He wants to hang with his boys, mom can't stop him

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If this was my kid, I'd take his keys to the house and tell him that he can't come back home until the stay-at-home order has been lifted. And I'd call the cops if he tried to come inside. And then let him explain to the cops why he's galivanting around the city when he's supposed to be staying home.
He’s 18 and wants to hang with ‘his boys.’ His mom hasn’t been able to stop him.

By
Sydney Trent
March 30, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. EDT
They are sticky notes of surrender, scattered around the house by the anxious mother of a teenager — on the bathroom mirror, the kitchen sink, the cutlery drawer.

“Julian: Wash your hands. 20 sec so we all are fine,” reads the blue one on the microwave. Every now and then, as she has done all his life, she’ll throw in a Bible verse; this week, Psalm 23. “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.... He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.”

For two weeks now, since Loudoun County closed its schools March 12, Julian has been building a fort near the Potomac River with “my boys,” he says, about two dozen seniors who show up randomly, bringing free pallets of wood they’ve spotted on Craigslist and building supplies from Home Depot. Rather than socially distancing, they’ve hammered away for hours before grilling hot dogs and fish they catch in a nearby pond and huddling together “to chill.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/so ... story.html
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've had it up to my eyeballs with young people right now.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

If that were my 18yo, I would be telling the young dumbass to chill down by the river until this thing is over with, take the house key from him and send his ass packing.
Progress, not perfection.
QLuv

Unread post

smh she should just abort him
Deleted User 638

Unread post

He wouldn't be allowed back in the house if he had so little regard for the safety of those who lived there.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:02 pm I've had it up to my eyeballs with young people right now.

Most the young people I know are taking it seriously. The biggest dumbasses I know right now are in their 60's.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So many liars here
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd tell him that he can now live by the river, because he's not coming back in the house. No way am I leaving sticky notes to remind my adult child to wash his hands properly, my six year old does it without reminders.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:38 pm So many liars here

This isn't about an 18 year old dating someone the parents don't like or underage drinking. It's the middle of a pandemic. A family member putting the family at risk for frivolous reasons needs to leave the home until it's over.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:38 pm So many liars here

This isn't about an 18 year old dating someone the parents don't like or underage drinking. It's the middle of a pandemic. A family member putting the family at risk for frivolous reasons needs to leave the home until it's over.
Locked Previous topicNext topic