Zantac Removed from stores

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/health/z ... index.html
FDA calls for heartburn drug Zantac to be pulled from market immediately
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Canada removed it back in November I believe it was.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Finally. My husband took Zantac for years.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I thought it already was last year? I remember getting rid of what I had left because I take it occasionally. I'm in Canada though..
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That was months ago. My dd and ds switched to Nexium. Dd is on something else too but I can’t remember what it was. She’s 23 and handles that stuff herself.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess I’ll have to live with my heartburn, since I’m allergic to Omeprazol and was advised not to take any -prazol medications.
So apparently milk it is 🙁
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Should have been taken off the market when that contaminate was found in the product. I swear, the FDA should just be eliminated.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 pm I guess I’ll have to live with my heartburn, since I’m allergic to Omeprazol and was advised not to take any -prazol medications.
Try pepcid instead. Zantec never worked for me. Also try some Mastic gum. Either the actual resin drops or capsules. I've been dealing with some pretty horrible reflux to where I was taking OTC prilosec every day. I started taking Mastic gum and it really made a difference. Have you been tested for h.pylori?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thanks! I’ll give it’s a try.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:41 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 pm I guess I’ll have to live with my heartburn, since I’m allergic to Omeprazol and was advised not to take any -prazol medications.
Try pepcid instead. Zantec never worked for me. Also try some Mastic gum. Either the actual resin drops or capsules. I've been dealing with some pretty horrible reflux to where I was taking OTC prilosec every day. I started taking Mastic gum and it really made a difference. Have you been tested for h.pylori?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ya'll are misunderstanding. Some stores and drug companies pulled it last year, not the FDA. Last year is when the FDA announced preliminary tests found the NDMA in it.

"On September 13, 2019, the FDA announced that preliminary tests found low levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in ranitidine, a heartburn medication used by millions of Americans. This week, the drug companies Novartis (through its generic division, Sandoz) and Apotex announced that they were recalling all of their generic ranitidine products sold in the US.

These announcements came after a Connecticut-based online pharmacy informed the FDA that it had detected NDMA in multiple ranitidine products under certain test conditions.

Update, October 1, 2019: Major drugstore chains including CVS and Walgreens are pulling Zantac and other generic versions of the heartburn drug ranitidine from their shelves. You can get FDA updates here."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/pop ... 9092817911
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic