She is constantly alluding to the ignorance of the south. It gets tiresome.
They are TPR. Agreed.. I've seen her crap. However, tiresome it may be..she is right in this instance. They were slow to act and now these states are suffering. Kemp *is* an ignorant buffoon so she is spot on in regards to his actions. He called for a SIP to go into effect today at 6 pm...weeks after many counties in GA already called SIP. Oh, and to be even better..it is only until the 13th. 10 days. SIP for 10 days when Emory experts have stated the peak for GA will not even be until the end of the month. Yeah..he is an idjit. I never thought I'd ever agree with Lemons about anything regarding the south, but for this? Yeah.. I agree with her. Their lack of urgency has caused a lot of issues. If they had listened to the CDC and the WHO instead of being up Trump's behind things might not be as awful as they are. They certainly did not act as quickly as CA, NY or NJ that is for sure.
Claire
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 pm

To be fair.....I did not say she was lying on GA and I called out Mississippi’s governor for pulling the same bullshit on another thread.

I’m talking about her bigoted attitude towards the south. I could understand if this was not a pattern for her but that is not the case. And the common “I am just speaking facts” excuse doesn’t give anyone a pass to behave that way.

I have seen her attitude about the south. I get it. However, in this instance ( this post) I have no issue at all with her comments. She is right. The ones that have truly bungled it are from the south. Compared to other response times, the southern governors that are in Trump's back pocket have been dismal and slow to act. Hell, Kemp ordered a SIP until the 13th to go into effect today at 6 pm..that is a whopping 10 days. Really?? It is asinine. Most of the Metro ATL counties have been SIP for weeks already.
I'm a born and raised GA girl. I've lived here for 41 of my 45 years ( 4 years in ND when DH was in the AF). I love the south. I do NOT hold any illusions at how ass backwards it can be though. I think Lemons is spot on this time in regards to her opinion. I never thought I would ever agree with Lemons on anything regarding the south in all honesty. *shrugs*
I’m Black from Mississippi and raised by a family who survived times people read about in history books. I’ve done extensive work trying to offset the fall out and our “ass backwards” challenges in the south in my family and my community.

You are in no place or position to even imply that I have illusions about what goes on down here. That is not somewhere you want to go with me as I have well past paid my dues in that area.

I will say this one more time. I am not from nor live in GA, so I can only speak from MS and Texas. I have already told you that I have acknowledged the bullshit going on in Mississippi and how extremely serious is is, so I don’t I disagree with her on that. You acknowledged she has a pattern of dogging the south.

I have a problem with both, even if you don’t as it relates to this topic.

I am more than happy to have a conversation with you about this but do you have something else to add other than stuff I did not say or agree with?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 pm

I’m Black from Mississippi and raised by a family who survived times people read about in history books. I’ve done extensive work trying to offset the fall out and our “ass backwards” challenges in the south in my family and my community.

You are in no place or position to even imply that I have illusions about what goes on down here. That is not somewhere you want to go with me as I have well past paid my dues in that area.

I will say this one more time. I am not from nor live in GA, so I can only speak from MS and Texas. I have already told you that I have acknowledged the bullshit going on in Mississippi and how extremely serious is is, so I don’t I disagree with her on that. You acknowledged she has a pattern of dogging the south.

I have a problem with both, even if you don’t as it relates to this topic.

I am more than happy to have a conversation with you about this but do you have something else to add other than stuff I did not say or agree with?
Oh Southern,
I never meant to imply you haven't done things to offset things that happen in the south. I was saying *I* personally have no illusions unlike many southerners that are all " ride or die" in regards to the rebel flag ,etc.. we still have a long way to go down here at times. I did not mean to insult you at all. I'm very sorry as I see now how my response reads. *hangs head in shame*
Claire
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm Everyone needs to get a grip and stop getting whipped up by the media. QUESTION EVERYTHING. They are the ones escalating this "crisis". They're posting fake pictures, then claiming "editing error". CBS just did it. Another network just ran some picture of caskets lined up in cold storage or something. It was the scene from some movie! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Start asking questions. Start looking at other sources such as Instagram. See what actual people on the street are seeing and saying. People around the country, especially in areas that are allegedly having these shortages, such as N.Y. "the epicentre" and L.A. "hard hit" are filming no activity. Cedars Sinai in L.A. - ghost town.

People have physically gone and taken live video. It's all ghost towns. No one is in line for testing which everyone keeps screaming about. There's no people piling into the ER. The parking lots aren't jammed with cars - they're sparse. There's no ambulances piling into the ER. The streets are dead. Everything is quiet. It's the same in the UK. People are hitting the streets to see for themselves.

For the third time this week I went to my local hospital - a level 1 trauma. Below is a description of this facility. It's located just outside of the city. The 40 gunshot victims getting popped around the city every weekend that you hear about are usually taken here. There's a serious medical need, it's coming here.

I snapped about 9 pictures. Crickets. The "emergency tent" is up in a parking lot across the street. A gowned worker is wandering around outside. A handful of cars in the street parking lot. ER lot empty. Main entrance, one car in the circle drive. Tower parking no where near full. ER entrance no one arriving. No one waiting outside. No ambulances except 2 parked sitting idle in a lot. None pulling in. No workers around. No people clamoring.

FEMA just sent out tons of PPE over the weekend- gowns, masks, etc. Why are they saying there are shortages?

Level I Trauma Center: The highest-level designation possible by the state of Illinois is based on our strong resources and the number of patients we treat. Advocate Christ has the busiest Level I Trauma Center in Illinois
Question the media by watching conspiracy theorist videos on Instagram about supposedly dead hospitals? How ridiculous. Why would the parking lots be full? Elective surgeries are cancelled and patients can’t have family with them. If there aren’t long lines for tests, it’s because there’s a shortage of them and Illinois therefore has to have stringent criteria: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/sites/defau ... 200304.pdf. You’re only getting tested if you’re symptomatic and have been in contact with a lab-tested confirmed positive case or if you’re symptomatic and have travelled to an international hotspot or if neither criteria above is met, you’re in such bad shape you require hospitalization.

If this is supposedly exaggerated by the media, why is Trump going along with publicizing a death toll that could reach the tens to hundreds of thousands? Are countless doctors and nurses in on it? Enlighten us all on how what you call the “crisis” is fake and why Trump would perpetuate it rather than golfing and rallying, as he prefers to do.

Doctors and nurses all over the country are reporting shortages. Whatever FEMA sent out is a drop in the bucket. Even Fox is acknowledging some states got less than 10% of what they requested: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/corona ... -by-states. Rather than proactively prepare for this in January and February, the federal government scrambling now - there still isn’t widespread testing, and there’s a serious PPE shortage.
There is no shortage of tests. There is a shortage of lab workers analyzing the tests.
My source, is my biochemist niece who heads infectious diseases at 4 huge hospitals in a big city.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 am
Crimson417 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm Everyone needs to get a grip and stop getting whipped up by the media. QUESTION EVERYTHING. They are the ones escalating this "crisis". They're posting fake pictures, then claiming "editing error". CBS just did it. Another network just ran some picture of caskets lined up in cold storage or something. It was the scene from some movie! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Start asking questions. Start looking at other sources such as Instagram. See what actual people on the street are seeing and saying. People around the country, especially in areas that are allegedly having these shortages, such as N.Y. "the epicentre" and L.A. "hard hit" are filming no activity. Cedars Sinai in L.A. - ghost town.

People have physically gone and taken live video. It's all ghost towns. No one is in line for testing which everyone keeps screaming about. There's no people piling into the ER. The parking lots aren't jammed with cars - they're sparse. There's no ambulances piling into the ER. The streets are dead. Everything is quiet. It's the same in the UK. People are hitting the streets to see for themselves.

For the third time this week I went to my local hospital - a level 1 trauma. Below is a description of this facility. It's located just outside of the city. The 40 gunshot victims getting popped around the city every weekend that you hear about are usually taken here. There's a serious medical need, it's coming here.

I snapped about 9 pictures. Crickets. The "emergency tent" is up in a parking lot across the street. A gowned worker is wandering around outside. A handful of cars in the street parking lot. ER lot empty. Main entrance, one car in the circle drive. Tower parking no where near full. ER entrance no one arriving. No one waiting outside. No ambulances except 2 parked sitting idle in a lot. None pulling in. No workers around. No people clamoring.

FEMA just sent out tons of PPE over the weekend- gowns, masks, etc. Why are they saying there are shortages?

Level I Trauma Center: The highest-level designation possible by the state of Illinois is based on our strong resources and the number of patients we treat. Advocate Christ has the busiest Level I Trauma Center in Illinois
So where are the pictures? I have friends in New York, they say this is very real and serious. They are overcrowded and they are short on supplies. I think I'll believe them over you. Enjoy your conspiracy theories.
First, I'm not here to convince or prove anything to anyone. Second, I have them posted on one of my accounts and I don't want the MC detectives reverse searching me. I've heard too many stories about nut jobs sending police to members houses for "wellness checks" after storms and the like. Far too creepy.

I'm saying this to encourage people to do their own research instead of being led by the nose as to what to think. Don't believe me. I don't want you to. Just go look around. Check social media and see what others are seeing in other parts of the country.

You might want to poke your head up and check out reality. See what people are seeing. Go to your own local hospital. See for yourself. Or that might upset the narrative you've bought into hook, line and sinker. So ... maybe don't go look.

Seeing no one at these hospitals isn't a conspiracy theory. It's a little thing called facts. I know certain groups struggle with those and are much more comfortable in baseless emotion and drama.
It's like breaking into fort Knox to even get in a hospital. Visitors pretty much aren't allowed.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am GOD DAMNED "fearless leader", the President of the United States of America, downplayed it for months after knowing about those reports from January and February, but he was so hung up on believing HE is solely responsible for high stock markets and low unemployment, he wasn't about to reveal to his constituents the real truth. All while doing nothing but sitting on those short little thumbs and spinning his version. Thank you Tea Party. And thank you left wing idgits.

I'd vote for a pet rock at this point, but I'd never vote for that imbecile again.
Like when he told everyone to go to the theatre, ride the subway etc...oh wait.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am GOD DAMNED "fearless leader", the President of the United States of America, downplayed it for months after knowing about those reports from January and February, but he was so hung up on believing HE is solely responsible for high stock markets and low unemployment, he wasn't about to reveal to his constituents the real truth. All while doing nothing but sitting on those short little thumbs and spinning his version. Thank you Tea Party. And thank you left wing idgits.

I'd vote for a pet rock at this point, but I'd never vote for that imbecile again.
Like when he told everyone to go to the theatre, ride the subway etc...oh wait.
I don't want that imbecile either. But why not respond to the point of what I said? He was so hung up on believing HE is some kind of superman, he ignored it, downplayed it, and had to be lavished in praise (because that's his personality) before he finally realized his campaign would be in danger over it.

Looks like I'm going to be voting for a pet rock. I wonder if I can find a cute one, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic