Trump says White House shouldn’t work with governors who criticize him

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

There's an article in the New Yorker right now, about Trump wanting to throw a parade to celebrate how good of a job he's doing dealing with the coronavirus. I was reading it on my phone and for a minute it had me going because I didn't pay attention to who wrote the article. It's really sad that it's getting harder and harder to distinguish a satirical article about Trump from real news.
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 pm That’s true re Rep voters/trump supporters in blue states. But you what really is so tragic about your comment? It’s that the trump bar has dropped so low, that for him doing the right thing, the humane thing, escapes him. So much so that we as rational people try to still rationalize this oaf’s delusional/egocentric psyche with comments like voter brownie points and how he could earn them. He’s beyond accountability. It’s disgusting.

It’s not s criticism of you, of course. No one in their right mind, even three years later, can understand the sheer incompetence, self interest, egocentric, petulance, pettiness, this idiot daily shows the public.

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm He doesn't seem to understand that whether he likes a state's governor or not, there are still people in that state that will vote republican. But if he screws over a state so they can't get the respirators, masks, test kits, etc that they need and people die, those republican voters will remember that and he won't get their votes.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:11 pm There's an article in the New Yorker right now, about Trump wanting to throw a parade to celebrate how good of a job he's doing dealing with the coronavirus. I was reading it on my phone and for a minute it had me going because I didn't pay attention to who wrote the article. It's really sad that it's getting harder and harder to distinguish a satirical article about Trump from real news.
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 pm That’s true re Rep voters/trump supporters in blue states. But you what really is so tragic about your comment? It’s that the trump bar has dropped so low, that for him doing the right thing, the humane thing, escapes him. So much so that we as rational people try to still rationalize this oaf’s delusional/egocentric psyche with comments like voter brownie points and how he could earn them. He’s beyond accountability. It’s disgusting.

It’s not s criticism of you, of course. No one in their right mind, even three years later, can understand the sheer incompetence, self interest, egocentric, petulance, pettiness, this idiot daily shows the public.

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm He doesn't seem to understand that whether he likes a state's governor or not, there are still people in that state that will vote republican. But if he screws over a state so they can't get the respirators, masks, test kits, etc that they need and people die, those republican voters will remember that and he won't get their votes.
You're not wrong about the satire problem; the actual news was that he wants the stimulus checks to have his signature on them, so honestly a parade isn't too much of a stretch.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Biff Bunker strikes again.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! Nothing is beneath him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he does try to throw himself a parade once the pandemic starts to subside. Satire is just an exaggerated humorous version of the truth. Remember the 4th of July parade last year? Smh ...
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:11 pm There's an article in the New Yorker right now, about Trump wanting to throw a parade to celebrate how good of a job he's doing dealing with the coronavirus. I was reading it on my phone and for a minute it had me going because I didn't pay attention to who wrote the article. It's really sad that it's getting harder and harder to distinguish a satirical article about Trump from real news.

Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I'm going to start by saying I'm a non-political Canadian. But as a human being living in a border city, I can't help but have opinions about the president of the United States.

I read the article, and his words are alarming. I work in the field of mental health and deal with a plethora of personality disorders. I hate to say it, but this man is clearly suffering with NPD and his people are suffering as a result. And again, this is not a character assassination based on political views, this is a non partial observation of human behaviour.

What caught my attention right away was how he referred to the Governer of Washington as "Governer" where as he called the Governer of Michigan "woman". Now, this is clearly not a derogatory term, but it's telling that he sees a man by his job title, but he sees a woman by her gender. And I don't think I have to dig up quotes to remind everyone how Trump views women.

So right off the bat, he shows a lack of respect. Then he goes on to say that Pence shouldn't even speak about aid with the heads of state that don't agree with him. That's tantamount to denying your children food because their other parent said something that hurt your feelings. The only parent who would do something that sinister is one with a dangerous personality disorder (such as NPD).

The scary thing is, his actions don't just effect his country, they effect the world. I don't know much about how the AMerican political system works, but I certainly hope there's a protocol that can be implemented to prevent Trump from decimating his country.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 am I'm going to start by saying I'm a non-political Canadian. But as a human being living in a border city, I can't help but have opinions about the president of the United States.

I read the article, and his words are alarming. I work in the field of mental health and deal with a plethora of personality disorders. I hate to say it, but this man is clearly suffering with NPD and his people are suffering as a result. And again, this is not a character assassination based on political views, this is a non partial observation of human behaviour.

What caught my attention right away was how he referred to the Governer of Washington as "Governer" where as he called the Governer of Michigan "woman". Now, this is clearly not a derogatory term, but it's telling that he sees a man by his job title, but he sees a woman by her gender. And I don't think I have to dig up quotes to remind everyone how Trump views women.

So right off the bat, he shows a lack of respect. Then he goes on to say that Pence shouldn't even speak about aid with the heads of state that don't agree with him. That's tantamount to denying your children food because their other parent said something that hurt your feelings. The only parent who would do something that sinister is one with a dangerous personality disorder (such as NPD).

The scary thing is, his actions don't just effect his country, they effect the world. I don't know much about how the AMerican political system works, but I certainly hope there's a protocol that can be implemented to prevent Trump from decimating his country.

The 25th Amendment to the Constitution provides a process to remove a president from office if he is unfit to serve. It's never been used.
Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 am
Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 am I'm going to start by saying I'm a non-political Canadian. But as a human being living in a border city, I can't help but have opinions about the president of the United States.

The 25th Amendment to the Constitution provides a process to remove a president from office if he is unfit to serve. It's never been used.
Well there's a first time everything
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:05 am
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 am

Well there's a first time everything
I know it was jokingly brought up before, but I think people are seriously considering it now. This has gotten out of control.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 pm

You're not wrong about the satire problem; the actual news was that he wants the stimulus checks to have his signature on them, so honestly a parade isn't too much of a stretch.
I couldn’t tell it was satire either at first, sounds like something he would do.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I don't think he was quite happy with it. He didn't get his parade of tanks and none of his Trumpkins could see them either because they were fenced off. And nobody but him and his 'special guests' sitting up on the dais got to see the fireworks. And it rained and a lot of people left before the fireworks and those that stayed only saw smoke. Lol. Karma was in rare form that day!
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:08 am LOL! Nothing is beneath him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he does try to throw himself a parade once the pandemic starts to subside. Satire is just an exaggerated humorous version of the truth. Remember the 4th of July parade last year? Smh ...

Locked Previous topicNext topic