Trump says Harry and Meghan will have to pay their own bills

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:12 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:21 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Bullshit. Zero taxpayers were even considering that they'd ask for the US to handle security. They're wealthy enough to pay for their own bodyguards.
With their lifestyle, their combined around $30 million isn’t going to go far. They are supposedly looking at $15 million houses and their security costs are likely to be over a million a year. Some it could reach $8 million a year which seems way too high, but a round the clock team for 3 people would be 9 people with 8 hour shifts. You would need others to relieve them for days off etc.

They need to start making money soon!
His mother and his great grandmother both left him money. I think the only ones who should be concerned about how much money Harry and Meghan have are Harry and Meghan.
Yes, the combined total is around the $30 million range. Meghan has a few million too, reportedly $5 million.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 203

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:01 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:51 pm Was this just another out of the blue comment from our beloved President or was he asked about this?

Regardless, they've apparently not asked for the assistance but were they to, I agree with President Trump.

Then again, I don't think this is a tab that should be picked up by other countries for anyone.
There was an article in a UK newspaper saying since they left Canada, because Canada said they would stop providing protection next week, and moved here they would need to ask Trump. I don’t think they are allowed to bring official UK police/security personnel here.

I read it earlier, apparently he did too?
The President may have as well.

I don't see this being a big deal nor should it be.

They can pay for their own security now that they're apparently living in L.A.
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

To add to DSamuels wisdom, I will add that there is precedence for us paying for Royal security even on non official visits. When Meghan came to New York for 5 days for her baby shower, when she came to attend Serena's tennis tournament, both times she was provided Secret Service protection paid for by us.

It was a valid concern.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:39 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 pm Unless Harry and Meghan asked the US for help, Trump is being petty again.
Their spokesperson has said they didn’t ask, nor do they have plans to ask:

“A spokeswoman for the pair responded to Mr Trump's tweets saying: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources."

“Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/h ... 01036.html
I didn’t think so. He is just being an ass for no reason.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't be surprised if Nancy didn't try to tuck that inside her special stimulus bill.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:48 am
Francee89 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:39 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 pm Unless Harry and Meghan asked the US for help, Trump is being petty again.
Their spokesperson has said they didn’t ask, nor do they have plans to ask:

“A spokeswoman for the pair responded to Mr Trump's tweets saying: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources."

“Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/h ... 01036.html
I didn’t think so. He is just being an ass for no reason.
President Petty is like a scorned teenager or tired toddler.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I did wonder how that was going to play out. I know they want a normal life but they do have to accept they will need bodyguards. Regardless, I doubt they ever expected the U.S. to pay for them. Megan had plenty of money before she met Harry and I'm sure Harry has plenty of his own even without doing his royal duties.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:14 pm :(
Carpy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 pm Trump is an ass. Canada is part of the Commonwealth. America is not. There's no reason the Duke and duchess would ask America for help.
They moved to the US.

I know that. Canada is part of the British Commonwealth. The US is not. They'd have no reason to ask for help from the US.

Can you read? THEY MOVED TO THE U.S. This means they COULD ask the U.S. for help. Hello! That said, the taxpayers of this country should not be paying for special protection for them. Meghan needs to get over herself.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 am
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:14 pm :(
Carpy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 pm

They moved to the US.

I know that. Canada is part of the British Commonwealth. The US is not. They'd have no reason to ask for help from the US.

Can you read? THEY MOVED TO THE U.S. This means they COULD ask the U.S. for help. Hello! That said, the taxpayers of this country should not be paying for special protection for them. Meghan needs to get over herself.

Sigh. Yes, I can read. The Sussex would have no reason to expect protection in the US because there's no tie between the US government and the British Royal family, unlike Canada. There would be no reason to ask for it. Do you understand now?

FYI, the Duke and Duchess were very quick to say they'd never asked for or expected US government protection. This is another example of Trump being a smartass toward someone who had spoken against him. Do you not remember him calling her "nasty" when he found out she'd spoken out against him before her wedding?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 pm Trump is an ass. Canada is part of the Commonwealth. America is not. There's no reason the Duke and duchess would ask America for help.
Actually there is. Canada has refused to pay for their security. They also found out that it isn’t so easy to immigrate to Canada as private citizens.

Since Meghan is a US citizen they are now choosing to relocate here. I doubt the UK is going to pay for British security to protect them here, nor would their taxpayers be happy since are no longer working members of the royal family. Their choice is pay for their own security or ask the US for secret service protection. That usually happens during a working visit, not living here. I highly doubt taxpayers here want to pay for their security either.
Would they have to go through immigration? I thought Canada was under UK rule although I could be wrong. Well I'm sure Meghan's husband will have no problem obtaining citizenship here. And they're wealthy enough I'm sure to afford their own bodyguards. We've got enough debt on the backs of our children without paying theirs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic