Trump Blows Up at Yamiche Alcindor for ‘Threatening’ Question

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:51 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:40 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 pm He should stop answering them. Just say “that’s an inappropriate question, do you have an appropriate one? If not, move to someone else. The next time they start to harass him over ridiculous things he should throw them out.

I’m so sick of some of these reporters. They truly are hacks and have no journalistic bone in their body.
How is asking him about his own statements regarding ventilators “inappropriate”, particularly when he’s the head of the branch that will decide how many ventilators the federal government doles out? The clip makes it clear he first instinct is to lie when simply read his own words, but if he seriously feels that’s inappropriate and threatening, he’s an even bigger wuss than he lets on.

Seriously, on what planet is asking him about his own words, freely shared on national television, harassment?
Taking his words out of context is inappropriate. We don’t need that now. We need him, the reporters and all others that speak to just give information and stop nitpicking every word or phrase. Especially reporters. There’s so much they should be asking, but nope. Let’s take just a phrase out of context and ask 20 times in 10 different ways to explain it.
What context changes the very straightforward meaning of his words, which were:

“I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being in said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be. I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals, sometimes they’ll have two ventilators, and now, all of the sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

Why don’t we need him, who controls the federal stockpile of ventilators, to explain what information contributed to that “feeling”, and whether that “feeling” will impact his actions? How is it inappropriate nitpicking to ask about that freely made statement? Seriously, that he feels such a question is “threatening” is the most pathetic thing imaginable, and it’s not at all hack journalism to ask him to explain what he means and how his thoughts will influence his actions when he chooses to share them.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:00 pm

How is asking him about his own statements regarding ventilators “inappropriate”, particularly when he’s the head of the branch that will decide how many ventilators the federal government doles out? The clip makes it clear he first instinct is to lie when simply read his own words, but if he seriously feels that’s inappropriate and threatening, he’s an even bigger wuss than he lets on.

Seriously, on what planet is asking him about his own words, freely shared on national television, harassment?
Taking his words out of context is inappropriate. We don’t need that now. We need him, the reporters and all others that speak to just give information and stop nitpicking every word or phrase. Especially reporters. There’s so much they should be asking, but nope. Let’s take just a phrase out of context and ask 20 times in 10 different ways to explain it.

“I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being in said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be. I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals, sometimes they’ll have two ventilators, and now, all of the sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

Why don’t we need him, who controls the federal stockpile of ventilators, to explain what information contributed to that “feeling”, and whether that “feeling” will impact his actions? How is it inappropriate nitpicking to ask about that freely made statement? Seriously, that he feels such a question is “threatening” is the most pathetic thing imaginable, and it’s not at all hack journalism to ask him to explain what he means and how his thoughts will influence his actions when he chooses to share them.
I don’t know if he felt it threatening. I said it was inappropriate and I believe it. But you continue to interpret everything through your ‘I hate Trump glasses’ - that’s fine.

I feel it’s inappropriate because it’s common sense. There is no need for Demanding 30,000 ventilators this week or next week. Even the most catastrophic model showed the highest ceiling of critical I’ll would be 30,000-40,000 during the length of the outbreak in NYC. Not all in one day. That’s why NYC currently has a stockpile of ventilators not yet deployed.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:12 pm

I don’t know if he felt it threatening. I said it was inappropriate and I believe it. But you continue to interpret everything through your ‘I hate Trump glasses’ - that’s fine.

I feel it’s inappropriate because it’s common sense. There is no need for Demanding 30,000 ventilators this week or next week. Even the most catastrophic model showed the highest ceiling of critical I’ll would be 30,000-40,000 during the length of the outbreak in NYC. Not all in one day. That’s why NYC currently has a stockpile of ventilators not yet deployed.
Wait. Who ordered that many ventilators and for what area? Because all I got was Trump saying that, throwing out some number. If it's for the entire NY state the number makes a lot more sense. This isn't through "I hate Trump glasses" either. The fact is they want clarification which he didn't give. If it had been Clinton or Obama the press would react the same. It's their job to clarify vague statements.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Him saying “be nice. Don’t be threatening” in response to her question - along with him lying by trying to claim he didn’t say it - is literally on video. I’m not surprised you find a very straightforward and pertinent question “inappropriate”, as Trump supporters tend to be full of feeble attempts at deflection and excuses for his idiocy and incompetence.

No, that’s not what the most catastrophic model says. Cuomo said “all the predictions say you could have an apex needing 140,000 beds and about 40,000 ventilators” - the apex, not the length of the outbreak. Fauci said he was inclined to agree with him.

He didn’t say anything about him feeling they didn’t need them all immediately. He said he had a feeling they didn’t need the requested 30,000 - if he felt the length of time they were requesting them in was unrealistic, he could have simply clarified that and shared what evidence went into his thought process. But no, he said that he had a “feeling” they didn’t need them, then lied and had a meltdown when asked about it. But somehow it’s the reporter who is an inappropriate hack, lol!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That is so very true. trump should give information- not hunches, not incoherences, not use the press conference to invite cronies to praise him, etc ... BUT he does just that. He's rude and petulant. For ANY medical question, he should defer to Dr. Fauci. For any question re federal stockpiles ( he should know that's a hot topic , given his penchant for being on social media, and his briefings), he should give a clear and concise answer. But he can't. Why? Because he doesn't know the answer. And he knows Kushner is full of shit in actually saying that Fed stockpiles are for the fed gov with a straight ( and what looks like a heavily bottoxed forehead) face. Now trump has to spin jk's idiocy and in turn makes himself look like a baffoon.

Reporters should be asking a lot more question, I agree. But the onus is not on them to ask "appropriate" questions when trump can't give an appropriate/truthful/accurate information or answer.

It bothers him that reporters hold him accountable for his words and in asking , give him a chance for clarity. Does he bite? Nope. Instead , he's annoyed that no one is singing his praises. This is why he brings in idiots like the pillow guy. Then tells the public he had no idea that idiot was going to praise him- mind you, reading off a paper like a child giving a book report in front of the class for the first time. The pillow guy, ...smh .... to a fucken press conference about a global health crisis due to SARS CoV-2.

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 pm He should stop answering them. Just say “that’s an inappropriate question, do you have an appropriate one? If not, move to someone else. The next time they start to harass him over ridiculous things he should throw them out.

I’m so sick of some of these reporters. They truly are hacks and have no journalistic bone in their body.

Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Theyr questions weren’t inappropriate though.
And they’re not hacks.
It’s just that Trump is too fragile .
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Excellent. Well said.
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:57 pm That is so very true. trump should give information- not hunches, not incoherences, not use the press conference to invite cronies to praise him, etc ... BUT he does just that. He's rude and petulant. For ANY medical question, he should defer to Dr. Fauci. For any question re federal stockpiles ( he should know that's a hot topic , given his penchant for being on social media, and his briefings), he should give a clear and concise answer. But he can't. Why? Because he doesn't know the answer. And he knows Kushner is full of shit in actually saying that Fed stockpiles are for the fed gov with a straight ( and what looks like a heavily bottoxed forehead) face. Now trump has to spin jk's idiocy and in turn makes himself look like a baffoon.

Reporters should be asking a lot more question, I agree. But the onus is not on them to ask "appropriate" questions when trump can't give an appropriate/truthful/accurate information or answer.

It bothers him that reporters hold him accountable for his words and in asking , give him a chance for clarity. Does he bite? Nope. Instead , he's annoyed that no one is singing his praises. This is why he brings in idiots like the pillow guy. Then tells the public he had no idea that idiot was going to praise him- mind you, reading off a paper like a child giving a book report in front of the class for the first time. The pillow guy, ...smh .... to a fucken press conference about a global health crisis due to SARS CoV-2.

Deleted User 670

Unread post

they're not taking his words out of context. And what we need is a president who isn't a petty little baby and bat shit F***ing crazy,
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I swear, lol, he could tell some of you to "get on your knees, bitch" and you'd comply.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic