Coronavirus: Trump says states' 'insatiable appetite' for safety equipment is political despite medics pleading for more

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:54 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 pm

I have seen her attitude about the south. I get it. However, in this instance ( this post) I have no issue at all with her comments. She is right. The ones that have truly bungled it are from the south. Compared to other response times, the southern governors that are in Trump's back pocket have been dismal and slow to act. Hell, Kemp ordered a SIP until the 13th to go into effect today at 6 pm..that is a whopping 10 days. Really?? It is asinine. Most of the Metro ATL counties have been SIP for weeks already.
I'm a born and raised GA girl. I've lived here for 41 of my 45 years ( 4 years in ND when DH was in the AF). I love the south. I do NOT hold any illusions at how ass backwards it can be though. I think Lemons is spot on this time in regards to her opinion. I never thought I would ever agree with Lemons on anything regarding the south in all honesty. *shrugs*
I’m Black from Mississippi and raised by a family who survived times people read about in history books. I’ve done extensive work trying to offset the fall out and our “ass backwards” challenges in the south in my family and my community.

You are in no place or position to even imply that I have illusions about what goes on down here. That is not somewhere you want to go with me as I have well past paid my dues in that area.

I will say this one more time. I am not from nor live in GA, so I can only speak from MS and Texas. I have already told you that I have acknowledged the bullshit going on in Mississippi and how extremely serious is is, so I don’t I disagree with her on that. You acknowledged she has a pattern of dogging the south.

I have a problem with both, even if you don’t as it relates to this topic.

I am more than happy to have a conversation with you about this but do you have something else to add other than stuff I did not say or agree with?
Oh Southern,
I never meant to imply you haven't done things to offset things that happen in the south. I was saying *I* personally have no illusions unlike many southerners that are all " ride or die" in regards to the rebel flag ,etc.. we still have a long way to go down here at times. I did not mean to insult you at all. I'm very sorry as I see now how my response reads. *hangs head in shame*
No don’t apologize, thank you for clarifying/understanding. I deleted my other comment I made before seeing this one because it was no longer appropriate. I apologize for that as well. 🤗

I feel strongly about this because a lot of us had to fight the stigma that comes with being both Black and from Mississippi. I just don’t tolerance for either one.

So, I don’t hold a grudge against Lemons. I actually like talking to her when she is not on one and agree with her on other topics. But Im fresh out of passes for her bigoted attitude.

It’s more to it but that’s a convo for another day. :-). I hope this helps clarify why I am adamantly against that.

And trust me, I am there with you on the frustration. It has been reckless.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:56 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm
Carpy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Like when he told everyone to go to the theatre, ride the subway etc...oh wait.
I don't want that imbecile either. But why not respond to the point of what I said? He was so hung up on believing HE is some kind of superman, he ignored it, downplayed it, and had to be lavished in praise (because that's his personality) before he finally realized his campaign would be in danger over it.

Looks like I'm going to be voting for a pet rock. I wonder if I can find a cute one, lol.
Because you already know I don't agree.
And that's okay. We'll still be friends after he loses the election, lol. ;) :P :lol:
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:30 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

I don't want that imbecile either. But why not respond to the point of what I said? He was so hung up on believing HE is some kind of superman, he ignored it, downplayed it, and had to be lavished in praise (because that's his personality) before he finally realized his campaign would be in danger over it.

Looks like I'm going to be voting for a pet rock. I wonder if I can find a cute one, lol.
And that's okay. We'll still be friends after he loses the election, lol. ;) :P :lol:
He's gonna win and I won't tell anyone you're voting for him LOL
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Trump is going to win even after everything?
Omg
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You wish, lol. I'm going to throw my ballot in the bonfire in the back yard, hahaha!
306/232

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You wish, lol. I'm going to throw my ballot in the bonfire in the back yard, hahaha!
I said I'd keep your secret.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:12 pm

I can't vote for him this time. I can't vote for Biden. I'm phucked. Can't we find another for the GOP to support, PLEASE?! I'm begging. I don't beg. I get mad, lol.
306/232

AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 pm

I can't vote for him this time. I can't vote for Biden. I'm phucked. Can't we find another for the GOP to support, PLEASE?! I'm begging. I don't beg. I get mad, lol.
William Weld
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:18 am

William Weld
He dropped out. The republican party is turning into the party of morons. There will be fewer and fewer William Weld's to choose from and more and more Fox News talking heads running in the republican party.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:00 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:18 am

William Weld
He dropped out. The republican party is turning into the party of morons. There will be fewer and fewer William Weld's to choose from and more and more Fox News talking heads running in the republican party.
Damn! When did he do that?
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Locked Previous topicNext topic