Trump says Harry and Meghan will have to pay their own bills

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:52 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:06 pm It really irks some of you that he married out of that royal bloodline, lol.
Idk why anyone would care especially if they're not British. Unless some princess takes a fancy to one of my sons it doesn't affect my life.
From what I hear, most who aren't thrilled they are here aren't enjoying the non stop reporting/rumor mill from the media on everything they do or don't do. I could not care less about either of them though so I don't even click on the articles about them.
I had no idea they were moving here. Who’s reporting this important news? I think I’ve seen some titles on magazines at the store but I wouldn’t bother reading the titles, never mind the articles.

Why is the president even bothering to Tweet about gossip that they might want something ?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think as a $2 trillion dollar spending bill is passed, which is squarely on the backs of the American tax payer to carry, it makes sense for him to clarify that this is something that we will not be expected to support as well.

Of course they were going to ask, if their people hadn't already begun putting feelers out to test the response from the US on the topic. We don't know that the idea hadn't already been floated for a temperature check. None of us work in security or for the secret service. They'd enjoyed protection at our expense in the past, so heading it off at the pass makes sense.

They've conducted themselves through this entire process like teenagers in college - I want to be independent and do what I want, but I want mommy and daddy to keep paying for everything while I do as I please. They are finding out at every turn that its not going to be that easy, and have not received the financial support that they thought they would from the Crown or Canada.

We want Trump to be transparent and that certain segment again screeches when he is. Your throats are going to be awfully sore screeching for another 4 years.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:06 pm It really irks some of you that he married out of that royal bloodline, lol.
For me it's not that at all. Kate is a commoner so I don't know how that could possibly disturb anyone. It's their conduct as a couple that's disturbing. People don't like MM because it's pretty plain to see that these are the shots she's calling. Kate came along and folded right in. You'd see her with the brothers at events and they'd be like the 3 musketeers. Harry was going along doing his thing. Then MM comes on the scene and suddenly there's a new sheriff in town.

I'm old enough to remember when Diana was killed and they were little boys. It was so sad to me. We've watched them grow up and seen how close they were, how close they were to their grandmother, how they seemed to have many of Diana's values of being in service to people. To see the boys at odds now, a huge rift, barely speaking just makes me sad for them.

To see Harry leave his grandmother like that, blind siding her and not giving her a warning about their big "announcement", you can feel for how hurt she is. She was really their maternal figure after their mother passed.

While they're filled with complaints about royal life, and it's certainly their prerogative to not be happy with it, it's also his family he's severing from and leaving behind - not just the family business. It's just an over all sad situation to watch, and you can see how unhappy William looks these days.

And isn't it nice and refreshing to be able to think about something other than the coronavirus or our economy for about 5 minutes? I know I'm happy for the break.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 am
For me it's not that at all. Kate is a commoner so I don't know how that could possibly disturb anyone. It's their conduct as a couple that's disturbing. People don't like MM because it's pretty plain to see that these are the shots she's calling. Kate came along and folded right in. You'd see her with the brothers at events and they'd be like the 3 musketeers. Harry was going along doing his thing. Then MM comes on the scene and suddenly there's a new sheriff in town.

I'm old enough to remember when Diana was killed and they were little boys. It was so sad to me. We've watched them grow up and seen how close they were, how close they were to their grandmother, how they seemed to have many of Diana's values of being in service to people. To see the boys at odds now, a huge rift, barely speaking just makes me sad for them.

To see Harry leave his grandmother like that, blind siding her and not giving her a warning about their big "announcement", you can feel for how hurt she is. She was really their maternal figure after their mother passed.

While they're filled with complaints about royal life, and it's certainly their prerogative to not be happy with it, it's also his family he's severing from and leaving behind - not just the family business. It's just an over all sad situation to watch, and you can see how unhappy William looks these days.

And isn't it nice and refreshing to be able to think about something other than the coronavirus or our economy for about 5 minutes? I know I'm happy for the break.
I don't like either of them because they're raging hypocrites lecturing the public about reducing their carbon footprint while gallivanting around the globe in a private jet and who for some reason feel entitled to try to control the behavior of the entire world when really Harry is a leftover of a now irrelevant dynasty and Megan is a b rated actress who happened to marry the leftover. and now they don't even have that recognition, lol. I know people who worship the royal family will take offense to what I said but its true. They are no more special than all of the other out of touch celebrities who lecture us 24/7.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 am I think as a $2 trillion dollar spending bill is passed, which is squarely on the backs of the American tax payer to carry, it makes sense for him to clarify that this is something that we will not be expected to support as well.
I still want to know who cares enough about these two people that Trump had to "clarify" that they won't be getting something they didn't ask for?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:18 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 am I think as a $2 trillion dollar spending bill is passed, which is squarely on the backs of the American tax payer to carry, it makes sense for him to clarify that this is something that we will not be expected to support as well.
I still want to know who cares enough about these two people that Trump had to "clarify" that they won't be getting something they didn't ask for?
You know Lemons, I enjoyed the break to be honest. It's nice to ponder something insignificant, some fluff. The whole world is so heavy right now. Mindless for a moment or two was a nice change. It's probably refreshing for him to comment on something other than this national tragedy also.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:16 pm

I don't like either of them because they're raging hypocrites lecturing the public about reducing their carbon footprint while gallivanting around the globe in a private jet and who for some reason feel entitled to try to control the behavior of the entire world when really Harry is a leftover of a now irrelevant dynasty and Megan is a b rated actress who happened to marry the leftover. and now they don't even have that recognition, lol. I know people who worship the royal family will take offense to what I said but its true. They are no more special than all of the other out of touch celebrities who lecture us 24/7.
Yes Water, the hipocracy does get to me as well. Lecture everyone else but be more wasteful than everyone. That's how the politicians are in our country as well as Hollywood. They talk at us about "Green New Deal" but don't do anything remotely resembling trying to reduce emissions themselves. But us peasants are supposed to. LOL. They really are all tone deaf.

I've always kind of liked the royals though. I don't know if it's because Princess Diana was so charming but I started following them a bit when she was engaged to Prince Charles. I've always thought Will would make a good leader.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:50 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:18 pm
You know Lemons, I enjoyed the break to be honest. It's nice to ponder something insignificant, some fluff. The whole world is so heavy right now. Mindless for a moment or two was a nice change. It's probably refreshing for him to comment on something other than this national tragedy also.
I'm watching Netflix for mindless moments. Ozark was good. The president's tweets aren't a great source of mindless positive fluff.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't like anything about the royal family. This is the first thing I've even read about them. It's like sports to me, easy to see a headline and not even read it.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Yes Water, the hipocracy does get to me as well. Lecture everyone else but be more wasteful than everyone. That's how the politicians are in our country as well as Hollywood. They talk at us about "Green New Deal" but don't do anything remotely resembling trying to reduce emissions themselves. But us peasants are supposed to. LOL. They really are all tone deaf.

I've always kind of liked the royals though. I don't know if it's because Princess Diana was so charming but I started following them a bit when she was engaged to Prince Charles. I've always thought Will would make a good leader.
I got up early to watch Diana’s wedding. My parents went to Britain and Europe that year and brought me a couple souvenirs from them.

I don’t understand the people who don’t care at all about the royal family even bother to comment. If I don’t like a topic I either don’t bother opening it, or if I do I back out and let the other people have their conversation. It isn’t that difficult. We really don’t care that you don’t care.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic