remember when the lying media blamed Trump because some guy died from ingesting fish tank cleaner?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

THE MEDIA:

Man dies after taking malaria medication touted by Trump as possible cure for coronavirus https://t.co/vyVEjqKihg pic.twitter.com/Gv8v5GZS1B

— The Hill (@thehill) March 24, 2020

NBC News
@NBCNews

Arizona man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus. https://nbcnews.to/2UJwKjF

Axios
@Axios

A man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate- one of the anti-malaria drugs that Trump has mentioned in recent days.

“A Man Died After Self-Medicating With A Drug Trump Promoted As A Potential Treatment For The Coronavirus,”

-Buzzfeed

Man Dies, Woman Hospitalized After Taking Form Of Chloroquine To Prevent COVID-19

-npr

The Guardian: “Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus ‘cure.’”
CBS News: “Arizona man dies, wife ill after taking drug touted as virus treatment: ‘Trump kept saying it was pretty much a cure.’

Arizona Man Dies After Taking Chemical in Coronavirus Treatment Touted by President Trump"

-Time

REALITY:

An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man’s wife also ingested the substance and is under critical care.

The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

BREAKING NEWS:

FDA authorizes emergency use of anti-malarial drugs touted by Trump on COVID-19 patients

https://www.10tv.com/article/fda-author ... s-2020-mar
Deleted User 638

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:01 pm THE MEDIA:

Man dies after taking malaria medication touted by Trump as possible cure for coronavirus https://t.co/vyVEjqKihg pic.twitter.com/Gv8v5GZS1B

NBC News
@NBCNews

Arizona man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus. https://nbcnews.to/2UJwKjF

Axios
@Axios

A man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate- one of the anti-malaria drugs that Trump has mentioned in recent days.

“A Man Died After Self-Medicating With A Drug Trump Promoted As A Potential Treatment For The Coronavirus,”

-Buzzfeed

Man Dies, Woman Hospitalized After Taking Form Of Chloroquine To Prevent COVID-19

-npr

The Guardian: “Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus ‘cure.’”
CBS News: “Arizona man dies, wife ill after taking drug touted as virus treatment: ‘Trump kept saying it was pretty much a cure.’

Arizona Man Dies After Taking Chemical in Coronavirus Treatment Touted by President Trump"

-Time

REALITY:

An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man’s wife also ingested the substance and is under critical care.

The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.

Nothing you linked is making Trump look any better. He should have kept his mouth shut and let the doctors give the explanations. People are scared and desperate. He needs to be careful what he says.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably because uranium isn’t sold in just about every store. You know, as fish tank cleaner is...
If it was you can bet there would be morons rolling in the stuff.
water<wine wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 pm We all know "radiation" is used for cancer but no one is rolling around in uranium on their own to treat themselves. If they did, no one would blame anyone but the idiots who did it to themselves.

moral of the story, don't self prescribe. don't blame others for your own stupidity.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! Your reply is awesome ! 😂

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:59 pm Probably because uranium isn’t sold in just about every store. You know, as fish tank cleaner is...
water<wine wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 pm We all know "radiation" is used for cancer but no one is rolling around in uranium on their own to treat themselves. If they did, no one would blame anyone but the idiots who did it to themselves.

moral of the story, don't self prescribe. don't blame others for your own stupidity.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Absolutely. Especially when he has a large mindless base just blindly believing everything he says. I won’t go as far as making him responsible for that man’s death because he obviously had a brain somewhere in that head and had the responsibility to think for himself, so it’s really that man’s fault. But when you’re in a position of influence you do have to be careful what you say.

There’s a lie going around that drinking lemon tea with bicarbonate will cure you. My fil sent it to all his WhatsApp contacts and I was pretty pissed. I wasn’t going to tell him off, he’s my fil, but I talked to DH about it and told him that this is the second time my fil has sent out “cures” and “preventions” that are scams and it’s very dangerous to do that. I mean, probably no one will die from drinking lemon tea and spreading menthol rub under their nose, but gullible people will start doing that and get a false sense of security, which could result in them spreading this thing further by not observing the measures that actually do help, like social distancing. DH, my mil and his 2 sisters already gave him a lecture, lol.

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:26 pm

NBC News
@NBCNews

Axios
@Axios

-Buzzfeed

-npr

-Time

REALITY:

Nothing you linked is making Trump look any better. He should have kept his mouth shut and let the doctors give the explanations. People are scared and desperate. He needs to be careful what he says.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:04 pm BREAKING NEWS:

FDA authorizes emergency use of anti-malarial drugs touted by Trump on COVID-19 patients

https://www.10tv.com/article/fda-author ... s-2020-mar
The article says:
The EUA allows hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate that have been donated to the Strategic National Stockpile "to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate,
The article DOES NOT say to be used as a preventative to keep you from getting the virus just like those two morons tried to do and like all those other morons who are hoarding the prescription and taking it while still well. And those two morons who ingested that pond chemical are obviously too stupid to realize that just because there is the word 'chloroquine' doesn't mean that it is the same chemical. The same molecule can be used to make two completely different chemicles. Like chloride. Chloride pluse sodium makes salt. Add an oxygen molecule to that sodium plus chloride and you have bleach. Completely two different chemicals. Salt is NaCl and its chemical name is sodium chloride. Bleach is NaOCl and its chemical name is sodium hypochlorite. Adding another molecule changes the chemical completely.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:59 pm Probably because uranium isn’t sold in just about every store. You know, as fish tank cleaner is...

😂🤣
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemon juice and bicarbonate makes fizzy lemon water! Hardly a cure for anything, except for thirst!
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:50 pm Absolutely. Especially when he has a large mindless base just blindly believing everything he says. I won’t go as far as making him responsible for that man’s death because he obviously had a brain somewhere in that head and had the responsibility to think for himself, so it’s really that man’s fault. But when you’re in a position of influence you do have to be careful what you say.

There’s a lie going around that drinking lemon tea with bicarbonate will cure you. My fil sent it to all his WhatsApp contacts and I was pretty pissed. I wasn’t going to tell him off, he’s my fil, but I talked to DH about it and told him that this is the second time my fil has sent out “cures” and “preventions” that are scams and it’s very dangerous to do that. I mean, probably no one will die from drinking lemon tea and spreading menthol rub under their nose, but gullible people will start doing that and get a false sense of security, which could result in them spreading this thing further by not observing the measures that actually do help, like social distancing. DH, my mil and his 2 sisters already gave him a lecture, lol.

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:26 pm

NBC News
@NBCNews

Axios
@Axios

-Buzzfeed

-npr

-Time

REALITY:

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aren't those two people Trump's supporters?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic