Cuomo and Fauci the most trusted during this crisis

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:15 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:50 pm

I think it’s hit most people that this is serious, unlike a few weeks ago. I worry about the warmer weather and people getting sick of staying in before it’s safe to be out and about.
My niece says the warmer weather will slow it down and open up a window to get a cure or vaccine available.
I've been thinking about that and I don't see how getting warmer is going to do anything except maybe keep it down on surfaces (It doesn't seem to like sunlight or heat). I don't see how it would stop it in those who are already carriers. Will you ask her?
It'll slow spread, not stop it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 am
Carpy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am

My niece says the warmer weather will slow it down and open up a window to get a cure or vaccine available.
I've been thinking about that and I don't see how getting warmer is going to do anything except maybe keep it down on surfaces (It doesn't seem to like sunlight or heat). I don't see how it would stop it in those who are already carriers. Will you ask her?
I understand that, but what I'm wondering is until there is a vaccine or a cure, the people who've already been infected will still be able to transmit it to others. What happens with them in the meantime?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:10 am
DSamuels wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 pm Hmm, the WHO says he is doing a good job.
HEALTH AND SCIENCE
WHO officials praise US leaders on coronavirus pandemic response: Trump is doing ‘all he can’
PUBLISHED WED, MAR 25 20203:43 PM EDT

KEY POINTS
The World Health Organization praised the Trump administration’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus singled out President Donald Trump for doing a “great job” in leveraging public and private sector resources to fight the pandemic.

The World Health Organization praised the Trump administration’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, which has spread to all 50 states and infected at least 55,568 U.S. citizens.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus singled out President Donald Trump, whom he said he spoke with Tuesday, for doing a “great job” in leveraging public and private sector resources to fight the pandemic.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/who-off ... e-can.html
Oooh ... That's a far right source! You can't use that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is?
306/232

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:35 am
DSamuels wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 pm Hmm, the WHO says he is doing a good job.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/who-off ... e-can.html
It is?
We need a sarcasm font. That's what the laughing faces were trying to indicate.

Anything that anyone who is a moderate or conservative cites that ever suggests that Trump isn't Satan incarnate invariably is dismissed as being a far right source and discounted by the left wing.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 am

It is?

Anything that anyone who is a moderate or conservative cites that ever suggests that Trump isn't Satan incarnate invariably is dismissed as being a far right source and discounted by the left wing.
Yes, we do. Maybe we should dedicate one of the available fonts just for that purpose, lol.

CNBC is one of my go-to sites, so that kind of threw me ;-)
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SARCASM

Trying one out, :P
306/232

cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

trump’s not Satan. Anyone who literally says that is wrong and out of line. trump’s too stupid to be the ruler of the underworld. It’s an insult to one of god’s former angels.

It is?

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It is?

Usually any time right wing news is used it’s an opinion piece. Trump’s base is almost always short on facts, long on opinions not based in fact.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:33 am
Carpy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 am

I understand that, but what I'm wondering is until there is a vaccine or a cure, the people who've already been infected will still be able to transmit it to others. What happens with them in the meantime?
Isolation until it runs its course.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:04 am SARCASM

Trying one out, :P
sArCaSm
Locked Previous topicNext topic